Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Paul Merson

Re: Paul Merson

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    At least it's not a cold Wednesday in Stoke. Apparently that is even more scary than a Monday according to the often repeated quote. Your timing is good though, they are just beginning to warm up and get into form. Too many good players there now not to.
    our players are starting bed in nicely as wel. Martins Indi has been a cracking signing and it seems like Ryan looks a lot more confident with him by his side and not a mistake prone partner.
    Lee Grant coming in to keeper has been great, Given is way past it and he's solid enough to cover Butland until he's back. (Which I can't wait for)
    Geoff Cameron in CM has been amazing and it's allowed Joe Allen to play that free role he seems to be enjoying.
    Shaqiri & Arnautovic are just brilliant players when they get going. Different class.

Just need Bony to bag one and find a bit of confidence and I think he'll score a few then.
    Cobra King F6 Driver
    Cobra Fly-Z 3 Wood
    (This Gap Needs Filling)
    Titleist 714 AP1 4-GW
    Mizuno MP T5 56 & 60
    Taylormade OS Spider

Handicap 14.6
    Target for 2017 - Cat 2

http://www.crewegolfclub.co.uk/

I think Bony will be a good signing for you, as you say he needs one goal to get under way. I suspect they never expected Given to play, he would there partly to coach Butland and bring him on. The rest are all part of the progress of the club to being more than a decent PL team. Stoke are a template for other clubs on how to go up, stabilise and then be established. Sunderland could do with having a good look at how Stoke have done it.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

I think Bony will be a good signing for you, as you say he needs one goal to get under way. I suspect they never expected Given to play, he would there partly to coach Butland and bring him on. The rest are all part of the progress of the club to being more than a decent PL team. Stoke are a template for other clubs on how to go up, stabilise and then be established. Sunderland could do with having a good look at how Stoke have done it.
    As do I mate but just needs to get going. Against Swansea next week would be a great place to start!

Yeah i imagine, we tried our other young keeper but he was appalling.

If you'd have told me when we came up we'd still be here in 2016 and have the calibre of players that we do, i'd have laughed at you.
    Cobra King F6 Driver
    Cobra Fly-Z 3 Wood
    (This Gap Needs Filling)
    Titleist 714 AP1 4-GW
    Mizuno MP T5 56 & 60
    Taylormade OS Spider

Handicap 14.6
    Target for 2017 - Cat 2

http://www.crewegolfclub.co.uk/

Tour Rookie

Merson at it again....watching Chelsea game he's just referred to Willian as Will i am, not once but three times.
    He's clearly listening to something else 🙄

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Pin-seeker View Post
    I think he's brilliant.
    I went to see him as a after dinner speaker a few years back,he was hilarious.
    Had a chat with him after & he was spot on.
    Ditto

Said the Leicester lad was unlucky and the sending off (second yellow) was harsh, he left the ground with both feet ffs 😜

Head Pro

I quite like him - like a few others on the show he doesn't take himself too seriously. His recent joke involving mentioning as many Oasis songs without anyone else knowing, including Stelling, was hilarious!!
    https://www.facebook.com/SoccerAM/vi...1252467231713/
    In the bag:TM M1 10.5 Driver; TM M2 5 Wood; Callaway Big Bertha 4 hybrid; Ping G irons 4-PW: Cleveland Rotex 588 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges; Scotty Golo 5 www.wragbarn.co.uk Handicap 14.1>14.2>14.3

Part of the joy of that programme is the rough around the edges style of the pundits. If you want slick and dull then watch the BBC, except few do. The atmosphere is blokes around a table in a pub. Long may it stay the same, it's a cracking show.

Part of the joy of that programme is the rough around the edges style of the pundits. If you want slick and dull then watch the BBC, except few do. The atmosphere is blokes around a table in a pub. Long may it stay the same, it's a cracking show.
    Amen to that LT
    Titleist 910 D3 RIP x-stiff
    Titleist 915F 3W Rogue x-stiff

Mizuno H4 2i DG X100
    Mizuno MP53 3-PW DG X100

Cleveland CG15 DSG 52°, 58°
    Odyssey Sabretooth 33" with VIBE

Callaway Chrome Soft X Truvis Yellow/Black Footballs
    Titleist RC Cart Bag
    Under Armour Golf Shoes
    Garmin S1
    No official h/c
    PW Swing. 6i Swing. 3i Swing.

Journeyman Pro

This for me as well
    It’s not Mastermind.