Page 747 of 768 FirstFirst ... 247647697737745746747748749757 ... LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,470 of 7678

Thread: Article 50

Re: Article 50

Quote Originally Posted by maxfli65 View Post
    UK thinks it can have it's cake and eat it. It can't.
    Heads in sand, delusion and self-importance abounds. Rude awakening coming.
    No, the UK believes in the right of Nation States to exist and BI-LATERAL trade...the EU hates the former and doesn't mind the latter as long as we keep paying and doing what THEY say.

It is that simple. But we have a body of people in this country who have a "UK must be wrong" default setting and want to be ruled from Brussels not Westminster.. I guess that's their prerogative.

Can't wait till we get on the Euro, then we can be like Greece and Italy! Super
    Last edited by IanM; 11-Sep-2017 at 09:25.
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    And I didn't - but by not saying some you assume I meant all. Maybe you can see a logical leap there.

OK then. Do you accept that some Brexiteers will be cheering that some foreigners are thinking of heading back to whence they came. Do you think that that is a good thong - that some will be cheering.
    You were banged to rights SILH, I see a lot of back peddling going on!
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    He'll be explaining thong next
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Well - I suppose that that is their prerogative.

However since we are told that They depend more on Us than We on Them then they will eventually have to accept some of the UKs negotiating offers - No?

And if they don't? Well that might suggest that the EU's view of the importance reaching a deal with the UK is then not quite what we might be thinking. Do we really understand what the EU want? Where is Sir Ivan Rogers when you need him...
    It appears to me that the EU negotiators are seemingly preparing to shaft the UK despite the detrimental effect that it would have on their member states, especially those who currently benefit from profitable trade deals with us.

Handicap 12.0

Money List Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar

Seems to me that both uk and Eu negotiators are trying to get the best out of a bad situation but what's best for the uk and best for the Eu isn't quite the same.

People are chucking mud at one side or the other based more on their own beliefs rather than knowledge of what's actually happening. (Which is sketchy at best at the moment)
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Handicap: 2.4

There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

When I posted it I was NOT thinking of every individual who vote to Leave - can you not just accept that to be the case? I am NOT back-peddling - I am simply clarifying my statement for those who took it to heart as maybe I was meaning them.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    He'll be explaining thong next
    thong?

Job done

When I posted it I was NOT thinking of every individual who vote to Leave - can you not just accept that to be the case? I am NOT back-peddling - I am simply clarifying my statement for those who took it to heart as maybe I was meaning them.
    I don't think anyone "took it to heart" I just assumed, like BIM did, that when you write something here you mean what it says ....... and you didn't really clarify BIM's post calling you out for what you posted

Handicap 12.0

It appears to me that the EU negotiators are seemingly preparing to shaft the UK despite the detrimental effect that it would have on their member states, especially those who currently benefit from profitable trade deals with us.
    They may well - but they said this at the outset. The integrity of the EU and the Single Market are way more important to the EU than any deal with the UK. Sir Ivan Rogers will have known this and recognised the futility of the UK approach at the outset - and so resigned. Only the UK seems to think that the EU depends more on the UK than the UK does on the EU.

Anyway - I heed the wise words of my Remain colleague Matthew Parris as we let DaveD and the Motley Cru charge on trying to get a deal that won't knack the UK economy completely (I feel very sorry for the Civil Servants caught up in this mess trying to achieve the impossible - and no doubt having fun explaining the realities of life). We let them get on with it. And when it all goes wrong then there can be no finger pointing at Remainers.

Interesting that some keen Leavers are now setting their expectations on the best being getting a deal that means the UK will be able to recover it's current economic position by 2030. Oh good. That's the best?
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 11-Sep-2017 at 11:29.

Job done

Some truth in that but I think the individual 27 would have to ratify any future trade agreements with us so they'll have their say and can veto if they want.
    Only 8% or so of EU exports go to the UK. Significant yes but still only 8%. Contrast that with 40% of our exports going to the EU currently. Maybe we can trade more with far flung places and move some of that 40% elsewhere in time but how easy or sensible or cost competitive is that?
    Tariffs and other trade barriers will hurt us way more than them.
    Seems UK Govt thinks it stamp its feet and can carry on as normal out with no EU contributions and no barriers to trade = dreamland....imo.
    We asked for this, not them.
    We'll end up paying a price to trade like Norway/Switzerland but both have agreed freedom of movement as part of their deal and take far more EU immigrants in proportion to population than us. If we dont agree freedom of movement where does that leave us?
    Cobra Biocell 1w
    Progen Chromo 3w, 3r and 4r
    Callaway Razr X Forged 4-pw
    Cleveland 588 gw
    Wilson Staff FG Tour lw
    S-Blade Curvewing putter