Page 831 of 844 FirstFirst ... 331731781821829830831832833841 ... LastLast
Results 8,301 to 8,310 of 8431

Thread: Article 50

  1. #8301
    Journeyman Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,511

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
    I am so glad Lord Kerr, the author of Art 50 has spoken at an Open Britain event to say that he doesn't want the British public to be mislead on Article 50.
    Its only a shame Europhiles like him were not so bothered about the British public being mislead when we were told we were only joining a trading bloc.

    Kerr's a EU fanatic whose claim to fame is its his name on a bit of text written by a team he chaired: but you'll never get anywhere on here if you keep bringing up the truth - the resident moaners will find some other selective out of context quote.

  2. #8302
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,166

    Re: Article 50

    Once again the EU's chief negotiator Michael Barnier has said that the UK has to say what it will pay to settle our obligations before talks can move on to trade and future relationship. Surely I can't be the only one wondering how this is still going on and hasn't been resolved yet. Theresa May has said that we will honour our commitments and pay what we owe. How can it have taken 6 months and this hasn't been resolved. Both sides must know what projects etc we have agreed to fund so there shouldn't be any argument about the amount owed.

    The EU appear to be demanding different amounts depending on what day it is. If they had any basis for their claims then they should be able to produce an itemised invoice showing how much we owe and what it's for rather than their current approach which appears to be simply to see how much they can screw out of the UK. Would love for David Davis to simply tell the EU that we aren't going to hold any more talks until the EU provide such an invoice. Put the ball back in their court and show that we aren't going to be walked all over in the negotiations.

  3. #8303
    Journeyman Pro maxfli65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Argyll
    Posts
    1,755

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by drdel View Post
    Kerr's a EU fanatic whose claim to fame is its his name on a bit of text written by a team he chaired: but you'll never get anywhere on here if you keep bringing up the truth - the resident moaners will find some other selective out of context quote.
    How about the truth of your big red bus and Farage and desperate wannabee PM Bojo and the lies emblazoned across it? But hey keep bringing up the 'truth' whilst the country goes back to the 1970s.
    Going to fund the NHS all that cash are we after we've paid a 60 million divorce bill (that we probably owe). Going to trade with Zambia or Laos are we instead of Holland or France? We'll show em eh?

    WAKE UP!

    Truth?...You can't handle the truth!

  4. #8304
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,166

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by maxfli65 View Post
    How about the truth of your big red bus and Farage and desperate wannabee PM Bojo and the lies emblazoned across it? But hey keep bringing up the 'truth' whilst the country goes back to the 1970s.
    Going to fund the NHS all that cash are we after we've paid a 60 million divorce bill (that we probably owe). Going to trade with Zambia or Laos are we instead of Holland or France? We'll show em eh?

    WAKE UP!

    Truth?...You can't handle the truth!
    Deal. We'll take it. I'm assuming that should have been a "b" rather than an "m".

    I'd have no problem with us paying a 60 billion bill to leave the EU if that's what we owe and we could see an actual bill that shows why we owe it. In simple terms if you went out for a meal and at the end of it the waiter said "You owe us 150" would you just pay it without asking to see the bill for why that's the amount you owe.

  5. #8305
    Ryder Cup Winner Hobbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    11,047

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by ColchesterFC View Post
    Once again the EU's chief negotiator Michael Barnier has said that the UK has to say what it will pay to settle our obligations before talks can move on to trade and future relationship. Surely I can't be the only one wondering how this is still going on and hasn't been resolved yet. Theresa May has said that we will honour our commitments and pay what we owe. How can it have taken 6 months and this hasn't been resolved. Both sides must know what projects etc we have agreed to fund so there shouldn't be any argument about the amount owed.

    The EU appear to be demanding different amounts depending on what day it is. If they had any basis for their claims then they should be able to produce an itemised invoice showing how much we owe and what it's for rather than their current approach which appears to be simply to see how much they can screw out of the UK. Would love for David Davis to simply tell the EU that we aren't going to hold any more talks until the EU provide such an invoice. Put the ball back in their court and show that we aren't going to be walked all over in the negotiations.
    The ploy is quite transparent. The EU team want to see how much well stump up for a trade agreement, whilst using the excuse its for outstanding commitments. We know there are outstanding commitments and have said well honour them. Its pure cynicism by the EU team.
    Give it big humpties

  6. #8306
    Money List Winner Old Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Instow - play in North Devon
    Posts
    5,115

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by maxfli65 View Post
    How about the truth of your big red bus and Farage and desperate wannabee PM Bojo and the lies emblazoned across it? But hey keep bringing up the 'truth' whilst the country goes back to the 1970s.
    Going to fund the NHS all that cash are we after we've paid a 60 million divorce bill (that we probably owe). Going to trade with Zambia or Laos are we instead of Holland or France? We'll show em eh?

    WAKE UP!

    Truth?...You can't handle the truth!
    You don't even remember what colour the bus was but I like the cheap divorce bill payment.
    Last edited by Old Skier; 10-Nov-2017 at 23:17.

  7. #8307
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S W Scotland
    Posts
    13,594

  8. #8308
    Money List Winner Old Skier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Instow - play in North Devon
    Posts
    5,115

    Re: Article 50

    Appears he did then.

  9. #8309
    Journeyman Pro maxfli65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Argyll
    Posts
    1,755

    Re: Article 50

    So Davis guarantees Parliament a final say (vote) on the withdrawal agreement. Big concession. Got to be good news wrt scrutiny of what we're potentially getting into and a safeguard against a hard-right no deal cliff-edge brexit. Economy and jobs has to come first.

    Progress at least.

  10. #8310
    Ryder Cup Winner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    S W Scotland
    Posts
    13,594

    Re: Article 50

    Quote Originally Posted by maxfli65 View Post
    So Davis guarantees Parliament a final say (vote) on the withdrawal agreement. Big concession. Got to be good news wrt scrutiny of what we're potentially getting into and a safeguard against a hard-right no deal cliff-edge brexit. Economy and jobs has to come first.

    Progress at least.
    Good news.
    I wonder who will be in government then ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Game Golf Live Shot Tracking System For Just 129.98 (Save 40)

Get the excellent on course shot tracking and off-course stats

November 21, 2017

Black Friday Groupon Golf Deals

Check out these superb Groupon golf deals, ranging from fourballs to lessons to simulator experiences

November 21, 2017

Hong Kong Open Golf Betting Tips

The European Tour starts the 2018 in Asia with a strong field in attendance, check out who we think will do well with these Hong Kong Open Golf Betting Tips

November 21, 2017

Rose and Fleetwood resume battle at Hong Kong Open

After the thrilling climax of the 2017 European Tour season last week in Dubai, the 2018 schedule begins right away on Thursday. Sam Brazel defends the UBS Hong Kong Open in Fanling and 2017 European Tour Number 1 and Number 2, Tommy Fleetwood and Justin Rose will start.

November 21, 2017

Bushnell Neo Ion Golf Watch for Lowest ever price of 99.48

Very impressive battery life is combined with useful features that help improve accuracy and implementing the correct strategy

November 20, 2017