Page 388 of 397 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 3961

Re: Random irritations of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Your last sentence is totally wrong. If people dodge tax then the money has to be raised from those who do pay. The big companies who dodge it should be nailed as should the tradesmen doing cash in hand. One is no better than the other. Going to a cashless society will help with the latter.
    It's correct.

A cashless society?? Are you mad fam

You'd have to rely on banks and their security system. No ta.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSteve View Post
    In comparison to using plastic, writing a cheque or bank transfer... Yes...

As a PAYE man it's been over 30 years since I've been paid in 'real' money...
    But it's ok if you're saving money or getting something out of it though?

Attitudes like this is why this country is the way it is. Me me me....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post

In 20 yrs of going out drinking I've never had any issues with anyone trying to mug me. I take enough cash out and always have an emergency £20 note stashed away for kebab and chips!!

40+ years for me... But, when a mate gets 8 inches of steel shoved in him when he refused to give up his 300 quid wristwatch has made me view the world a lot different...

Back in the day, our friendly chippie would sub us our late night supper and we'd happily pay him next daytime visit... Different times then though...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

But it's ok if you're saving money or getting something out of it though?

Attitudes like this is why this country is the way it is. Me me me....
    It's a two way thing...

You scratch my back I'll scratch yours...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

I always tip in Liverpool, never outside though too many people who take the price of a drink. Ten bob is sufficient unless it's a big round then I'm happy to tip a quid. I think it's an age thing, I was brought up saying "take your own " when getting the ale in but the Judy serving would only ever take 20p and not a penny more.

Paying with cards in busy pubs is annoying,not all pubs are like the Wetherspoon where they have multiple terminals. Bartenders end up waiting on thier colleague to finish with the terminal whilst people are waiting to get served.

I don't have contactless and I don't want it.
    My Folks were in York and made the mistake of saying take one for yourself and the took £5 off a round of 4 drinks! My old man passed the change to my mum who noticed and went back to the bar where the spotty bartender Called for the manager who claimed that was the going rate for 'tourists' ! She took my t back and left a quid...

'One for yourself' is a dying tradition!

Quote Originally Posted by Karl102 View Post
    My Folks were in York and made the mistake of saying take one for yourself and the took £5 off a round of 4 drinks! My old man passed the change to my mum who noticed and went back to the bar where the spotty bartender Called for the manager who claimed that was the going rate for 'tourists' ! She took my t back and left a quid...

'One for yourself' is a dying tradition!
    This is exactly why I don't say it outside of Liverpool.

American football.....
    Not the game, it can be quite entertaining.
    It's the terminology
    It ain't Football
    They rarely use their feet - a dozen kicks per game at most?
    They don't have to "Touchdown" just cross the line....
    Why are they called what they're called..?
    Epic 10°
    Fusion 3w 15°
    Big Bertha 5w 19°
    Big Bertha 4h 22°
    CF 16 5-PW
    Apex GW
    MD2 54/14 , 58/14c
    ProType 2-Ball

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyface View Post

Look. Do not worry about what you put in which bin. The bin men don't check, well not round our way, time is too precious, it's job and knock. Most are finished for the day by 1pm! And looking at what is in the rubbish at where it is tipped, where I work and am looking at it now, glass, plastic,metal all recyclable/green waste the lot. No one cares. Just chuck anything in any bin. Just don't over fill the bin. It the lid is up, they leave it.

You're welcome.
    Seems to completely defeat the point of recycling if you are just chucking anything in any bin.

The only thing I am concerned about is making sure we don't attract maggots or anything else.
    I discuss forum threads, therefore I am

We have been on wheelie bins for years, 2 week collections as well. Never seen a maggot in a bin. The lid is close, how do the maggots get in? I get it if they are loose bin bags on the floor, animals tear the bags etc but we are talking about solid plastic containers with food waste in bags inside. Maybe it is too cold for maggots up here within the two week cycle but they have genuinely not been an issue.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Cobra Baffler 5w, Nike Covert Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Money List Winner FairwayDodger's Avatar

When you're running late for work so jump on a bus and manage to get a peaceful top deck almost to yourself....

Until 30-odd kids pile on on a school trip and occupy the rest of the deck all round you, chattering away. I felt like I was back in primary school!

Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Handicap: 2.4

There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!