Page 353 of 400 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355363 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 3991

Re: Random irritations of the day.

Lying Taxi drivers.

My mate left his clubs and holdall in the boot of a private hire taxi on Friday night early hours Saturday morning after we'd played in a charity golf day on friday, once he'd realised he called the taxi company and apparently the clubs and his holdall wasn't in the boot.

I know for a fact they were put in there because I put both mine and his sets and holdalls in. He dropped me off enroute to his and when I got my gear out I said to him don't forget your clubs. He did.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Lying Taxi drivers.

My mate left his clubs and holdall in the boot of a private hire taxi on Friday night early hours Saturday morning after we'd played in a charity golf day on friday, once he'd realised he called the taxi company and apparently the clubs and his holdall wasn't in the boot.

I know for a fact they were put in there because I put both mine and his sets and holdalls in. He dropped me off enroute to his and when I got my gear out I said to him don't forget your clubs. He did.
    I had the same thing with a decent camera some years back when I put it on the floor by my feet.
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Lying Taxi drivers.

That's disgusting, was it a local cab ???? I'd be speaking to the owner of the company and spreading the word about his driver.
    H/cap 6.7,

Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    They go with "nothing worse/better than".......I bet there is!
    I usually say (see what I did there) , "I think there might be".
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

Quote Originally Posted by murphthemog View Post
    Double handed back hands. Especially from men. Gruesome shot. Pathetic.
    This will because they've been playing since they were very young and it's natural when little to use both hands on a back hand. Once the shot is learnt, and powerfully effective, it will be hard to unlearn.
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyface View Post
    This will because they've been playing since they were very young and it's natural when little to use both hands on a back hand. Once the shot is learnt, and powerfully effective, it will be hard to unlearn.
    Quite right.

I started tennis in my 30's and no way could I hit with 2 hands!
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

The back hand is taught two handed to kids now. It is how they are coached.

Back to Stu - surely you should report this to the police. Report to the cab company but tell them you will be speaking to the police. Two witnesses saw what happened.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Poorly designed yellow box junctions. Yes they serve a purpose, and yes, you shouldnt stop in them. But sometimes, due to poor design, and north london traffic, there isnt much option. At least its non endorsable.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd View Post
    Quite right.

I started tennis in my 30's and no way could I hit with 2 hands!
    Were those the days when you played in long trousers and wearing a tie and your hero was Bunny Austin?

Obviously the weather today, it's pishing it down, but, more so, when you change your day to play in your club's A-team and the opposition cry off on the day, seriously, a club can't pull together 12 or at worse 10 players to represent their club?

OK I accept we've been struggling, otherwise I wouldn't be in my A-team but there are plenty like me who like playing in these social but competitive comps that allow you play at courses all around the area for less than our county card prices and with a 2-course meal thrown in also, oh and getting your beer & wine bought for you when playing away also so what's not to like?

We have players that represent and play in all our A-team, B-team and if like me and their old enough, the Coggs (seniors) team also. That means across 3 teams and with a membership of over 800, we can't or struggle to find 30 individual players as some of us are playing in all 3?