Page 1049 of 1061 FirstFirst ... 495499499991039104710481049105010511059 ... LastLast
Results 10,481 to 10,490 of 10605

Thread: Article 50

Ryder Cup Winner

Re: Article 50

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSteve View Post
    So, the whole event was just a staged fundraiser... Wow! Just WOW!
    Are you joking now or just being silly ?

The sharp increase in SNP membership was an obvious reaction to the way Scotland [+Wales and NI] were treated at Westminster

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Shocked!!

A major party in Scotland shouts and stamps its feet for Scotland, and Scottish people support them... who'd have thought it.

Joking aside, I think the lack of time given to the Scottish MP's to debate the issues in Westminster is very poor in the extreme. Yes they would have howled and stamped their feet for effect but they do have the right to do that, just as the MP's from England and Wales have been doing.
    And it's not as if the government weren't 100% aware of the Scottish Governments very strong unhappiness with what was being proposed. May and her mates have know for months that the SNP would be furious were the government to behave on the devolved powers aspects of the Bill just as they have done.

Indeed you could say that the government actually instigated the walk-out in knowing full well the opposition of the SNP.

Just as it is so duplicitous of May and Davis et al to pretend that any hard EU/UK NI border that EU might have to put in place if there is no CU agreement would be being nothing to do with UK actions over leaving the customs union. When in fact it will be UK actions on leaving the CU that 100% might well force the EU to put in place some form of border control.

That it could be the EU that has to implement border controls does not absolve the UK from our responsibility in forcing that situation. By the UK actions the EU may have no choice. The UK would be responsible - despite what some would like to pretend and protest - and any subsequent undermining of the GFA and subsequent unrest will be as a direct result of the actions of the UK government in leaving the CU.

But with any luck none of that will happen.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    Not just Doon old boy.
    Every single district in Scotland voted to remain in the EU.
    I am very much in the minority down here...
    But the votes outcome was from the whole of the UK not just bits of it...

Merely flippant...

The sharp increase in SNP membership was an obvious reaction to the way Scotland [+Wales and NI] were treated at Westminster
    Sadiq believes Londoners are being treated badly by Westminster also...
    Fair to say, its quite likely, all the districts that voted remain may have a gripe...
    But that, whether we like it or not, is how it works...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Essentially overruling Holyrood for the first time in the near 20yrs of the Scottish Parliament.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Journeyman Pro

Not just Doon old boy.
    With the maximum total < population of Manchester

Not just Doon old boy.
    Irrelevant

The vote was a UK wide vote and the result was UK wide - it’s irrelevent what each country/area/town/street voted

And that was known before the vote

Time to accept it , time to accept the independence vote , time to accept the Brexit vote - time for people to give it a rest and let the people we voted in as a nation to fulfill the wishes of the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Irrelevant

The vote was a UK wide vote and the result was UK wide - it’s irrelevent what each country/area/town/street voted

And that was known before the vote

Time to accept it , time to accept the independence vote , time to accept the Brexit vote - time for people to give it a rest and let the people we voted in as a nation to fulfill the wishes of the UK
    If I think something is going to have a very negative impact on my children, I will do whatever I can to protest against it or try and stop it happening. That's just how it is. Simples.

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    If I think something is going to have a very negative impact on my children, I will do whatever I can to protest against it or try and stop it happening. That's just how it is. Simples.
    Oh behave - you had your say when you voted and no doubt if your children are old enough they also had their say and voted

Now we live in a democratic country where we accept the will of the people of the land - it’s a complete lack of respect to the people and to democracy to continue to protest and demand just because the vote didn’t go your way - it’s childish and pathetic. I voted to stay in , I didn’t vote Tory but I accept the vote and now just wish people like you would just allow the people “we voted” to carry out the result “we voted on”

Respect democracy, respect what millions over the years have fought to ensure we have. By all means voice concerns but to continue to bleat on is disrespectful to the rest of the nation

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    And it's not as if the government weren't 100% aware of the Scottish Governments very strong unhappiness with what was being proposed. May and her mates have know for months that the SNP would be furious were the government to behave on the devolved powers aspects of the Bill just as they have done.

Indeed you could say that the government actually instigated the walk-out in knowing full well the opposition of the SNP.

Just as it is so duplicitous of May and Davis et al to pretend that any hard EU/UK NI border that EU might have to put in place if there is no CU agreement would be being nothing to do with UK actions over leaving the customs union. When in fact it will be UK actions on leaving the CU that 100% might well force the EU to put in place some form of border control.

That it could be the EU that has to implement border controls does not absolve the UK from our responsibility in forcing that situation. By the UK actions the EU may have no choice. The UK would be responsible - despite what some would like to pretend and protest - and any subsequent undermining of the GFA and subsequent unrest will be as a direct result of the actions of the UK government in leaving the CU.

But with any luck none of that will happen.
    I refer you back to post# 10458.

As to the UK being responsible for hard borders; that's up to both parties to negotiate over. The UK doesn't want one, and neither does the EU. The EU don't like the UK's proposal, and the UK doesn't like the EU's proposal. However, it is a consequence of the vote, not a responsibility.
    Give it big humpties

Ryder Cup Winner

The Daily Record editor who brought together the unionist parties 'Vow' in 2014 says he now supports independence.

That is some wind change.