Page 730 of 754 FirstFirst ... 230630680720728729730731732740 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,300 of 7535

Thread: Article 50

Money List Winner

Re: Article 50

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post

Only 2.3m in THAT link .... Not much then... tough gig
    Their annual income is just over 5 billion. So surely only the most paranoid BBC conspiracy theorist (or possibly media outlets with a vested business interest in undermining the BBC) would believe that an EU grant of just over 2 million to areas that have nothing to do with their editorial policy would mean that the BBC has an anti EU bias in their news reporting.
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

But that's not ALL they've had , is it? Come on, try harder

Why are they taking any from a political body? Cant be good for integrity, is it?
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    But that's not ALL they've had , is it? Come on, try harder

Why are they taking any from a political body? Cant be good for integrity, is it?
    Any links to proof of all the money on top of that already acknowledged, they have received from the EU to pay off their news teams? They receive a lot more from the government in the form of grants (about 245 million in 2014), so by your paranoid logic they must support them?
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

Blimey... would have though a cursory look at their output would be clear enough..... but examples of that are ignored by you lot.

And I love the assertion that taking money is ok if it is only a small percentage of their outrageous budget.... Good luck with that argument when you tell your wife you only had "one affair!"
    Last edited by IanM; 02-Sep-2017 at 12:27.
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Tour Rookie

What continues to amaze me is why there is a delight in knocking the UK. The EU member states are in the position they enjoy due, in no small measure, to the massive finances and support since the 1950s and our net contributions for 30 years.

Juncker comes from a country with a population slightly larger than Milton Keynes.

Barnier wants details from UK but insists reports are summarised because he is so busy. He also wants the UK to pay above the legally required amount as the moral thing to do while at the same time painting us as the every.

The EU has done deals without demanding free movement or ECJ oversight.

As the 5th largest economy its time we took the lead and stopped listening to these unelected tinpot managers. This is a deal that should be run by elected heads of state.

It will be Interesting to see what the EU does if Putin attempts to take a bit of Poland! Run to NATO I expect because they have not kept up any meaningful defence expenditure: relying on their good friends the UK and USA!

Quote Originally Posted by drdel View Post
    What continues to amaze me is why there is a delight in knocking the UK. The EU member states are in the position they enjoy due, in no small measure, to the massive finances and support since the 1950s and our net contributions for 30 years.

Juncker comes from a country with a population slightly larger than Milton Keynes.

Barnier wants details from UK but insists reports are summarised because he is so busy. He also wants the UK to pay above the legally required amount as the moral thing to do while at the same time painting us as the every.

As the 5th largest economy its time we took the lead and stopped listening to these unelected tinpot managers. This is a deal that should be run by elected heads of state.

It will be Interesting to see what the EU does if Putin attempts to take a bit of Poland! Run to NATO I expect because they have not kept up any meaningful defence expenditure: relying on their good friends the UK and USA!
    Not sure there's any delight being had in knocking the UK from EU members, most cannot understand why we've taken this daft path we're on. We the UK agreed to the order of things for negotiation but now some months on we're trying to shift the goalposts, not the EU.
    Seems to me behind the struggles with progress at present are the Tory party looking after themselves as usual, they've been charged with leaving but can't find a way to do it that protects themselves and are scared since the GE that they're on a hiding to nothing and could suffer at the polls for a long time by younger voters who are getting older but wont forget and also older people when they already feel worse off and could get much worse off once Brexit really bites.

If Putin wants some of Poland surely that is a military NATO issue, not a EU one so not relevant. There are 1000's of US troops there already, Poland is part of NATO so if Putin invades it's WWIII.
    Last edited by maxfli65; 02-Sep-2017 at 17:15.
    Cobra Biocell 1w
    Progen Chromo 3w, 3r and 4r
    Callaway Razr X Forged 4-pw
    Cleveland 588 gw
    Wilson Staff FG Tour lw
    S-Blade Curvewing putter

Head Pro

Junker is the from an Elected European parliament highest civil servant. And the UK didn't send May or the queen either. When pictures of Davis where posted in the news there were shouts here that he had a team that does the work for him, or how th leavers call them, unelected bureaucrats. Is that not good enough for both sides?

Sorry to disrupt, keep ranting.

Ryder Cup Winner

Agree with Mmaxfli's comment.
    The Europeans I meet seem to be flabbergasted that the UK has gone down this route.
    I agree with them and tend to shake my head slowly on the thought patterns that half of the UK citizens went through to vote leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    Agree with Mmaxfli's comment.
    The Europeans I meet seem to be flabbergasted that the UK has gone down this route.
    Go on then... I am interested how many 'Europeans' have you living in your neck of the woods?

That you might work alongside, rub shoulders with, chat with on a daily basis?

Not many on either count I suspect...

Whilst some might be 'flabbergasted' very few are surprised in my experience...
    And, quite a few [more than you'd think] support/endorse exit...
    And, several even envy that we are strong enough to give it a go...

And, for me, I live amongst many, work alongside a few and chat with fellow Europeans on a daily basis...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Was my garst flabbered when Scotland wanted to split from the UK.