Page 738 of 754 FirstFirst ... 238638688728736737738739740748 ... LastLast
Results 7,371 to 7,380 of 7535

Thread: Article 50

Re: Article 50

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    And out of the EU? - UK business will act differently? When in order to win the business the UK needs to build a new trading base against lower cost countries - wages, and workers conditions and rights become secondary to winning the business. Maybe not,
    Workers are, as I keep saying, being right royally shafted...

Why pay huge sums of money over, to another lot of politicians, just to be shafted twice over...

Doesn't make sense to me...

And again, I ask... How many levels of governance do we need?

Westminster are more than capable of making a complete Horlicks of it all without having to indulge anyone else...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSteve View Post
    Workers are, as I keep saying, being right royally shafted...

Why pay huge sums of money over, to another lot of politicians, just to be shafted twice over...

Doesn't make sense to me...

And again, I ask... How many levels of governance do we need?

Westminster are more than capable of making a complete Horlicks of it all without having to indulge anyone else...
    I agree on the shafting. Just don't think Brexitted business will treat workers differently.

And whilst the UK has led in many areas of improving workers rights over the decades (the right to strike being the main exception) - the government will have a free hand to reverse the improvements as business struggles to win the new business we will need in the Brave New World post-Brexit.

One thing that the EU was good at was protecting workers rights, so let's look into a crystal ball and see what might happen. This is the same crystal ball being used by Brexiteers forecasting that Brave New World.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7531366.html
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Who thinks of Germany as being the EU? Is there any evidence of this? Certainly one of the main paymasters and therefore holding many of the trump cards, and the most important member after the UK. A position of influence that we are giving up because we think it costs too much - when I suspect most don't fully understand and value the influence that we actually have? We pretty much had the best of both worlds with our current status - and we are giving that up to have the best of our own world.
    Number of MEP's in the EU parliament isn't a one country, one vote. Germany has more votes than any other country, and banded with France for many issues. Germany and France run the EU.
    Give it big humpties

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSteve View Post

And again, I ask... How many levels of governance do we need?..
    This was my main reason for leaving, and never has a remainer come up with an answer or a reason for having so many politicians and there attached ontarage.

Along with the 650 in the ivory tower and the political boys club that decided on devolved governments with no reduction in Westminster along with the EU, it's just a big political junket that has got well out of control.

Ryder Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Old Skier View Post
    This was my main reason for leaving, and never has a remainer come up with an answer or a reason for having so many politicians and there attached ontarage.

Along with the 650 in the ivory tower and the political boys club that decided on devolved governments with no reduction in Westminster along with the EU, it's just a big political junket that has got well out of control.
    Yup you got it wright for a change.
    Getting rid of those two levels of the Westminster middle management club was always going to be the best solution.

Head Pro

It's not like the MP represents they constituency anymore, it's usually just party lines anyway. So 'virtual MPs' without the cost attached would do quite OK.

Dirty ignorant rotten racist!

(Default response to voicing opposition to the EU!)
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Tour Rookie

So the UK would like more frequent meetings to progress matters faster.

Apparently the EU has rejected this proposition!

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    Dirty ignorant rotten racist!

(Default response to voicing opposition to the EU!)
    I thought you were going to slag my lack of a university education

Quote Originally Posted by drdel View Post
    So the UK would like more frequent meetings to progress matters faster.

Apparently the EU has rejected this proposition!
    Just a silly stand off, you could argue that one from both sides points of view. Schedule was agreed in advance so EU say UK have been slow then avoided main issues and not kept up, UK say EU are being unreasonable by not offering more meets and flexibility on trade discussion etc etc.

any kind of agreement is not looking great at the mo.
    Cobra Biocell 1w
    Progen Chromo 3w, 3r and 4r
    Callaway Razr X Forged 4-pw
    Cleveland 588 gw
    Wilson Staff FG Tour lw
    S-Blade Curvewing putter