Page 1 of 188 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Corbyn

Ryder Cup Winner

Jeremy Corbyn

Favourite to become the Labour leader........who would have called that one?

I knew Labour had to move to the left to become electable outwith Scotland but did not think it would happen that quickly.

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

I like him on A league of their own, Not watched his US chat show yet. will have to try and catch it. Nothing will beat Smiffy in Gavin and Stacey though..
    Owner of golf clubs, dusty golf clubs...

Talks a lot of sense on twitter @scottroots

Quote Originally Posted by Rooter View Post
    I like him on A league of their own, Not watched his US chat show yet. will have to try and catch it. Nothing will beat Smiffy in Gavin and Stacey though..
    My mrs loved gavin and stacy. Im not such a fan. It will be interesting to see how he manages running the labour party and his acting career.

Quote Originally Posted by paddyk View Post
    My mrs loved gavin and stacy. Im not such a fan. It will be interesting to see how he manages running the labour party and his acting career.
    Well with big Dave in charge of the good ship blighty surely this will allow JC ample time to juggle all commitments?
    Owner of golf clubs, dusty golf clubs...

Talks a lot of sense on twitter @scottroots

Snelly

Fingers crossed that he wins. Labour will be unelectable as a government as a result.

I think a lot of Labour supporters don't necessarily see Corbyn as the ideal sort of leader, but they want to see the version of Labour ideology he espouses represented in the debate. The other candidates are all centre or centre-right and are more like the professional slippery politician with flexible and purchasable ideology that occupies the ranks of the Toey party and which many people despise.

Shame on those in Labour who do not want this debate to happen or who want to deny what is clearly the will of a large share of the party. Shame on the other candidates who have not better recognised this crucial aspect of Labour.

As for going back to the 80s, if that is to a time when Labour does not support faking documents to start unnecessary wars which destabilised the Middle East, doesn't support stealth privatization of the NHS and punitive PFI contracts, and won't support of the City leading to an economic meltdown, then I can't wait to get back there.
    Last edited by Ethan; 24-Jul-2015 at 09:35.
    All comments are just my opinion - I haven't been elected to represent anyone!

In the bag:
    Callaway Epic 10.5, HZRDUS Black 6.0
    Callaway Epic SZ 15, HZRDUS Yellow 6.0
    Callaway Epic 3 hybrid, Recoil S
    Callaway Apex CF16, 4-P, Modus 105 S
    Vokey 50, 56, 60
    TM Spider Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Snelly View Post
    Fingers crossed that he wins. Labour will be unelectable as a government as a result.
    Wot he sez.

Labour will have returned to the days of Kinnock & Foot... we need viable opposition, irrespective of who's in govt, if only to stop the excesses of whoever is in power. Equally, a working majority to stop irritating gnats like the SNP - get it, (g)NATS... i'll get my coat.
    Give it big humpties

Labour are probably unelectable for a generation anyway, so I hope he gets elected. Will make things a little more interesting to have actual opposition.

do what i and thousands of right wing voters did,pay £3 to join labour party and you can vote on the LEADER,they made the rules now they are moaning about not getting the person they wanted and are crying foul,tough luck.

Quote Originally Posted by 6inchcup View Post
    do what i and thousands of right wing voters did,pay £3 to join labour party and you can vote on the LEADER,they made the rules now they are moaning about not getting the person they wanted and are crying foul,tough luck.
    Hahahahaha - heard this on Wednesday, sat around with a load of non-Labour voters. All bar two had joined up to vote for Corbyn - priceless!
    Give it big humpties