Page 239 of 240 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240 LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 2399
    Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Re: Trump - What the Hell is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by ColchesterFC View Post
    So we do nothing then and allow North Korea to develop weapons that might threaten the whole planet? And what happens when they have achieved their aims?

Are you sufficiently content in your logic that you will accept the deaths of many hundreds of thousands of Japanese citizens because Kim Jong Un has decided to test fire one of his new missiles and it goes wrong. Or the deaths of hundreds of thousands of US citizens when he gets a missile with a range to hit a major US city?

I think that Trump has achieved exactly what he wants to with this row about NFL players. It's a distraction from what is happening in the US. There haven't been any headlines about repealing Obamacare, the wall between the US and Mexico or any of his other policies as everything is focused on NFL players.
    You are assuming in this that the missiles that NK test fires have a live nuclear warhead?
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

Also I note that the advocates of 'do something militarily NOW' are accepting the certain death of many thousands of people, whilst those who advocate trying to get and keep NK on board talks of some sort are accepting the possible death of many thousands of people at some point in the future due to some misunderstanding or other combination of circumstances. I know which side of that I must sit.

I am still not sure why NK would choose to self-destruct for the sake of it and without good reason.

Job done

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SwingsitlikeHogan View Post
    You are assuming in this that the missiles that NK test fires have a live nuclear warhead?
    Not necessarily, at least not initially. I'm assuming that Japan (and almost certainly the US - can't see Trump standing by if one of their allies got hit) would respond with force if NK dropped a missile on them and that could lead to further NK missiles being launched, potentially, with nuclear warheads.

In a perfect world, having seen the aftermath of a nuclear strike, the plans/formula should've been lost to everyone bar none but unfortunately this is far from a perfect world... Since WW2 every tin-pot dictator has lusted after having nuclear capability in their armoury with Kim Jong-un being the latest and probably the worst of the lot...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Tour Winner

Also I note that the advocates of 'do something militarily NOW' are accepting the certain death of many thousands of people, whilst those who advocate trying to get and keep NK on board talks of some sort are accepting the possible death of many thousands of people at some point in the future due to some misunderstanding or other combination of circumstances. I know which side of that I must sit.
    Why "certain" death of many thousands of people? I haven't seen anyone suggest that we carpet bomb NK or nuke Pyongyang. What about targeted tactical military strikes whether that is aimed at their nuclear facilities or a guided missile put through Kim Jong Un's lettbox, or both? There are many options short of going nuclear. I've no idea how many missile launch sites NK have but it can't be beyond the realms of possibility to be able to launch a coordinated strike that would disable almost all of them in one go.

Quote Originally Posted by ColchesterFC View Post
    Why "certain" death of many thousands of people? I haven't seen anyone suggest that we carpet bomb NK or nuke Pyongyang. What about targeted tactical military strikes whether that is aimed at their nuclear facilities or a guided missile put through Kim Jong Un's lettbox, or both? There are many options short of going nuclear. I've no idea how many missile launch sites NK have but it can't be beyond the realms of possibility to be able to launch a coordinated strike that would disable almost all of them in one go.
    Trump's (mainly highly laudable imo) speech to the UN mentioned 'totally destroying NK' - along with stating the threat NK imposes in the first place!

An excellent response to NK's threat from China here too! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-41431057
    Adams Speedline 9.5* Tech Rul 54 S
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 13.5* Matrix Red Tie 70R
    Adams XTD TI 15* set to 16.5* Matrix Red Tie 70S
    Adams XTD TI 20* at 21* Matrix Red Tie S
    Adams XTD TI 23* at 24* Matrix Red Tie S
    Titleist 913 27* Diamana Kuro Kage S
    McGregor PCB Tour 6-PW S300
    Cleveland 588 Forged 52, 58
    Seemore Si1 33" or Bettinardi Baby Bee CS 33"

Ia Ora Te Natura
    E Mea Arofa Teie Ao Nei

So much jaw-dropping madness emanating from Trump and his tweets over the last week or so that belief is truly beggared (just have a look at the twitter exchange between Trump and the senior Republican Bob Corker if you are not aware). And then add in the Iran treaty; UNESCO; the Paris Accord; North Korea; Obama care; Bombardier Trade Tariffs; tax reform shambles.; attacking and undermining the basic precepts of Amendment 1 of the American constitution; and so Amendment 25 being talked of more openly.

But all that aside - Trump and Weinstein - compare and contrast. Two identical peas from the same sex pest pod - both close to or at the summit of their respective professions/businesses. Both alpha males. One - we call out as obnoxious and disgusting and possibly being charged for sex offenses and heading for a custodial sentence. The other - we fete and seek to honour with a state visit - and our government politicians and Faragists shower with praise and kow-tow to as we look for crumbs from his trading table - and to join NAFTA - that trading body that Trump wants to get the US out of.

I just don't get it.
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 13-Oct-2017 at 09:27.

Job done

Blackballed

I am still not sure why NK would choose to self-destruct for the sake of it and without good reason.
    It has been said that NK want to self destruct to get sympathy from other nations because as nobody will trade with them the country is really struggling with poverty etc,a very different picture that NK portray's to the rest of the world.

Well Mr President...what the hell is going on in Niger? Why did 4 green berets get killed out there on 4th October and why won't you talk about it - you won't even make the statement provided for you on the 5th October.

Why instead of answering anything about Niger since then, you most recently tried to divert attention by dissing Obama and other previous Presidents reaction to military deaths overseas. Indeed to the horror and disgust of many you have denied what relatives of one of the deceased have reported you to have said 'well he knew what he signed up for'. Nice guy. And not content with that you call them liars, the loved ones of men who have died for the country you profess to love - you call liars. You say that you have proof that they are liars - and yet we will not see anything of that proof. Good God, your madness is truly beyond the pale - and yet we will come crawling to you if - God forbid - we actually go through with our own insanity.

So - Trump - What the Hell is going on?

Job done

Head Pro

The troups are usually behind the gop, but I am not sure anyone want their loved ones to receive that call from that guy if it comes to that.