Page 602 of 665 FirstFirst ... 102502552592600601602603604612652 ... LastLast
Results 6,011 to 6,020 of 6641

Thread: Article 50

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Re: Article 50

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    I agree...the bus should have said... Lets spend the £350million on whatever the democratically elected government of the UK decides.... but the bus wasn't long enough!

Of course we could continue funding all the nonsense over the water.... but we are already meeting our overseas aid commitments.
    Except that would have been a lie - because there never would have been an additional £350m to spend on whatever we liked. As we now all know - after the rebate (taken before we send anything to the EU) is taken into account our payment is £248m/week.

The EU also funds UK projects to an amount of about £100m/week. So if the UK maintains that level of funding after leaving the EU we will theoretically have about £148m/week to spend 'as we like'. Now how much of that we'll have to spend to access the single market...? Let's just assume a payment about the same as Norway's - £15m/week. Takes us to about £133m/week.

Now how much is the chancellor estimating his contingency/mitigation/fighting fund be? £60bn - that's £60,000m. So the fighting fund requires 450 weeks of 'money to spend on what we like'. So we can start to see some of that being spent on the NHS in - oh - about 8.5 yrs time - so 2026. Can hardly contain my excitement.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

Well, same misconstrued replies that miss the point of the post quoted and similar misrepresentation of trade operations from a gazillion previous posts....

BUT - full marks for having the guts to use "lend me a tenner and I'll give you back the fiver I owe you!" I have emailed to Corbyn and Sturgeon... they'll want you for Chancellor of the Exchequer
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Is this kind of view or 'humour' being seen as more acceptable post Brexit with the leave set? Horrible.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world...vote-1.3082703
    Sad times
    Cobra Biocell 1w
    Progen Chromo 3w, 3r and 4r
    Callaway Razr X Forged 4-pw
    Cleveland 588 gw
    Wilson Staff FG Tour lw
    S-Blade Curvewing putter

Quote Originally Posted by maxfli65 View Post
    Is this kind of view or 'humour' being seen as more acceptable post Brexit with the leave set? Horrible.
    Sad times
    And when we discover that taking back control of immigration does not significantly reduce numbers (despite the SLP lie soon to be stated in her manifesto); and that somehow our problems aren't solved by taking back control of immigration - I fear a lot more of that sort of stuff coming...oh what a hoot. And so the little boy laughed to see such fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SocketRocket View Post
    What do you expect when they took on a national Deficit of £100 Billion a year in 2010, they have now reduced it to £15 Billion in 2017, not a bad record. just imagine what would happen if the Fish People had control
    For the fiscal year ending in March 2017:
    The “current budget deficit*” is estimated to be £14.0 billion.
    The difference between spending (including capital expenditure) and revenue is estimated to be £53.9 billion.
    The increase in UK “net debt” is estimated to be £139.4 billion.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    Going by education standards it's surprising that Scotland had such a high remain turn out.
    What's that supposed to mean, because the clear implication is that Scottish Remain voters are stupid or misguided. If that is what you mean then just say it. If it is not then what do you mean?

Or are you saying that despite current failings of the Scottish education system the Scots were still able to see the sense of voting to Remain - I'm confused
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 17-May-2017 at 09:39.

Ryder Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by maxfli65 View Post
    Sad times
    That is nothing compared to the Sussex Tory candidate telling a Scots Millfield pupil who supports Independence to... [insert bad four letter word beginning with f] off back to Scotland........seemingly after complaints from the girls parents he claimed he was only 'Joking'.
    Aye right.

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Except that would have been a lie - because there never would have been an additional £350m to spend on whatever we liked. As we now all know - after the rebate (taken before we send anything to the EU) is taken into account our payment is £248m/week.

The EU also funds UK projects to an amount of about £100m/week. So if the UK maintains that level of funding after leaving the EU we will theoretically have about £148m/week to spend 'as we like'. Now how much of that we'll have to spend to access the single market...? Let's just assume a payment about the same as Norway's - £15m/week. Takes us to about £133m/week.

Now how much is the chancellor estimating his contingency/mitigation/fighting fund be? £60bn - that's £60,000m. So the fighting fund requires 450 weeks of 'money to spend on what we like'. So we can start to see some of that being spent on the NHS in - oh - about 8.5 yrs time - so 2026. Can hardly contain my excitement.
    BTW - the £60bn came from a report in the Times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...fund-n7hmvzptq

And even if that fund does not officially exist then there will be something in place in the face of the (perhaps outside) risk of the UK having to pay €100bn to meet it's debts and commitments to the EU before leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    What's that supposed to mean, because the clear implication is that Scottish Remain voters are stupid or misguided. If that is what you mean then just say it. If it is not then what do you mean?

Or are you saying that despite current failings of the Scottish education system the Scots were still able to see the sense of voting to Remain - I'm confused
    You and your cohort were the ones that brought up the issues of educational standards and other derogatory remarks about leavers not me, however I know you like to keep repeating posts so let's end this one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    You and your cohort were the ones that brought up the issues of educational standards and other derogatory remarks about leavers not me, however I know you like to keep repeating posts so let's end this one now.
    ...ah - OK - it was a reposte to the Leave feeling that Remainers think some leavers rather silly and misguided. OK - we'll leave it there then.

BTW - I'm not sure what cohort I'm now in...and who's in it with me.