Page 1048 of 1061 FirstFirst ... 485489489981038104610471048104910501058 ... LastLast
Results 10,471 to 10,480 of 10605

Thread: Article 50

Re: Article 50

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    https://hansard.parliament.uk/Common...0-E5AB3DAF3689

Hansard busy rewriting yesterdays events.
    The day devolution in the UK ended, must get it correct.
    The day devolution ended. Did you go to drama school?
    intolerance will not be tolerated

Journeyman Pro

It is interesting that those who wish to remain cite the uncertainty that leaving might bring.

Their crystal balls ignore that Italy, one of the four economically most significant members, is in turmoil. Also much of the rhetoric in other members concerns the way in which the Euro has only helped growth in Germany, largely to their detriment and that of the UK.

The 27 are far from a coherent bunch. The EU's fear is simply based on how they will cope without the UK's contribution - its nice to be wanted but not if all that is required is our money.

Blindly wishing to overturn the vote and stay within this shambolic and vastly expensive experiment would be the biggest folly.
    Last edited by drdel; 14-Jun-2018 at 07:55.

Blackford, and the SNP walkout.

Blackford called for a private member's debate... formerly known by the call, "I spy strangers."

A few points;

The "I spy strangers" call was supposed to be used for debates on sensitive material. It is/was used to stop a debate straying into sensitive areas whilst the public gallery was occupied. He had every right to call for a Private Member's Debate if he felt the debate at the time was straying into areas of a sensitive nature.

However, he is it not allowed to use that mechanism to force the House to immediately fit in something he wants to debate.

The rules on "I spy Strangers" were changed in 1998. Its a basic rule of the House, which I'm sure Blackford is very aware of. Just as he will also be very aware of the order to sit down given by the Speaker of the House.

Blackford will also be aware of the very basic rule that if he lodges a request for a Private Member's Debate by 10:30am of any given day, he will be able to stand and speak that day. The Speaker offered Blackford the opportunity to speak after PMQ, even though the request hadn't been lodged by 10:30am.

Blackford, and the SNP, were grandstanding.
    Give it big humpties

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Blackford, and the SNP walkout.

Blackford called for a private member's debate... formerly known by the call, "I spy strangers."

A few points;

The "I spy strangers" call was supposed to be used for debates on sensitive material. It is/was used to stop a debate straying into sensitive areas whilst the public gallery was occupied. He had every right to call for a Private Member's Debate if he felt the debate at the time was straying into areas of a sensitive nature.

However, he is it not allowed to use that mechanism to force the House to immediately fit in something he wants to debate.

The rules on "I spy Strangers" were changed in 1998. Its a basic rule of the House, which I'm sure Blackford is very aware of. Just as he will also be very aware of the order to sit down given by the Speaker of the House.

Blackford will also be aware of the very basic rule that if he lodges a request for a Private Member's Debate by 10:30am of any given day, he will be able to stand and speak that day. The Speaker offered Blackford the opportunity to speak after PMQ, even though the request hadn't been lodged by 10:30am.

Blackford, and the SNP, were grandstanding.

I am sure 'Wings over' will say otherwise...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Ryder Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSteve View Post
    I am sure 'Wings over' will say otherwise...
    Wings currently saying that 2000 new SNP members in two days is pretty good indication of the mood of the country

Some numpty SLAB councillor started a poll to judge the SNP's actions at Westminster.
    With over 3000 votes cast it was 87% in favour of Blackford's tactics.
    Not the result he was anticipating methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    Wings currently saying that 2000 new SNP members in two days is pretty good indication of the mood of the country

So, the whole event was just a staged fundraiser... Wow! Just WOW!

So, the whole event was just a staged fundraiser... Wow! Just WOW!
    Shocked!!

A major party in Scotland shouts and stamps its feet for Scotland, and Scottish people support them... who'd have thought it.

Joking aside, I think the lack of time given to the Scottish MP's to debate the issues in Westminster is very poor in the extreme. Yes they would have howled and stamped their feet for effect but they do have the right to do that, just as the MP's from England and Wales have been doing.
    Give it big humpties

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Shocked!!

A major party in Scotland shouts and stamps its feet for Scotland, and Scottish people support them... who'd have thought it.

Joking aside, I think the lack of time given to the Scottish MP's to debate the issues in Westminster is very poor in the extreme. Yes they would have howled and stamped their feet for effect but they do have the right to do that, just as the MP's from England and Wales have been doing.

The 'stupidities' of Westminster are fully mirrored in Brussels [just as they are in all layers of governance] yet Doon is seemingly, for whatever reasons, desperate to cling to Brussels apron strings...

The 'stupidities' of Westminster are fully mirrored in Brussels [just as they are in all layers of governance] yet Doon is seemingly, for whatever reasons, desperate to cling to Brussels apron strings...
    Which he is entitled to do. It’s a political choice. Some will think both sides are stupid. There is no stupidity in either choice, just a decision to choose a different path.
    Give it big humpties

Ryder Cup Winner

Not just Doon old boy.
    Every single district in Scotland voted to remain in the EU.