Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Re: I had a lesson today and... (rolling thread)

Quote Originally Posted by richart View Post
    Did he make a phone call at the end of the lesson to his wife, telling her he sorted his pension problems ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    The Bentley and holiday home is on order
    Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    I might criticise many things but I rarely if ever mock your golf. A little courtesy in return is in order.
    Don't worry Homer they are both like love struck teenagers with each other at the moment.

Shocking really when Phil was bemoaning others having a pop at him.
    TM dual rescue 5 R/f
    TM BURNER 3 wood r/f
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-pw
    Mizuno MP T5 54/12 Wedge
    Titleist Vokey SM5 58/4
    Cleveland 588 RTX 50 degree
    TM 880 putter
    Titleist provx
    FJ Tour Spikeless
    Handicap Start 2013 8.4<7.3[first hole in one]
    2016 7.1>6.9

Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2014
    Southwest King of Kings regional winner 2015

Had a lesson last Thursday and something just stuck in my head for once. Was absolutely creaming every shot and getting that satisfying noise off the club face every time I hit the ball.

Played golf on Monday and wasn't to sure if the lesson had stuck with me. Anyway fast forward 18 holes and I came off the course with my highest stableford score of 37 and played the best golf I'd ever played.

Went to the range this afternoon and its carried on. Looks like I've really turned a corner in my game. Hopefully get my first card in soon in the next few weeks and get my handicap. Really hoping to do a few comps this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Grogger View Post
    Had a lesson last Thursday and something just stuck in my head for once. Was absolutely creaming every shot and getting that satisfying noise off the club face every time I hit the ball.

Played golf on Monday and wasn't to sure if the lesson had stuck with me. Anyway fast forward 18 holes and I came off the course with my highest stableford score of 37 and played the best golf I'd ever played.

Went to the range this afternoon and its carried on. Looks like I've really turned a corner in my game. Hopefully get my first card in soon in the next few weeks and get my handicap. Really hoping to do a few comps this summer
    Oh dear..

last thing you want to do it think you have cracked it.... Que a bad round.
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Always good to gain momentum - use it well and hope to keep it going

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    Oh dear..

last thing you want to do it think you have cracked it.... Que a bad round.
    Im not saying I've cracked it! Can anyone crack golf? Just that I've turned a corner in my game and I'm getting a bit of consistency. I'm under no illusions that a bad round is somewhere in the future but for the time being I'm enjoying my golf.

Im not saying I've cracked it! Can anyone crack golf? Just that I've turned a corner in my game and I'm getting a bit of consistency. I'm under no illusions that a bad round is somewhere in the future but for the time being I'm enjoying my golf.
    Hope you have, just going by experience of everytime i thought i had, it was followed by a jolt back to reality
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    Hope you have, just going by experience of everytime i thought i had, it was followed by a jolt back to reality
    Hahahaha I know what you mean. Makes you wonder why we keep coming back to it!

Thanks for that. Wasn't sure myself. It was strange but he asked me to simply put my tongue at the base of my mouth and focus on my breathing from the chest (but not listening to it). Apparently this reduces the heart rate. All I know is I felt so calm over the ball and with a slower takeaway was able to make some really solid shots. Not sure how or why but seemed to slow me down completely. Apparently he does a lot of NLP work with is plus figure and single figure pupils so their might be something in it although I'd not heard of it. Does this "Zen Golf" book a few have recommende come from the same stable?
    a lot of bodybuilders do that technique of the tounge in the roof of the mouth as it is impossible to tense your neck muscles pushing your tounge up in the roof of your mouth (you've just tried haven't you). Reduces tension and relaxes you and in bodybuilding reduces the risk of injury.
    HC: 11.8 (12)
    Driver:Tm R11 @9 degrees
    3 wood: Tm rbz stage 2 15 degrees.
    3 hybrid: Tm burner super fast 2 18 degrees
    4-pw srixon Z745 Nippon ns pro 980gh stiff.
    Gap wedge: Cleveland 588 48 degree.
    Sand wedge:Ping g10
    lob wedge: cleveland cg16 60 degree.
    www.royalascotgolfclub.co.uk
    http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ads749r

Good news. It will go backwards inevitably at some point but stick with what you were shown and trust it. You know it works

I might criticise many things but I rarely if ever mock your golf. A little courtesy in return is in order.
    Think you're best off ignoring LiverpoolDil the troll

Interesting tips from your lesson, makes sense though. And if you're seeing results then that's bang on