Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GolfBuddy WT4 not charging

Title says it.
    I've started to have problems charging it.
    It's just over a year old.
    When charging properly the battery icon should constantly move from 1 to 4 bars until the icon eventually shows solid.
    My icon now turns solid in a very short time but when removed from the charger it's no further charged than when started.
    I've googled to no avail and the user manual doesn't cover it.
    Many thanks.

Re: GolfBuddy WT4 not charging

Get in touch with Golf Buddy support, I had a software issue with mine and they asked me to send it back for them to look at (emailed me pre paid shipping label), ended up sending me a new replacement less than a week later. I can't remember if it was still in warranty though, possibly just outside.
    2016 handicap 15.16.15.14.15.14.132017 handicap 13.12.13.12 https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martyn-vaughan3

Have you tried another lead ?
    Guessing usb mini/micro type fitting, pennies to buy nowadays
    eliminate that first.
    TM Aeroburner TP 8.6 *PX 6.5
    TM Aeroburner TP 14* PX 6.5
    TM Aeroburner TP 18* PX 6.5
    Honma TW 727v 4-pw Nippon Modus 120 x
    Yamamoto Wedges 50,54,58
    Odyssey O works Fang 2 Ball

BTW, I have a spare charging cradle doing nothing should anyone want it.

Thanks for the posts.
    I tried a different lead - a Kindle lead fits - but to no avail.
    The GolfBuddy lead charged the Kindle ok.
    I've left it with the "retailer" - my Club Pro.
    He wants to see the problem for himself and if it can't be solved he'll deal with GolfBuddy.
    He rang me to tell me the battery icon had reached three bars but that was after about 5 hours - it usually charges fully in a few hours.
    If it drops back to 1 or 0 rapidly then it can only be the cradle or watch battery.
    I'll go see him again tomorrow

Hi Beezerk,
    I have messed up the charging cradle for my Golf Buddy WT4 and I note back last year you had a spare one. I'm having trouble getting a replacement and I would be very interested if you still have it.
    If so, happy to pay postage and contribution. Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Ron Harris (Hiron!)
    ronharris@talktalk.net

If I could find it Ron it's yours, I have a sneaky suspicion it's in one of the many boxes in the loft though.
    2016 handicap 15.16.15.14.15.14.132017 handicap 13.12.13.12 https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martyn-vaughan3

I had one and had 2 software issues and each time they sent me a new unit. This model is very impressive but they do seem to have had some trouble with it. Nevertheless they always seem to sort them out and look after their customers so I wouldn't shy away from contacting them directly.
    No signature any more as they are now frowned upon. But I do play with these...Ping G30 10.5 TFC 419D reg TM M1 3 wood HL regTM RBZ 4 hybridPing G30 5 - U wedgeCleveland CG16 52 & 58 Black Pearl Tour ZipEvnroll ER5 Hatchback 33"Skycaddie LinxStewart X7 Lithium Remote Dream Machine!

Re: GolfBuddy WT4 charging cradle

Quote Originally Posted by Beezerk View Post
    If I could find it Ron it's yours, I have a sneaky suspicion it's in one of the many boxes in the loft though.
    Thanks for your prompt reply.

If you should come across it I would be delighted to pay your postage and a donation. (If your loft is like mine, you may never find it!!!)

My address is: The Cot, Old Cote Drive, Brent Road, Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset, TA8 2JT.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Ron Harris

Re: GolfBuddy WT4 charging cradle

Quote Originally Posted by Hiron! View Post
    Thanks for your prompt reply.

If you should come across it I would be delighted to pay your postage and a donation. (If your loft is like mine, you may never find it!!!)

My address is: The Cot, Old Cote Drive, Brent Road, Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset, TA8 2JT.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Ron Harris
    Id edit this and take it to PM if I was you, your address details on a open forum is very trusting, if not a bit daft IMO.
    Member of http://www.coventrygolf.co.uk/

www.justgiving.com/GolfMonthlyForumHFH2017

Handicap Challenge: Papas1982 18.1 Vs Fish 17.9

20 months without an Infraction!!!