Page 1235 of 1312 FirstFirst ... 2357351135118512251233123412351236123712451285 ... LastLast
Results 12,341 to 12,350 of 13111

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Club champs scratch cup today, wasn't anywhere near competing with the really low men but still got a .4 cut. 4 awful holes during the 36 holes killed a bigger cut tho. Still happy enough tho.
    http://www.bangorgolfclubni.co.uk
    TM M2 Driver R11s 5W Cally 1 iron TM MC TP 3-pw Irons wedges and a putting thing.

Managed buffer in the medal on Saturday to make it buffer or better for the 5th round in succession.

Pretty mediocre front 9 with a lost ball of an ok drive on 7. Ball must've sunk deep in a patch of nasty long grass just of the fairway. Ran back to the (fairly elevated tee) and topped it into the gorse haha. I was out of breath and hurried, or that is my excuse. Played a little better back 9, holing some nice putts for a couple of birdies, though a lost ball treble on 12 and 2 duffed chips up the last from prime position killed any chance of a decent cut.

Very happy to have made buffer despite some real bad holes.
    Cobra ZL 9.5° driver - Motore F1 Stiff
    Cobra S3 15° 3 wood - Stiff
    Nike CPR 18° hybrid - Stiff
    Adams Idea Pro CB1 4-GW - Project X 6.0
    Vokeys 54° & 58°
    Odyssey Versa # 7
    h/c - 18.0>18.1>17.2>17.7>16.8>15.9>15.6

played with the MWF roll up today, Very windy at least 3 or 4 clubs though, tough on the front 9. back 9 was tricky putting down wind with some of the pin positions. 10 (par 5) was drive and 9 iron my PP had a tap in eagle. 12 (430 yD PAR 4) was a 3 wood and 52 deg and 18 (530 yard par 5) was drive and pw.

played ok and we had the team money,
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

First medal round for a while yesterday and made the switch to left hand low putting.

Putted like a god on the front 9 - made a couple of decent saves and had 4 putts that lipped out. Lost a ball over the fence at 8 and made double bogey and was out in 39, which is bang on h/c. Feeling really good about my game, I proceeded to 3-putt FIVE times on the back 9. Ended up with 40 putts, and missed buffer by 1.

Summer Singles semi-final tonight, in absolutely disgusting weather, and I was playing against my mate, who I partner in the doubles, and giving away 3 shots. Decided to stick with left hand low, because if I'm going to lose, then I'd at least like to lose to someone I like and someone who I'd like to see win the competition.

Rolled a decent one in to birdie the 1st. Up and down at 2, and on it went. Game was tight when the heavens opened properly on 7 and we played the next 5 holes in absolute filth. By the time we walked off 12, I couldn't feel my hands and I was 4 down. Won 13, but lost 14 to a stroke to go dormie 4 down.

Made a good par save on 15 from 4 feet, then holed a 15 footer for par to win 16 and rolled in a 25 footer for birdie on 17. Managed to win 18 after my mate bladed a chip through the green. In the end, I won on the 2nd extra hole, to get to the final again after winning it last year.

Feel bad for my mate - won't be nice thinking about losing from dormie 4s up. But really pleased with the new putting stroke. Might need a bit of bedding in but it seems to be making a difference.
    Last edited by mcbroon; 28-Aug-2017 at 20:42.
    Some clubs
    Some baws
    Hunners of broken tees
    and a Snickers that was best before Oct 2011

www.wlgc.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by mcbroon View Post
    First medal round for a while yesterday and made the switch to left hand low putting.

Putted like a god on the front 9 - made a couple of decent saves and had 4 putts that lipped out. Lost a ball over the fence at 8 and made double bogey and was out in 39, which is bang on h/c. Feeling really good about my game, I proceeded to 3-putt FIVE times on the back 9. Ended up with 40 putts, and missed buffer by 1.

Summer Singles semi-final tonight, in absolutely disgusting weather, and I was playing against my mate, who I partner in the doubles, and giving away 3 shots. Decided to stick with left hand low, because if I'm going to lose, then I'd at least like to lose to someone I like and someone who I'd like to see win the competition.

