Page 412 of 495 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422462 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 4947
  1. #4111
    Tour Winner
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,266

    Re: Random irritations of the day.

    Quote Originally Posted by bobmac View Post
    For free
    My bad
    Ahead of
    A good read
    A new build
    A new install
    Sale ends Friday
    Any one no were I can get......
    Chest of draws

    And many more
    I hate "Sale must end on Friday". No, it doesn't have to. That's the arbitrary date that you have chosen for it to end. It doesn't have to end on Friday. It could go on until Sunday or the middle of next month but you've picked that particular end date.

  2. #4112
    Money List Winner williamalex1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    uddingston
    Posts
    7,517

    Re: Random irritations of the day.

    Scam phone calls
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5

  3. #4113

    Re: Random irritations of the day.

    Having an impossible chip shot off the 17th green at Camberley Heath and one of your playing partners (and fellow forumers) have a go at the shot and promptly chip it straight into the hole. Flukey git

  4. #4114
    Tour Winner MegaSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ruislip
    Posts
    4,740

    Re: Random irritations of the day.

    Quote Originally Posted by ColchesterFC View Post
    I hate "Sale must end on Friday". No, it doesn't have to. That's the arbitrary date that you have chosen for it to end. It doesn't have to end on Friday. It could go on until Sunday or the middle of next month but you've picked that particular end date.
    The sales at Dreams [beds] always end of a Tuesday but the signs [permanently there seemingly] are never specific to which Tuesday...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

  5. #4115

    Re: Random irritations of the day.

    Road signs - saw one the other day "Heavy plant crossing" - I waited for ages and I never saw a triffid go across the road.

  6. #4116
    Grand Slam Winner Imurg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aylesbury Bucks
    Posts
    22,745

    Re: Random irritations of the day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pathetic Shark View Post
    Road signs - saw one the other day "Heavy plant crossing" - I waited for ages and I never saw a triffid go across the road.
    Maybe you didn't notice that singer bloke from Led Zeppelin shuffling around the place..😂
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

    Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

    You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

  7. #4117
    Money List Winner Lord Tyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    8,132

    Re: Random irritations of the day.

    Just to cheer people up, I came up behind a group of cyclists this morning, about 12 of them, lycra'd up, looking like a corporate charity event. Two abreast, country lane, I thought of this thread. No chance of over taking so I held back behind them. One of the riders looked behind them and saw me and then slowly they moved into single file. I was still not comfortable over taking them with the rules regarding space to give them, country lane remember, but then a couple of the riders waved me through. I went wide, over took, gave them a thumbs up and a wave.

    No irritation, just a good news story about motorists and cyclists working in harmony . Will this thread now self combust?
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

  8. #4118
    Tour Winner Norrin Radd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sunny Sussex
    Posts
    2,701

    Re: Random irritations of the day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    Just to cheer people up, I came up behind a group of cyclists this morning, about 12 of them, lycra'd up, looking like a corporate charity event. Two abreast, country lane, I thought of this thread. No chance of over taking so I held back behind them. One of the riders looked behind them and saw me and then slowly they moved into single file. I was still not comfortable over taking them with the rules regarding space to give them, country lane remember, but then a couple of the riders waved me through. I went wide, over took, gave them a thumbs up and a wave.

    No irritation, just a good news story about motorists and cyclists working in harmony . Will this thread now self combust?

    BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    I call foul on this post as it is in the realms of fantasy and cant possibly be a true to life event
    common sense is so rare it should be classed as a super power.

  9. #4119
    Money List Winner Lord Tyrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northumberland
    Posts
    8,132

    Re: Random irritations of the day.

    It shocked me I can tell you
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Radius Classic No. 7 Putter

  10. #4120
    Tour Winner cookelad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wroclaw, Poland
    Posts
    3,095

    Re: Random irritations of the day.

    Reading the “End of Season Courses” thread and realising that I’ve only played 4 courses away from home all year in the UK I’ve played more abroad in 2 weeks than I have the other however many weeks I’ve been stuck in Little Britain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

LAAC day 3 report: Alvaro Ortiz leads by one

Alvaro Ortiz of Mexico leads the Latin America Amateur Championship in Santiago, Chile by one shot from a group of four players including the defending champion Toto Gana and the World’s Number 1 amateur Joaquin Niemann, both from Chile.

January 22, 2018

Titleist Vokey SM7 Wedge Review

The new Titleist Vokey SM7 wedge represents the latest addition to the successful Vokey range. Does the performance match the premium price-tag? Our test team put the new Titleist Vokey SM7 wedge through its' paces

January 22, 2018

Jon Rahm wins CareerBuilder Challenge after playoff

Jon Rahm wins the CareerBuilder Challenge after a playoff with American Andrew Landry

January 22, 2018

LAAC day two: Jaime Lopez Rivarola leads by one

Jaime Lopez Rivarola of Argentina leads the fourth Latin America Amateur championship at the halfway stage after a second round 68 at the Prince of Wales CC in Santiago, Chile.

January 21, 2018

Tommy Fleetwood wins Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship

Tommy Fleetwood wins the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship, successfully defending the title he won 12 months ago

January 21, 2018