Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Re: I had a lesson today and... (rolling thread)

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Good luck with the pitching. If you get a chance, try the pitching challenge on the course (https://youtu.be/5FsjsSX9v5k). Great and realistic and has made a big difference to my own short game
    Did you try to re upload that range session you posted on YouTube. it looked like it had been. recorded in 3d. Double vision.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*
    Titleist 913 F 16* 4 wood
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Mizuno Fli Hi JPX (2012) 6 & 7 (or ap2 6&7 iron)
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce
    Titleist sm5 k grind 60* 11*bounce
    Lee Trevino Napa style putter
    handicap updated to --(2017)8.2---8.4---8.2---8.0---7.8--

Quote Originally Posted by garyinderry View Post
    Did you try to re upload that range session you posted on YouTube. it looked like it had been. recorded in 3d. Double vision.
    Working on it. Uploaded new editing software and taking some time to get to grips with. Using the practice session from the other weekend, a cut off point as to where the swing is/was to refer back to as I progress. My pet project for the weekend. THe software is brilliant but not overly user friendly and intuitive

It will certainly be useful to chart your progress. Think you should utilize head covers and them sticks to make sure you start the swing off right in the takeaway before you tackle the length of swing. I Noticed every swing was being taken away outside. That was the first thing Fostin was telling you off for.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*
    Titleist 913 F 16* 4 wood
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Mizuno Fli Hi JPX (2012) 6 & 7 (or ap2 6&7 iron)
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce
    Titleist sm5 k grind 60* 11*bounce
    Lee Trevino Napa style putter
    handicap updated to --(2017)8.2---8.4---8.2---8.0---7.8--

Journeyman Pro

Had a lesson on Trackman the other day which was fairly decent.

The path figures were fairly consistent, however, the club face was all over the place. I was very static at impact, and needed to turn more. Without altering anything, but the feeling of getting out the bloody way, that face angle improved massively and the flights and delivery were so much more improved. I also found swing speed and ball speed increased by a few mph, in turn increasing carry. We then tried to sort out another 'flaw' I have, which is swinging around myself a bit too much...but that's a work in progress.

Towards the end of the lesson, we switched up to driver, something I consider the most consistent club in the bag. I was hitting it fairly solid, carrying at 235, but spinning at 3500. We used the optimiser feature of Trackman, which takes the launch conditions and informs you that if you change certain characteristics, what the difference could be. Looking at the figures, I was consistenly hitting around 5-6* up on the ball (which was a surprise to me!) but there was too much spin, so we needed to adjust the spin loft. I got the wrench for driver, and knocked it down from its standard 10.5* to the lowest it would go...8.5*...and we continued hitting. No change in ball flight, swing path or anything, and the spin dropped massively to around 2000-2200, on a consistent basis, which in turn increased driver carry to 255, running to 280. I was amazed...but shows how technology can certainly help. I am looking forward to seeing how this translates at the range later, and then on the course over the weekend....fingers crossed it sticks!

Note: Before all the comments fly in...I am aware that the Trackman is set to 70*, no wind etc etc....but still, in dry data conditions, the consistent carry stands!!
    Wabey
    Taylormade M2 Driver | Ping G 3 Wood | Ping G 5 Wood | Mizuno JPX-900 Forged | Mizuno T7 Wedges | Edel E-3 Putter
    Thetford Golf Club, Norfolk
    @MattWabe

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pauljames87 View Post
    he has moved me to a “hookers grip”
    The mind boggles 😉

Each to their own and if it works, brilliant.
    But if you want to improve your distance control, you're going to need some work on your follow through
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    Each to their own and if it works, brilliant.
    But if you want to improve your distance control, you're going to need some work on your follow through
    In what way? Any advice greatly received

In what way? Any advice greatly received
    I'll give you a clue, look at the length of your follow through
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    I'll give you a clue, look at the length of your follow through
    Would you advocate it being the same length as the backswing or take them all to a complete follow through ?
    Where I play
    https://www.gaileslinks.co.uk/

2015 Handicap 17.9 - 16.0
    2016 Handicap 16.1 - 18.0

WITB

Taylormade Rocketballz stage 2 driver.
    3 - pw Titleist 714 - AP 1s
    48,52,58 Vokeys.
    Daddy Long Legs putter.

Challenge Tour Pro

I'd have thought it's more the fact that the through swing is shorter than the back swing (sometimes considerably so). Deceleration is a killer