Page 1043 of 1061 FirstFirst ... 435439439931033104110421043104410451053 ... LastLast
Results 10,421 to 10,430 of 10605

Thread: Article 50

Tour Winner

Re: Article 50

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    May loyalist Justice minister resigns over Brexit - so that he can "properly speak out for my country and it's citizens"

“I believe that the evidence now shows that the Brexit policy our Government is currently pursuing on the basis of the 2016 referendum is detrimental to the people we are elected to serve.

“Certainly, it now seems inevitable that the people, economy and culture of my own constituency will be affected negatively. And I cannot ignore that it is to them that I owe my first responsibility as their Member of Parliament.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...w-quits-policy
    Slightly hypocritical of him to say that he wants to "speak up for his constituents" when 53% of them voted to leave. Maybe he only wants to speak up for the other 47%

Quote Originally Posted by ColchesterFC View Post
    Slightly hypocritical of him to say that he wants to "speak up for his constituents" when 53% of them voted to leave. Maybe he only wants to speak up for the other 47%
    Didnt have the gonads to vote against the government.
    H4H Handicap Challenge v backwoodsman start HC 20H4H Challenge v Khamelionwww.therebutnotthere.org.uk

Money List Winner

Nice summary of todays events from Twitter

'PM bought off a Remain revolt by convincing MPs they’d get a meaningful vote on deal but avoided Brexiteer revolt by saying she would not allow one. What can possibly go wrong?'

Onwards and upwards.....
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

Ryder Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    Nice summary of todays events from Twitter

'PM bought off a Remain revolt by convincing MPs they’d get a meaningful vote on deal but avoided Brexiteer revolt by saying she would not allow one. What can possibly go wrong?'

Onwards and upwards.....
    Utter shambles, a totally useless and decrepit system of voting and debating.

They are stuck in 1897, more like a mothballed museum than a Parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    Utter shambles, a totally useless and decrepit system of voting and debating.

They are stuck in 1897, more like a mothballed museum than a Parliament.

Yep...

Westminster should be working towards achieving the best possible outcome, for the majority, whilst taking into consideration the concerns of the minority...

However, what they are actually doing [unsurprisingly] is seeking the best possible outcome for the minority with barely a glance to the result of the referendum...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSteve View Post
    Yep...

Westminster should be working towards achieving the best possible outcome, for the majority, whilst taking into consideration the concerns of the minority...

However, what they are actually doing [unsurprisingly] is seeking the best possible outcome for the minority with barely a glance to the result of the referendum...
    But isn't that exactly what they are trying to do? We are leaving, we are coming out, that is what the referendum was about and it is happening, game over, the leave vote won, by triggering article 50 they are doing what the referendum said. And they are also taking into consideration the concerns of the minority (I assume you mean those that voted to remain or those MPs that want to remain) with certain compromises.

Trust me, if they were taking into account the views of the minority who voted to remain then the whole thing would be called off.
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    But isn't that exactly what they are trying to do? We are leaving, we are coming out, that is what the referendum was about and it is happening, game over, the leave vote won, by triggering article 50 they are doing what the referendum said. And they are also taking into consideration the concerns of the minority (I assume you mean those that voted to remain or those MPs that want to remain) with certain compromises.

Trust me, if they were taking into account the views of the minority who voted to remain then the whole thing would be called off.

So, we are back to the smoke 'n mirrors concept of leave...
    Whereby Westminster assures us we have left...
    When we've actually gone nowhere at all...

Fairly confident, to say, that was not the expectation of the majority of leavers...
    I believe something more than a politicians compromise outcome was honestly hoped for...

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

On yesterdays Amendment 19 behind the scenes shenanigans

Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive

...though how Brexiteers seem to know what May agreed with the supporters of the Grieve amendment when they weren't actually in the room...
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

This is the route it was inevitably going to go down without having defined an agreed alternative proposal to our EU membership prior to the referendum.

We're now in a position where any outcome will displease the majority of people!

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post

...though how Brexiteers seem to know what May agreed with the supporters of the Grieve amendment when they weren't actually in the room...

We don't... But she shouldn't be getting side tracked with amendments...
    The focus, of Westminster, should be to deliver the outcome expected by the majority...