Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
    Challenge Tour Pro

Re: I had a lesson today and... (rolling thread)

Quote Originally Posted by AMcC View Post

Had a lesson on Tuesday, been working on bumping the hips to the left and head going back as right elbow also comes in to the side

Im a 17h/c and yours is a far better swing than mine I'm no expert but with that swing you should be able to get a lot lower.

Mind you you are a lot younger than me ,is it a case you can't get out to play as much as you would like ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rlburnside View Post
    Im a 17h/c and yours is a far better swing than mine I'm no expert but with that swing you should be able to get a lot lower.

Mind you you are a lot younger than me ,is it a case you can't get out to play as much as you would like ?
    Thanks, especially about the age bit.
    I can seem to hit the ball very well in spells, then it disappears. Also my short game is suspect, although we did spend time on pitching on Monday and the last lesson. That is coming together quite well, just need to keep plugging away at it. I have all winter, so hopefully come flying out the traps when the season starts again next year.
    Where I play
    https://www.gaileslinks.co.uk/

2015 Handicap 17.9 - 16.0
    2016 Handicap 16.1 - 18.0

WITB

Taylormade Rocketballz stage 2 driver.
    3 - pw Titleist 714 - AP 1s
    48,52,58 Vokeys.
    Daddy Long Legs putter.

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by garyinderry View Post
    perplexed? you and me both buddy.

Homer what is your thoughts on this? can you see the better take away in this and also a much shorter swing. The tempo also looks fantastic too.

If you had of swung like this in front of Paul Foston, I am sure he would have kissed you.

No thoughts or reply then.

For someone trying to encourage people to subscribe to his you tube channel and blog and asking for feedback you would of thought he would at least reply to some on here that are only trying to help and encourage.

Major Champion

Had a lesson on Tuesday, been working on bumping the hips to the left and head going back as right elbow also comes in to the side
    why are you deliberately moving head back ? I was always taught that the head should be as still as possible on the backswing.

Is head moving a new swing idea ?
    www.blackmoorgolf.co.uk

Handicap 11.5

Cooden Beach Centenary Fourball Betterball champion with Smiffy.

Quote Originally Posted by richart View Post
    why are you deliberately moving head back ? I was always taught that the head should be as still as possible on the backswing.

Looks to me that's its just a feeling. His head isn't actually falling way back. he may have been getting well ahead of it previously.

Just a thought. Could be well off.
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*
    Titleist 913 F 16* 4 wood
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Mizuno Fli Hi JPX (2012) 6 & 7 (or ap2 6&7 iron)
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce
    Titleist sm5 k grind 60* 11*bounce
    Lee Trevino Napa style putter
    handicap updated to --(2017)8.2---8.4---8.2---8.0---7.8--

Quote Originally Posted by richart View Post

I have only noticed this on recent videos, I think I am only turning it a bit and have been trying to get away from doing this. Have tried watching the back of the ball with my right eye, will see if this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by garyinderry View Post
    Looks to me that's its just a feeling. His head isn't actually falling way back. he may have been getting well ahead of it previously.

Just a thought. Could be well off.
    I did have issues with direction of travel of my head and the swing is miles better than it was. At start of downswing I was trying to get on left side but this meant my head was going forward as well, instead of dropping in behind the starting position.
    Where I play

WITB

48,52,58 Vokeys.
    Daddy Long Legs putter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rlburnside View Post
    No thoughts or reply then.

For someone trying to encourage people to subscribe to his you tube channel and blog and asking for feedback you would of thought he would at least reply to some on here that are only trying to help and encourage.
    In case it escaped your attention, there were no replies at all yesterday as I was in work and then out for the evening. Sorry my social diary couldn't synch with your need for a response. No idea why you'd want to drag my youtube activities into this as it's no bearing on the conversations going on here. Just another cheap shot but hey ho

That video is 8 years old and a lot has changed physically and in terms of tuition. Not even sure who I was being coached by that far back. It probably is a better swing but where my swing/game is now isn't something I feel comfy trying to replicate or would know where to start.

As I've said before, I have a clear plan of attack for the winter. I asked a question of Bob as my interest was piqued by his post but I'm comfy with what I'm working on, have some key points and targets to work on and towards and have seen fleeting moments on the course of where it could take me. I'll carry on as before with my plan, see Paul Foston in the new year and crack on. And that, for the imminent future is all I have to say. Back to working on what I was shown at the London Club, trying hard to work on a shorter swing and better wrist position. If/when I have some progress to share I'll make sure you know accordingly

Had a really good practice session last night - putting my drills and work into practice from my last lesson. Recorded a few clips and took some screenshots which I sent over to my coach using the Edulfi app. Anyone else use it with their coaches? It's brilliant. Uploaded the screenshot of my stance, uploaded to my coaching space and got feedback from my coach within a couple of hours!
    @DanManley2501 on Twitter

Taylormade M1
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons 4-SW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52* Wedge
    Callaway MD3 58* Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
    Bushnell V4 Slope

Handicap: 14.0

Lancaster GC

Quote Originally Posted by Dan2501 View Post
    Had a really good practice session last night - putting my drills and work into practice from my last lesson. Recorded a few clips and took some screenshots which I sent over to my coach using the Edulfi app. Anyone else use it with their coaches? It's brilliant. Uploaded the screenshot of my stance, uploaded to my coaching space and got feedback from my coach within a couple of hours!
    Not used it yet, but will certainly look at it. I think the ability to video between lessons and send it to them is absolutely massive when going for lessons and making changes
    Where I play

WITB

48,52,58 Vokeys.
    Daddy Long Legs putter.

Tour Rookie

Not used it yet, but will certainly look at it. I think the ability to video between lessons and send it to them is absolutely massive when going for lessons and making changes
    Maybe leave you to broach that subject and you can fill me in!

I'm starting to see HUGE positives in my golf.
    Paul Lawrie - The King of Scottish Golf