Page 1046 of 1061 FirstFirst ... 465469469961036104410451046104710481056 ... LastLast
Results 10,451 to 10,460 of 10606

Thread: Article 50

  1. #10451
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S W Scotland
    Posts
    14,454

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Not like Wings to miss out crucial bits

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44467306

    He was ordered to leave for refusing to sit down when asked a number of times

    Suspect he was a cheap stunt that just makes them look petty

    Wrong,
    He refused to sit down because the Speaker was out of order and not following the HoC rule book.
    The clerk tried to correct the Speaker but he ignored him.

  2. #10452
    Ryder Cup Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,808

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Dellboy View Post
    Stupid cheap stunt By the SNP which was pre-organised and agreed before hand knowing full well he will be asked to leave, all it has done is shown the SNP to be anti-democratic and not prepared to respect the house, what they should do now is keep walking for Roughly 420 miles north and stay there.
    They’re an embarrassment to our country

  3. #10453
    Journeyman Pro Bunkermagnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    Wrong,
    He refused to sit down because the Speaker was out of order and not following the HoC rule book.
    The clerk tried to correct the Speaker but he ignored him.
    The Speaker told him to sit down countless times, which he refused. The Speaker also told him more than once he could have his vote after PMQ's. It was the clerk who informed the Speaker of the rules broken by Blackfoot ignoring the Speakers instructions, and the punishment it merited.
    It was all staged so obviously, but backfired on Blackfoot and the SNP as the question/s he would have been able to ask, as they were already tabled and on the Speakers list, were then wiped off the list as they wouldnt be there to ask them.
    Forever trying.

  4. #10454
    Ryder Cup Winner Hobbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Gallardos
    Posts
    12,345

    Re: Article 50

    The rules of the House are pretty clear. All the SNP walking out meant they weren't there for the rest of PMQ AND the Brexit questions thereafter. They did their own constituents a huge disservice by not being there to represent them.
    Give it big humpties

  5. #10455
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S W Scotland
    Posts
    14,454

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunkermagnet View Post
    The Speaker told him to sit down countless times, which he refused. The Speaker also told him more than once he could have his vote after PMQ's. It was the clerk who informed the Speaker of the rules broken by Blackfoot ignoring the Speakers instructions, and the punishment it merited.
    It was all staged so obviously, but backfired on Blackfoot and the SNP as the question/s he would have been able to ask, as they were already tabled and on the Speakers list, were then wiped off the list as they wouldnt be there to ask them.
    Wrong, he did not sit down because the Speaker was not following the HoC rules.
    Blackford asked for his 'private' motion 'now'. Not after PMQ.
    The speaker should have cleared the house and allowed his private motion.


    Crazy rules I know, but the Speaker is in the wrong here.
    No different to the English MP waffling on last night to deny all Scottish MP's a chance to speak. He played by the rules as well.

    Expect more in the weeks months to come.

  6. #10456
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S W Scotland
    Posts
    14,454

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    The rules of the House are pretty clear. All the SNP walking out meant they weren't there for the rest of PMQ AND the Brexit questions thereafter. They did their own constituents a huge disservice by not being there to represent them.

    If the rules are clear, why did the Speaker not carry them out properly [as confirmed by his office].

  7. #10457
    Journeyman Pro maxfli65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Argyll
    Posts
    2,136

    Re: Article 50

    SNP have had well over 1000 new members sign up since the walk out today. Be it well intentioned or not what Blackford did (and given Sec of State Mundell's tone Blackford was likely right to push the Brexit weakening of devolution powers case as it's been largely ignored by Westminster.....so far) it may have hit the right emotion for some up here as standing up for the man in the street, just as it clearly irks many down south. But why should the SNP MPs just accept getting walked over by Westminster, their job is to stand up for a great many Scots in Brexit? Bercow was wrong but seems he is very good at bullying, someone followed by many stood up to him today.

  8. #10458
    Ryder Cup Winner Hobbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Gallardos
    Posts
    12,345

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by maxfli65 View Post
    SNP have had well over 1000 new members sign up since the walk out today. Be it well intentioned or not what Blackford did (and given Sec of State Mundell's tone Blackford was likely right to push the Brexit weakening of devolution powers case as it's been largely ignored by Westminster.....so far) it may have hit the right emotion for some up here as standing up for the man in the street, just as it clearly irks many down south. But why should the SNP MPs just accept getting walked over by Westminster, their job is to stand up for a great many Scots in Brexit? Bercow was wrong but seems he is very good at bullying, someone followed by many stood up to him today.
    How can it be a weakening of powers when the powers currently reside in Brussels? The Tory govt has said on numerous occasions that some of those powers currently residing in Brussels will go to Scotland, but not all.

    Lets make it simple; if Scotland currently has 10 powers, and post-Brexit they will have 10 powers = no change. If there are 20 powers in Brussels, and 10 of those powers are going to Scotland, Scotland will end up with 20 powers, and 10 of those powers in Brussels will go to Westminster.

    Looks to me like its the SNP are the ones demanding more powers. Its a cynical, backdoor independence. Personally, I'd like to see Scotland go their own way totally, if that's what the population want.
    Give it big humpties

  9. #10459
    Ryder Cup Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    10,808

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    How can it be a weakening of powers when the powers currently reside in Brussels? The Tory govt has said on numerous occasions that some of those powers currently residing in Brussels will go to Scotland, but not all.

    Lets make it simple; if Scotland currently has 10 powers, and post-Brexit they will have 10 powers = no change. If there are 20 powers in Brussels, and 10 of those powers are going to Scotland, Scotland will end up with 20 powers, and 10 of those powers in Brussels will go to Westminster.

    Looks to me like its the SNP are the ones demanding more powers. Its a cynical, backdoor independence. Personally, I'd like to see Scotland go their own way totally, if that's what the population want.
    It isn't, we had a vote on it.

  10. #10460
    Hall of Famer Liverpoolphil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    39,121

    Re: Article 50

    Lets be honest they all act like spoilt brats in the HOC and at times the speaker needs to shut them up and tell them to behave - walking out when you don’t get what you want just smacks of childishness - I believe he had sit down and waited then he would have got what he requested but then the walk out wouldn’t have happened

    I have no doubt it was pre meditated to gain something - there is always an ulterior motive

    But just like certain posters it’s time for people to respect what the population voted for , respect democracy and allow the elected government the time and space to follow through what the country voted for - the spoiling and diversion tactics are embarrassing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

What Tour Players Splash Their Cash On

With millions in the bank, what do pro golfers spend their money on?

June 21, 2018

Play in the BMW Golf Cup International at Woburn

Golf Monthly readers are being offered the exclusive opportunity to play in the Regional Final for the BMW Golf Cup International over the superb Marquess Course at Woburn with a chance to go on and compete in the National and World Finals in St Andrews and Mexico.

June 21, 2018

Mickelson “Embarrassed And Disappointed” After US Open Penalty

The five-time major winner has revealed that he is embarrassed and disappointed by his episode last week

June 20, 2018

Why Do Golfers Shout Fore?

What is the etymology of this golfing word of warning?

June 20, 2018