Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Re: I had a lesson today and... (rolling thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko_G View Post
    Maybe leave you to broach that subject and you can fill me in!

I'm starting to see HUGE positives in my golf.
    Good, he will be pleased to hear that. I tend to just email videos to him, apparently that is easiest for him, he can then transfer your video in to his software. Have a look and get back to you.
    When are you back up to see him ?
    Where I play
    https://www.gaileslinks.co.uk/

2015 Handicap 17.9 - 16.0
    2016 Handicap 16.1 - 18.0

WITB

Taylormade Rocketballz stage 2 driver.
    3 - pw Titleist 714 - AP 1s
    48,52,58 Vokeys.
    Daddy Long Legs putter.

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    In case it escaped your attention, there were no replies at all yesterday as I was in work and then out for the evening. Sorry my social diary couldn't synch with your need for a response. No idea why you'd want to drag my youtube activities into this as it's no bearing on the conversations going on here. Just another cheap shot but hey ho

That video is 8 years old and a lot has changed physically and in terms of tuition. Not even sure who I was being coached by that far back. It probably is a better swing but where my swing/game is now isn't something I feel comfy trying to replicate or would know where to start.

As I've said before, I have a clear plan of attack for the winter. I asked a question of Bob as my interest was piqued by his post but I'm comfy with what I'm working on, have some key points and targets to work on and towards and have seen fleeting moments on the course of where it could take me. I'll carry on as before with my plan, see Paul Foston in the new year and crack on. And that, for the imminent future is all I have to say. Back to working on what I was shown at the London Club, trying hard to work on a shorter swing and better wrist position. If/when I have some progress to share I'll make sure you know accordingly

Its rare your are not on here every day so I was just wondering why you never responded to Garys post who was only trying to help.

If you post on social media either on here or your blog or u- tube channel which you ask for responses and comments it would be nice if you respond, I can understand you not wanting more comments from some on here and wanting to concentrate on your latest lesson but maybe you shouldn't be so curt with some as you were with DFShow.

I have watched your u- tube channel and found some of it interesting like your chipping challenge and will follow with interest to see if you can improve , I apologise if you thought I was having a cheap shot and wish you well in your quest for single figures.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    In case it escaped your attention, there were no replies at all yesterday as I was in work and then out for the evening. Sorry my social diary couldn't synch with your need for a response. No idea why you'd want to drag my youtube activities into this as it's no bearing on the conversations going on here. Just another cheap shot but hey ho

I posted the video on the 6th hoping to hear what your thoughts are on that so don't be biting rlburnside's head for wondering why you haven't commented on it. The tone of this post directed at him was rather rude.

That video is 8 years old and a lot has changed physically and in terms of tuition. Not even sure who I was being coached by that far back. It probably is a better swing but where my swing/game is now isn't something I feel comfy trying to replicate or would know where to start.

This part here is worrying. That swing you were doing is exactly the backswing Paul foston wants you to do. Its a simple backswing without too many glaring faults. Fostin isn't trying to get you to swing in any special way. That video, of you swinging should be the model you are looking to achieve this winter. Why not send that to Fostin and see what he thinks?

As I've said before, I have a clear plan of attack for the winter. I asked a question of Bob as my interest was piqued by his post but I'm comfy with what I'm working on, have some key points and targets to work on and towards and have seen fleeting moments on the course of where it could take me. I'll carry on as before with my plan, see Paul Foston in the new year and crack on. And that, for the imminent future is all I have to say. Back to working on what I was shown at the London Club, trying hard to work on a shorter swing and better wrist position. If/when I have some progress to share I'll make sure you know accordingly
    I am also not sure if you know how you are going to shorten the swing. Fostin tried many ways during the lesson and you still kept doing it. You are going to need ideas on how to do it. Just simply thinking about it won't work for you as you have seen. I could give you a few things to look which would help you but you probably aren't interested.

No one is playing a game of 'have a pop at homer'. Ive enjoyed watching the content you put on YouTube and just want to see you improve. Nothing more. Especially when the mistakes I see are so easily rectified.

I would be willing to have a chat with you over Skype some time and show you how to shorten that swing. No problem.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*
    Titleist 913 F 16* 4 wood
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Mizuno Fli Hi JPX (2012) 6 & 7 (or ap2 6&7 iron)
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce
    Titleist sm5 k grind 60* 11*bounce
    Lee Trevino Napa style putter
    handicap updated to --(2017)8.2---8.4---8.2---8.0---7.8--

Challenge Tour Pro

Martin, get your wife to hold a stick just above your ideal backswing position

Everytime you overswing and hit the stick she can give you a clout with it

If that doesn't work at least she may enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by shortgame View Post
    Martin, get your wife to hold a stick just above your ideal backswing position

Everytime you overswing and hit the stick she can give you a clout with it

If that doesn't work at least she may enjoy it
    Fostin tried that in the lesson. He just kept hitting it. She will be a widow if they attempt that.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by garyinderry View Post
    Fostin tried that in the lesson. He just kept hitting it. She will be a widow if they attempt that.
    Maybe an electric cattle prod then 🐮

Martin, please take this in the good spirit it is meant - would love to see you 'crack it' 👍

Quote Originally Posted by shortgame View Post
    Maybe an electric cattle prod then ��

Martin, please take this in the good spirit it is meant - would love to see you 'crack it' ��
    Sure it would be easier and less painful to put a head cover under his armpit.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce