Page 1341 of 1348 FirstFirst ... 34184112411291133113391340134113421343 ... LastLast
Results 13,401 to 13,410 of 13479

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Quote Originally Posted by richart View Post
    Have you not been allowed out on the course ?
    My ASBO has been lifted! Don't like al this wet and cold weather!

Quote Originally Posted by PNWokingham View Post
    My ASBO has been lifted! Don't like al this wet and cold weather!
    You want to be careful Paul, you're turning into Smiffy...😱
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Journeyman Pro Green Bay Hacker's Avatar

A reasonably dry week has seen our course firm up quite a bit this week but I still can't play to my handicap. Scored 26 points in the 14 hole comp but that was enough to take the money in our group.
    Mizuno JPX EZ 9.5 driver, Cobra S9.1 3 wood, TaylorMade RBZ 5 wood, Cobra Amp Cell 2-3 Hybrid, Ping G20 irons 6-PW, Titleist 52, 56 and 60 Vokey wedges, Odyssey White Hot putter.

A reasonable 33 points. Would have been better but made a mess of the last including feeding the fish in the pond with a duffed pitch at the last. Didn't score on two others including a horror OOB on the second from the middle of the fairway and a demonstration in chopping along the 14th. Didn't swing well but as I'm struggling with insomnia and only had two hours kip last night and the night before happy enough

First time on the course in over two months and played nine holes. Reasonably happy with how I played after the break (two over handicap)

Tour Rookie

I tried a new fleece /faux fur lined jacket for playing in yesterday. Took me too many holes to get used to it and I realised half way through the round that it was not really keeping the wind out. Most of which contributed to a very mediocre 30 points. At least my partner and I gelled well and we did not have to put any money in to the kitty beating our opponents by 6 points.
    Handicap 9 (was 6, now showing my age)An absolute miss mash of clubs

Out in 40 back in 41 for a new PB 81. Could have been lower with a 7 and 8 on the card. One bad three putt and some tree trouble and a lost ball contributed to the bad holes.
    In the Bag:

Ping G 9 degree Std Tour 65 stiff shaft
    Titleist 910F 15 degree Diamana Kai'li 75 mid stiff shaft
    Cobra FLY-Z plus forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 52/9 KBS Tour-V 125 (bent to 50)
    Nike VR S400 56/10
    Rife 460 Tour Blade

Handicap - 18.7

https://www.stboswellsgolfclub.co.uk/

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Winter handicap singles K/O - and I was - by a dog licence Not sure I've ever had one of them done on me before. I struggled terribly (but tried to keep smiling) as the unmentionables appeared on the 1st - my third shot of the day. And as all know - you only need to start doing it and your brain gets addled. So that on the first - plus memories of a nightmare 9 of them previous time out - that was that. Game and brain infected. Add to that my opponent being a very useful 17 handicapper - so I'm giving 9 shots...1 down after 1.

Tee shot on second snap hook as a result of my trying to sort what had happening on 1st - and giving a shot I suspected that I'd lost as I walked off the 2nd tee. At that point - though I never give up in a match - my goal for the 17holes was to limit the number of unmentionables and that could come before the result. And indeed I only did a couple more - but the damage was done. I was 5 down after 6 and as positive as I can be in difficult matchplay positions - no - I wasn't bothered about the match

No matter - worse things happen at sea - and I have an hour lesson gifted as a Christmas pressie - to be booked very soon
    Last edited by SwingsitlikeHogan; 14-Jan-2018 at 15:00.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

Top day at Fairhaven with NWJ, Greg BWFC and NWJ's mate. The best 5 handicap in Lytham was at it again in a tough breeze with a cool 3 under gross, which included a run of eagle, birdie, birdie !! Thankfully myself and NWJ's mate clawed it back for a halfed match. Happy with 1 over gross. 2 bogies, 1 birdie. Had a good few looks at birdies though!!! Good standard all round, top day, great weather, great company.
    H/cap 6.7,

Broke 80 for the first time yesterday.

Unusually good with driver off the tee, amazing how different golf is when the second shot is directed at the green!

+9 with 1 birdie, 11 pars, 3 bogies and 3 doubles for 43 points. Great front 9 (+1) and held on down the back, got a bit squeaky knowing I was on for PB and breaking 80 but all good in the end. Couple of 3 putts and didn't hold anything longer than 5ft so hopefully more to chip off next time I drive it well.