Page 381 of 460 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 4591

Re: Random irritations of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Are there not speed cameras along that stretch? I would be amazed if there were not. Big revenue maker for the council along there.
    Nope, very occasionally you get a mobile van on the North bound carriageway bottom of Bowes Incline under the bridge, and again on the north bound side just before the bridge in front of the Swallwell turn off. Never seen one on the southbound side though.

There were average speed check cameras in place when the road works were happening, but they got removed on the works completion.

In fact I've seen more cars getting stopped for breaking the 30mph limit around the Metrocentre itself than on the A1 that goes past it.
    H4H - HC Challenge

Khamelion 20.3 -> 20 (19.5)

Bazzatron 20 -> ???

Scan_20170906.jpg The council think i have space keep 4 of these wheelie bins , really. I stay in a small Cul De Sac that has 30 houses with at least 2 cars per house. Now we're going to have about 120 bins cluttering up the place.:
    Last edited by williamalex1; 06-Sep-2017 at 16:18.
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5

Are there not speed cameras along that stretch? I would be amazed if there were not. Big revenue maker for the council along there.
    Revenue from speed cameras goes directly to the Government, not to the council. Speed cameras are a direct cost to the council.

I thank my speed awareness course for this piece of knowledge.
    I discuss forum threads, therefore I am

Well I ain't had a ticket yet #vrooom
    2016 handicap 15.16.15.14.15.14.132017 handicap 13.12.13.12 https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martyn-vaughan3

Quote Originally Posted by williamalex1 View Post
    Scan_20170906.jpg The council think i have space keep 4 of these wheelie bins , really. I stay in a small Cul De Sac that has 30 houses with at least 2 cars per house. Now we're going to have about 120 bins cluttering up the place.:
    Every 3 weeks collection!??!! Prepare for maggots! We get them in our bin and that a 2 weekly collection. Cant get rid of the buggers and we bag everything!
    Owner of golf clubs, dusty golf clubs...

Talks a lot of sense on twitter @scottroots

Quote Originally Posted by williamalex1 View Post
    I would recommend not putting any wet food in the brown bin. The bin will stink and you will attract vermin.

Head Pro

Receiving a DPD text saying we haven't had your parcel 😕 new phone in limbo 😖
    Handicap 2015: Restarted August :-) 3 cards 12.0
    2016: 12.0 > 8.1
    2017: 8.1 > 5.9 (winter series still to play #qualifyers)

[QUOTE=londonlewis;1744402]I would recommend not putting any wet food in the brown bin. The bin will stink and you will attract vermin.[/QUOTE
    They do supply us with a smaller household bin and degradable liners to put the food waste in first, before putting it in the big bin.
    But as you say it will eventually attract vermin.
    I just wonder how long it will take for the Crows, Magpies and foxes to discover there's food in the bins and then how to open them.
    Last edited by williamalex1; 07-Sep-2017 at 12:37.
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5

[QUOTE=williamalex1;1744516]
    Quote Originally Posted by londonlewis View Post
    I would recommend not putting any wet food in the brown bin. The bin will stink and you will attract vermin.[/QUOTE
    They do supply us with a smaller household bin and degradable liners to put the food waste in first, before putting it in the big bin.
    But as you say it will eventually attract vermin.
    I just wonder how long it will take for the Crows, Magpies and foxes to discover there's food in the bins and then how to open them.
    you're lucky. We aren't allowed to put degradable liners in ours. Apparently we can wrap stuff up in newspaper, which we have decided we won't do.

Tour Winner

The Specsavers advert where a guy has asked for "supplies" over the radio and a clown turns up and shouts "surprise". Then it says "Should have gone to Specsavers". How is not being able to hear properly going to be fixed by getting a new pair of glasses?