Page 1021 of 1024 FirstFirst ... 21521921971101110191020102110221023 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,210 of 10235

Thread: Article 50

Money List Winner

Re: Article 50

Stolen form twitter so i can't claim it as my own, but I may agree with some of the sentiment

We are leaving Single Market - but have no new regulatory agencies.We are leaving Customs Union - but have no customs infrastructure and no new trade deals.We are "taking back control" of borders - but "deport in error".We are to Brexit - but do not know what we are doing.
    Tinkety tonk old fruit, and down with the Nazis.

Ryder Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker Khan View Post
    Stolen form twitter so i can't claim it as my own, but I may agree with some of the sentiment

We are leaving Single Market - but have no new regulatory agencies.We are leaving Customs Union - but have no customs infrastructure and no new trade deals.We are "taking back control" of borders - but "deport in error".We are to Brexit - but do not know what we are doing.
    No Irish border deal either.
    The Home Office treatment of the Windrush children was/is a shameful disgrace.
    In the same week our wonderful BBC think it is a 'good idea' to re run Enoch Powell's 'Rivers of Blood' speech.

If only there was a Dept for International Trade.... oh, there is
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

But we can still just leave with 'No Deal' and all will be tickety-boo. Though I am still not at all clear of the point (sometime this year I guess) that 'Nodealers' will have us activating that option.

I suppose the government could just state that decision right now. But I am thinking that there has to be some event - a point at which a decision is made by the UK Deal Team to recommend to May that we do not accept the Exit Deal that is on offer - and in this I am assuming that the Transition Deal is a subset of the Exit Deal and that these are not distinctly separate deals to be agreed in isolation.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

From an article in Business Insider it appears that D-Day will be in October when parliament will vote on the Exit (inc Transition) deal that May brings back from Brussels - as the deal has then to go to EU27 governments for ratification.

Though tbh I thought Dave Davis was telling us that nothing is agreed until all is agreed. Now does that all include the re-engagement trade deal (as well as all the other deal and agreements) or does it just cover Exit. Because the re-engagement deals aren't going to be agreed by October - or maybe they just agree the skeleton and principles of the re-engagement deals?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...otiator-warns/

But some clarifications from Guy Verhofstadt tells us that Withdrawal and Transition agreements will be agreed by end March 2019 - with an outline Trade agreement agreed - to be thrashed out during the Transition. So that means in October parliament will be voting on Exit (Withdrawal and Transition) plus outline future Trade. And I am assuming therefore that the outline future trade agreement must be, in part, agreed on the basis of a solution to the EU/NI problem.

And so we have, at best, 5 months to sort the border problem - maybe less as without a solution to that problem working out and agreeing an outline trade agreement for October will be difficult.

I am thinking that the Exiting the EU bill does not impact that timeline - as I assume that that bill will have to be agreed and enacted in Law before the summer recess.
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 17-Apr-2018 at 14:28.

And last medal of the year (Oct) saw me play to handicap but CSS was +1 so that was me down 0.2 from 8.3 to 8.1

Job done

Oops - Even The Times cannot quite be honest and recognise that we did this to ourselves! It was just that no-one thought it all through.

EMA.jpg

Job done

Utter tosh.
    We have plenty of regulatory agencies and time to set up more if needed.
    We have a very good customs infrastructure. Stuff does come in from the world outside the EU, even if some people think the EU is the world. Itís the EU that is stopping us from having new trade deals now.
    Show me a nation who hasnít deported in error.

Iíd stay off Twitter if I were you.
    intolerance will not be tolerated

Quote Originally Posted by Doon frae Troon View Post
    In the same week our wonderful BBC think it is a 'good idea' to re run Enoch Powell's 'Rivers of Blood' speech.
    Ah, the leftís preference to pretend something they donít like never happened.
    If you donít learn from history and the mistakes of the past the same mistakes will be repeated. If you donít tell the young about history they will repeat the same mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    Oops - Even The Times cannot quite be honest and recognise that we did this to ourselves! It was just that no-one thought it all through.
    I assume by ďdid it to ourselvesĒ you mean we excercised our right as a democratic nation to decide an issue by having a vote?

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    I am not planning to do anything other than writing to my MP.
    Why not save time and invite him to join this forum.
    At least he gets paid to learn your views. Do you think he is as aware as we are on your opinion of Brexit? 😀