Page 742 of 839 FirstFirst ... 242642692732740741742743744752792 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,420 of 8384

Thread: Article 50

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Re: Article 50

Apropos nothing very much at all. Just been in to town to have my hair cut. Was cut by an Algerian, and I chatted to the French owner as I was being done. I then popped across the road for a coffee in Cafe Nero and was served by a Polish girl.

Are the barbers 'skilled'? Is the barista?

As an aside - in the barbers we talked Brexit - the French lad raised the subject. The French and Algerian lads were very disappointed and amazed that we have voted to leave - and can see no good coming of it. They thought things in our negotiating team were shambolic and we had no idea what we were doing - and they knew a lot about what was going on.

They said it was very sad for our country and for how it made them feel...

Good stuff
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

So, eu keep saying... "No, you must keep paying" and that's our fault.

Not really a shambles. The German Car makers have been to see Merkel this week. Oooooh, they need to sell stuff here too? Not that you'd know that from our Press!

Comical
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Apropos nothing very much at all. Just been in to town to have my hair cut. Was cut by an Algerian, and I chatted to the French owner as I was being done. I then popped across the road for a coffee in Cafe Nero and was served by a Polish girl.

As an aside - in the barbers we talked Brexit - the French lad raised the subject. The French and Algerian lads were very disappointed and amazed that we have voted to leave - and can see no good coming of it. They thought things in our negotiating team were shambolic and we had no idea what we were doing - and they knew a lot about what was going on.

Good stuff
    That's hilarious! They know a lot about Brexit and the negotiations?! A barber and a barista?! Aye, 'course they do... about as much as the rest of us at best.

We're shambolic? In their opinion. I think both sides are shambolic, and blaming each other for it.

Not sure Algeria is in the EU yet.
    Give it big humpties

Tour Winner

SiLH - how's Brexit going to affect the ability of an Algerian to live here?

And to answer your question I would say that a barber is possibly a skilled trade but a barrista not. Irrespective of that, if we need barbers then they would be given a better weighting in whatever type of points based system we adopt, just as if we needed doctors, nurses, surgeons, teachers etc. You still seem unable to get your head around the fact that it is not about stopping immigration, it is about controlling immigration and allowing in the people we need rather than just anyone who just happened to have been born in one of 27 other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Now now, that doesn't suit the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post

Good stuff
    Try going to Greece and Italy and talk to the natives. They arnt happy and would love to follow our example.

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    So, eu keep saying... "No, you must keep paying" and that's our fault.

Not really a shambles. The German Car makers have been to see Merkel this week. Oooooh, they need to sell stuff here too? Not that you'd know that from our Press!

Comical
    So why was the Daily Wail front page moaning about the EU this morning and not trumpeting this news it on it's front page - Good News! Good News!

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    That's hilarious! They know a lot about Brexit and the negotiations?! A barber and a barista?! Aye, 'course they do... about as much as the rest of us at best.

We're shambolic? In their opinion. I think both sides are shambolic, and blaming each other for it.

Their opinion of course - and not the barista - the French lad and the Algerian. And I didn't suggest for a second that it was representative. Just an observation that they seemed quite up to speed on the UK side of the negotiations.

And yes - Brexiteers will be delighted to learn that the French lad is so dismayed by the attitude of many in the UK that he is planning to up sticks and head back to France.

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by ColchesterFC View Post
    SiLH - how's Brexit going to affect the ability of an Algerian to live here?

And to answer your question I would say that a barber is possibly a skilled trade but a barrista not. Irrespective of that, if we need barbers then they would be given a better weighting in whatever type of points based system we adopt, just as if we needed doctors, nurses, surgeons, teachers etc. You still seem unable to get your head around the fact that it is not about stopping immigration, it is about controlling immigration and allowing in the people we need rather than just anyone who just happened to have been born in one of 27 other countries.
    Good - just wondering

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    Try going to Greece and Italy and talk to the natives. They arnt happy and would love to follow our example.
    Why would I want to go to Greece or Italy - this is the UK - we are different - we are special - no?

Job done