Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: cheapest and best energy supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in Munich View Post
    Not taking payments, not completing the transfer properly so customer paying twice, switching a neighbour's account without authority, not being able to access the account, the list goes on. Well worth a swerve looking at that, thanks williamalex1.
    But did they still get gas and leccy and was it still cheaper?

In fairness some of that does sound poor service although I think as long as you stay with on of the big 6 and rotate around them you should be ok.

With EDF on the Blue+ plan. 100 per month for dual fuel in a 4 bed detached (cavity wall and loft done). Currently in credit as well. Decent customer service as well.
    A bag full of Mizunos, a Bettinardi and hope. Lots and lots of hope..

www.pitreaviegolfclub.co.uk/

Cooperative Energy is worth a look. Owned by it's members (Users) No shareholders to pay out but they pay you a Coop Divi on what you spend, also simple tariff and no contract.
    Play it cool Trigger!

I'm with EDF on their Blue+ deal. Good UK customer service and price is pretty much at market norm.
    In the bag, Ping i25 (10.5*); G25 H:17/20/23/27*; i25 6i-UW; 54 + 58 Tour Wedge. SC Newport 2.5 Putter Minchinhampton New Course

Quote Originally Posted by SocketRocket View Post
    Cooperative Energy is worth a look. Owned by it's members (Users) No shareholders to pay out but they pay you a Coop Divi on what you spend, also simple tariff and no contract.
    I did check the co-op but the quote was 31 dearer than SSE Hyrdo my present supplier.
    handicap 15.5

That time has come again, after 2 happy years with Sainsbury's Energy . Their price promise deal has ended.
    Gas was 392 based on using 16,407kwh, now they want 709.95 for the same usage.

Electricity was 585 based on using 3,923 kwh, now they want 652 for the same usage.
    The leccy increase is not too bad,[ i might be able to recoup that playing some of my low h/c pals ]

But the gas increase is a no no.

Any thoughts guys , [ not lessons ] that can maybe save me some money and research.
    Last edited by williamalex1; 23-Aug-2017 at 18:52.
    handicap 15.5

Quote Originally Posted by williamalex1 View Post
    That time has come again, after 2 happy years with Sainsbury's Energy . My price promise has ended.
    Gas was 392 based on using 16,407kwh, now they want 709.95 for the same usage.

Electricity was 585 based on using 3,923 kwh, now they want 652 for the same usage.
    The leccy increase is not too bad,[ i might be able to recoup that playing some of my low h/c pals ]
    But the gas increase is a no no.

Any thoughts guys , that can maybe save me some research
    It's a necessary pain in the bum, but you gave to do it - I've been searching for car insurance for hid's new motor - what a pain. Noticeably that they now quote a basic price and everything is an addition!
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

Money List Winner

I'm with Eon and am happy as I can be. As someone else said they inform me of a cheaper tarrif comes out and you can switch to it for free.

They also put in a smart meter the other month which is cool, you can see exactly how much electricity each appliance uses. Also they automatically read my exact usage through the smart meter, no estimates or having to inform them.

Not read the full thread so apologies if this has been said, but look at joining the money saving expert collective energy group. I save a packet last year. Decided to go with Bulb energy this year as they were the cheapest (not part of the collective switch though) and the also provide a large portion of their electricity from renewables apparently.

Thanks Drew, Green network and Bulb energy were the top 2 using the Uswitch comparison site, with possible savings of 335 and 312 PA.

EDF came top using Go compare , possible saving 279 PA.

I'm going to call Sainsbury's [ my existing supplier ] tomorrow and see if they can come up with an improved deal, because i hate the hassle of changing again , so fingers crossed.
    handicap 15.5