Page 593 of 612 FirstFirst ... 93493543583591592593594595603 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,930 of 6113

Re: Random irritations of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by bluewolf View Post
    Was just going to go down the canal then through Haigh Hall plantations today. It's my first time in a few years so I was really looking forward to it. Had to look after the kids all day instead so had a trip to the tip followed by a long walk via a couple of pubs.

Not the worst day but it should've been a cracker 😢
    Haha, pub crawl with the kids, that’s proper Skem behaviour

I’m looking to get myself a MTB and get onto the easier trails with my lad at Llandegla and Coed Y Brenin. Haven’t cycled for years though.

The Ramones, I really don’t get the cult status with this band. It’s just limp, sped up 50’s rock and roll.

The dipstick on his racing bike this morning, proper time trial bike, riding up the A1 at 8.10am on a dull morning in black cycling shorts, black top, black helmet. Cars are doing 60-70mph, joining onto the road from a slip road at around 40-50mph and this pillock was doing his best to blend in with the background of heavy leafed trees on a grey morning. It is a dangerous enough road for those wearing bright colours but black, seriously
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post
    The dipstick on his racing bike this morning, proper time trial bike, riding up the A1 at 8.10am on a dull morning in black cycling shorts, black top, black helmet. Cars are doing 60-70mph, joining onto the road from a slip road at around 40-50mph and this pillock was doing his best to blend in with the background of heavy leafed trees on a grey morning. It is a dangerous enough road for those wearing bright colours but black, seriously
    Roads are peppered with them near me this time of the year, Choosing to go over busy moorland roads in rush hour causing serious tailbacks.

What is really amusing is some of the Lycra clad Clowns wearing the Teardrop type helmets that you usually see in Velodromes etc.

Id imagine if some of these knobs played Golf they’ve have a bag of Muira Blades from the outset playing off 28.

Kids sat behind you on a plane, kicking your seat and not having a down volume control on their damned games console.....
    Forever trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tyrion View Post

Well, my lad was in his full fluorescent gear the other week...
    And, some masturbator [in a BMW] still managed to nail him...

Some folk still haven't got the message THINK BIKE!

Fortunately, for my lad, he's built to bounce so bruises only...
    And, plenty of witnesses so he'll get fully recompensed...
    On an adventure 'til dementia...

Came across a bunch of be-spandexed Bicyclists down a country lane yesterday.
    National limit, I was doing 45 and they're just ambling in the middle of the road, just around a bend, without a care in the world..
    If I'd have been doing 60, like many do along that road, there would have been casualties.
    Some bicyclists are great, many are stupid.
    The same, of course, could be said for drivers too...
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.9 at Whipsnade Park

H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

MAMIL
    Middle aged man in lycra
    Mad inventor of the www.v-easy.co.uk A knowledgeable person knows lots of stuff, a wise person keeps it to themself

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSteve View Post
    Well, my lad was in his full fluorescent gear the other week...
    And, some masturbator [in a BMW] still managed to nail him...

Some folk still haven't got the message THINK BIKE!

Fortunately, for my lad, he's built to bounce so bruises only...
    And, plenty of witnesses so he'll get fully recompensed...
    I do a lot of country lane driving so I am always ready for cyclists or runners, both are very popular. 95% are in fluorescent gear and they are obvious to spot, brilliant. The other 5% are as intelligent as the BMW pillock who hit your lad. I'm pleased he is not too badly hurt.
    Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Nike Covert 3 Wood, Nike Covert 26° Hybrid, Ping G25 23° Hybrid, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Odyssey White Hot RX No. 1 Putter

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    What is really amusing is some of the Lycra clad Clowns wearing the Teardrop type helmets that you usually see in Velodromes etc.
    Time trail helmet would save a decent rider 1 minute per 40km.. In a race, maybe. but on the road i agree! Knobber!
    Owner of golf clubs, dusty golf clubs...

Talks a lot of sense on twitter @scottroots