Page 897 of 1055 FirstFirst ... 397797847887895896897898899907947997 ... LastLast
Results 8,961 to 8,970 of 10549

Thread: Article 50

Re: Article 50

Quote Originally Posted by Reemul View Post
    But it is the same issue, during the run up to the referendum the remainers spent 90% of their time calling the brexiters stupid, racist, ignorant, morons and so on. They continue to do so. Their tone is condescending and attitude to brexiters short sighted, narrow minded and in most cases incorrect. It's almost like the old days of the upper classes v the working classes or the attitude of private golf clubs having working men as members 40 years ago.

Yet all it does is make them look just like the people they are calling out, sad really.

This is a rather pathetic and malicious rant and to play a victim card is a bit sad. Expect someone will be along shortly to suggest it should be post of the year.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    To be fair some of the UKIP/ENP type of leavers did deserve the stupid/ignorant/racist tag.
    Unfortunately for the leavers they tended to hijack the issues. Bus and refugee queue misinformation as examples.
    The leave political argument was lost to a surge of ' basic nationalism'.

I don't think class had anything to do with it, I think many voted leave to give Cameron a bloody nose.
    To be fair some do, and that post is probably an extremely fair summation of what happened; perhaps only missing the failure of some sections to use their vote and the doom-mongering arguments of the Remain campaign to be totally accurate?

But I doubt many of "that type" frequent this board, yet all on here were cast as of "that type". The issue of the broad brush was previously raised, the Mods intervened and yet the bear continued to be poked. And thus we find ourselves where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    If the govt said MP's could have a vote on the final Brexit negotiation why did they oppose the amendment last night to make sure it definitely happened? Not sure why they picked that fight when they had already agreed to what the amendment was about. Odd decision.
    Haha! Very valid point - and one that was probably mentioned during the debate!

The simple reason is that governments (of every flavour) do not like being told what they MUST (or must not) do! There are several reasons for that, rangeing from a fear that changing circumstances might mean that a 'requirement' of the law is actually a 'bad' thing to do..... to the distinct possibility that the requirement might mean that the Government actually fails to sway Parliament when the requirement is subsequently voted on (or is pointed out to be a broken promise!).

In this case, I believe the Government is scared that rebels will vote against whatever deal is made and scupper the entire exercise!
    Adams Speedline 9.5* Tech Rul 54 S
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 13.5* Matrix Red Tie 70R
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 16.5* Matrix Red Tie 70S
    Adams XTD TI 20* at 21* Matrix Red Tie S
    Adams XTD TI 23* at 24* Matrix Red Tie S
    Titleist 913 27* Diamana Kuro Kage S
    MacGregor PCB Tour 6-PW S300
    Cleveland 588 Forged 52, 58
    Seemore Si1 33" or Bettinardi Baby Bee CS 33"

Ia Ora Te Natura
    E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei

Quote Originally Posted by Reemul View Post
    But it is the same issue, during the run up to the referendum the remainers spent 90% of their time calling the brexiters stupid, racist, ignorant, morons and so on. They continue to do so. Their tone is condescending and attitude to brexiters short sighted, narrow minded and in most cases incorrect. It's almost like the old days of the upper classes v the working classes or the attitude of private golf clubs having working men as members 40 years ago.

Yet all it does is make them look just like the people they are calling out, sad really.
    I certainly didn't notice many folk acting in this way!

Certainly not significantly more from the 'Remain' side than the 'Leave' one! It was quite an emotive topic however and there was thoroughly understandable 'passion' from both sides!
    Adams Speedline 9.5* Tech Rul 54 S
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 13.5* Matrix Red Tie 70R
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 16.5* Matrix Red Tie 70S
    Adams XTD TI 20* at 21* Matrix Red Tie S
    Adams XTD TI 23* at 24* Matrix Red Tie S
    Titleist 913 27* Diamana Kuro Kage S
    MacGregor PCB Tour 6-PW S300
    Cleveland 588 Forged 52, 58
    Seemore Si1 33" or Bettinardi Baby Bee CS 33"

Ia Ora Te Natura
    E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei

Ryder Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by maxfli65 View Post
    This is a rather pathetic and malicious rant and to play a victim card is a bit sad. Expect someone will be along shortly to suggest it should be post of the year.
    I think that is Post of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSteve View Post
    Interesting How?

In that, the doctor aside, none of them have a clue about the real world?
    In that they are largely legal professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSteve View Post
    Other reports have indicated its not been the case...
    Aye well reports from Britain First dinna count min. Official reports show that there has been. And there's numerous accounts of foreign nationals being deported after living here a long time, there's clear sign it's deliberate

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

And so to open 2018 discussions on UK leaving the EU I offer the following as a suitable 'eh? - what? - damn those bloody EUrocrats' piece of news.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-leaked-letter

But what did Davis expect the EU to do? I'm sorry - but for a Remain voter this makes me shake my head in despair - Davis complaining that the EU are preparing for a No Deal and advising EU business of likely impacts...
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    And so to open 2018 discussions on UK leaving the EU
    Please don't!
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    Please don't!
    'fraid so - can't just ignore this sort of stuff coming from the genius pen of our Gov Brexit guru - especially when it is he who, word has it, threatened to resign if a Minister for No Deal was appointed by May in the cabinet re-shoogle
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    'fraid so - can't just ignore this sort of stuff coming from the genius pen of our Gov Brexit guru - especially when it is he who, word has it, threatened to resign if a Minister for No Deal was appointed by May in the cabinet re-shoogle
    You do realise that there is a contradiction from the EU in the first two paragraphs of the article? A “flat denial” and “it’s only natural for the bloc to prepare.”

oh, and the article is in the biggest Remain supporting paper.
    Give it big humpties