Page 2 of 1281 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDee View Post

Au cointraire. I could come up with many many more. I have endless enthusiasm and imagination.

Strikes me as odd though that there are some who seem to have a chronic aversion to new threads. In a forum that exists to discuss things in general then to simply regurgitate the same old same old day after day is pointless really.

But were I to subscribe to that school of thought then I'd simply not enter into comment on any particular thread that a) doesn't interest, or b) irritates me.

But then that's just me.
    Most of the people who have supplied the sarcastic replies are the reason the ignore button exists ;-)

I played 11 holes today, shot 14 over which isn't great at all, but it was wet windy and I started with a triple and a double so managed to get back on track in a way. And managed a birdie which is always nice

Tour Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by CMAC View Post
    ditto- but for a completely different reason

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDee View Post

Au cointraire. I could come up with many many more. I have endless enthusiasm and imagination.

Strikes me as odd though that there are some who seem to have a chronic aversion to new threads. In a forum that exists to discuss things in general then to simply regurgitate the same old same old day after day is pointless really.

But were I to subscribe to that school of thought then I'd simply not enter into comment on any particular thread that a) doesn't interest, or b) irritates me.

But then that's just me.
    Ah don't worry. The old guard don't like change.

Well Johnny, how do I put this........

There is nothing wrong with starting new threads but it is all about quality not quantity. You seem to think it is some kind of joke but I've had quite a few private messages from several people about the number of threads you have started and I'm sure lots of other people have too. It seems the joke is on you, you are turning yourself into the forum laughing stock.

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post

There is nothing wrong with starting new threads but it is all about quality not quantity. You seem to think it is some kind of joke but I've had quite a few private messages from several people about the number of threads you have started and I'm sure lots of other people have too. It seems the joke is on you, you are turning yourself into the forum laughing stock.
    If you don't like the thread, then I suggest not commenting....seems simple really??

How can he be a laughing stock for creating threads on a FORUM?!

Quote Originally Posted by snell View Post
    If you don't like the thread, then I suggest not commenting....seems simple really??

How can he be a laughing stock for creating threads on a FORUM?!
    Pretty simple really, he is starting pretty banal ones just for the sake of it. 45 in 3 weeks to be precise.

How very sad that others feel the need to PM about this.

New threads keep the forum interesting
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Tour Rookie

I think that's the effect JD is looking for. Still, mondays only 5 days away...........

Pretty simple really, he is starting pretty banal ones just for the sake of it. 45 in 3 weeks to be precise.
    Good on him , one man's banal is another's interest, one only has to look at the Clarkson thread.
    Handicap : 5.2

What is it with people here who try to knock those new members who just want to join in and take an active part in the forum???

There is a reason I have only 2000 posts since 2008. I don't feel the need to try and belittle new members...Its getting a tad repetitive now guys. Is this how you would treat new members at your club?

Didn't play today or haven't a game planned this weekend either.

Keep it up JD