Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Q-School Graduate

I had a lesson today and... (rolling thread)

Hope it's ok to start this. Couldn't find a similar thread.
    Had a lesson today with Simon Lucas up here in Lancaster. Flightscope and video analysis. Turns out I've been swaying laterally all over the shop. So he's pulled my swing apart just looking at the lower body really so far. 2 more lessons booked in for the next couple of months. I have to say that even in an hour it felt like I was swinging a lot more freely, and consistently, hitting target so much more (albeit just a wedge, but all the same). Excited to see where it takes me!
    • TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 10.5°
    • Adams Tightlies 16°
    • Nike VRS 3 Hybrid 21°
    • Mizuno MX17 4-PW (1" longer)
    • Titleist Vokey 250.08 Oilcan
    • Spalding 56°, 12° bounce
    • Yes Robin Putter

Re: I had a lesson today and... (rolling thread)

Good thread sir. I've a lesson booked for this afternoon. Not really played or practiced too much in the last few weeks so just going for a 30 minute refresher and overview on where the swing is ready for some warmer and dryer weather (soon please). Then its about short game up to March and the start of the season and then off and running

I had a lesson yesterday which fixed my tops and gave me some great drills to work on.

Was releasing a bit early and tensing my wrists too much, standing up in the downswing, leaving an open clubface and the "knifey/bladey" top. Worked on the downswing, closing the clubface, maintaining lag, lateral bend, and in my little practise at the end hit the best drive I've hit in months. Very pleased, excited to take it to the course, but have exams to get out of the way first!
    Ping G10 Driver, 10.5*, TFC129 Reg Shaft
    Nike Vapor Speed 20* Hybrid - Fubuki z70 R (New favourite)
    Some handmedown Ping Eye 2 replica irons
    Mizuno MP-T4 50* GW, Wilson 54* SW, Cleveland CG-15 60* LW
    Odyssey Metal-x 2 Ball
    Balls I find as I frequently rummage through dense vegetation...
    A healthy dash of enthusiasm and no handicap
    Member at Walmersley GC.

Had a lesson this morning and it was embarrassing! Couldn't hit a thing and was honestly as bad as I was when I first took up the game 3 years ago. To much going on in my head and worrying about what I was doing during the swing. Felt like I'd wasted my instructors time.

Never er really do well at the range and much prefer hitting a ball on the golf course but it would be nice to put something together at the range.

Great lesson. Pleased that the work I've done on alignment, posture and tempo passed muster. Worked mainly on my exit through the ball which was too high leading to a couple of faults. Also looked at staying behind the ball with the driver. Some excellent stuff. Came away invigorated and just need the temperature to rise, rain to stop and the course to dry out.

Tiptree, Essex - Where they make the Jam!

I had a lesson last Saturday with part 2 this morning, completely altering the way I swing, having no wrist hinge with the right wrist whichever in turn is stopping me from closing the face at the top of my swing (has lead to some wicked pull hooks).

Today we took the swing out to the short game area and did some chipping and pitching. Feeling positive for the new season ahead.
    ITB:
    Ping G30 driver
    Ping G30 3 wood
    Ping G30 17* hybrid
    Ping G25 20* hybrid
    Cobra AMP 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 50/54/58 wedges
    Oddyssey Metal X-Milled #9
    GoKart Electric Trolley

The Essex GCC, Earls Colne, Essex
    Golf Blog: http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
    Blog Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/

Q-School Graduate

Hoping to get to the range today for first practice since my lesson. I feel like all my practice of the last 6 months or so is completely wasted as my swing is now so different to what it was. Quite demoralizing. I hope I manage to get into the flow of it quickly and see some real benefits.
    • Adams Tightlies 16°
    • Nike VRS 3 Hybrid 21°
    • Yes Robin Putter

Q-School Graduate

Ok so that went pretty well. Got into the groove of the new movements ok. Repeating them in front of the mirror all weekend evidently helped. I'm not topping the ball as much. Going similar sort of distance to before, but it's effortless. Striking the ground more consistently after the ball I think, and the big pull left seems to be gone. Also managed to hit some very pleasing 4-iron shots which I've not managed to do before. This lesson stuff does work.
    Long way to go still, but it's promising!
    • Adams Tightlies 16°
    • Nike VRS 3 Hybrid 21°
    • Yes Robin Putter

Blackballed

I had a lesson on the course today. I opted to do a few holes rather than on the range. My biggest problem is topping the ball, and I asked the pro to try and anylise what I am doing wrong. I hit the furthest and straightest drive I have ever hit. She even said "WOW". I then hit 5 balls from the same spot on the fairway, and topped them all. She pointed out that I have a nice calm and controlled swing. It is a bit in to in, and my finishing position needs working on, otherwise she was quite confused why I kept topping the ball. On the 5th top she sussed it, and it was the oldest mistake of all, I wasn't watching the ball long enough. From that point onward I didn't top another ball, but that wasn't to say I didn't have plenty go wayward. She also taught me how to punch a ball from the rough. She improved my chipping, and gave me a few putting tips. I hope £20 well spent.

Q-School Graduate

Good effort mate.
    • Adams Tightlies 16°
    • Nike VRS 3 Hybrid 21°
    • Yes Robin Putter