Rolled a decent one in to birdie the 1st. Up and down at 2, and on it went. Game was tight when the heavens opened properly on 7 and we played the next 5 holes in absolute filth. By the time we walked off 12, I couldn't feel my hands and I was 4 down. Won 13, but lost 14 to a stroke to go dormie 4 down.

Made a good par save on 15 from 4 feet, then holed a 15 footer for par to win 16 and rolled in a 25 footer for birdie on 17. Managed to win 18 after my mate bladed a chip through the green. In the end, I won on the 2nd extra hole, to get to the final again after winning it last year.

Feel bad for my mate - won't be nice thinking about losing from dormie 4s up. But really pleased with the new putting stroke. Might need a bit of bedding in but it seems to be making a difference.
    Had you practiced it beforehand or did you try it on the fly?
    Cobra Bio Cell 9.5º Project X PXv graphite shaft - Stiff flex.
    TM R11 Hybrid 18º, Aldila RIP Reg Shaft.
    Callaway Big Bertha 4 wood. (Go to club).
    TM R11's 4 - SW Regular steel.
    TM R11 50° Attack Wedge.
    Titleist
    Vokey Spin Milled 60º Lob Wedge.
    Scotty Cameron
    Studio Select Fastback No. 1.5.
    Loads & loads of golf balls.
    15,799 Swing thoughts. Rules book. 7 year old lucky tee peg (Broken).
    Hope............lots of hope.

Normal service resumed - 29 pts for next 0.1

Made a few bad decisions (played like an idiot at times), three putts within half an inch of dropping (hit the damned thing) so net/net should have made buffer.

On we go - might play 18 tomorrow, Thursday and big weekend comp.

At least my lad shot 1 over par and could have easily been 2 or 3 better - 4 cuts in last 4 rounds back down to 3 handicap again after a nightmare couple of weeks when he lost the plot.
    Last edited by El Diablo; 28-Aug-2017 at 21:56.

Money List Winner

i had a lovely round this afternoon on my own, I played nicely and every time I caught up with a group in front they let me through without any fuss, which was a nice change from often having to wait when playing solo
    WS DXi Superlight Driver
    WS Fybrid RS 17°
    WS Fybrid RS 23°
    WS Fybrid RS 26°
    Orka GS5 CTi irons 5-SW
    Titliest Vokey 52/8, 56/8
    Odyssey Works 2ball Fang

Handicap 2012 34>19.4, 2013>15.4, 2014>11.9, 2015>10.0, 2016<11.6, 2017>10.8

My golf blog http://louisesgolfblog.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.ellesmeregolfclub.co.uk/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Slime View Post
    Had you practiced it beforehand or did you try it on the fly?
    I tried it last year but abandoned it quickly. But in the last round of the doubles we played against a guy who putted that way and he holed some ridiculous putts. So my partner/opponent and I both went away and tried something different.

The first time I tried it out was actually between rounds of the club championship final last weekend 😂 I was rolling some lovely putts and I had a debate with myself about whether to switch for the 2nd round but decided against it, as I wasn't sure I could commit to it without having done some practise.

Went up to the practise ground during the week to give it a try. Back 9 of the medal yesterday was a bit of a trial but it's worth persevering. I'm actually getting to a point already where I feel confident over putts, which is crazy.

Feels like I put a better roll on the ball this way and I seem to be starting it on better lines. Certainly scaring the hole a lot more and holing more putts.
    Some clubs
    Some baws
    Hunners of broken tees
    and a Snickers that was best before Oct 2011

www.wlgc.co.uk

Tour Rookie

Played Beau Desert yesterday sadly only as a 3 ball(me, son and wife stepped in), early rise for a bank holiday and was first out in the morning and was millionaires golf for us. Was walking to the van to leave(after eating lunch) when next group had just reached the 18th green.

Everything was working well, driver was the club. The 12th is a crazy hole(it was a double dogleg one), thought I had over cut my tee shot and was in the trees or rough, only to walk down to find I was not really far enough right.Loved the 6 hole, what a hole to look at and use as a driving range.

Highlight of the day was the drive, then three quarter 9 wood to the 18th green, just missed the eagle putt. Scored 37 points off the whites, first time playing Beau, so was over the moon. Was let down by my playing partners and our 3 ball scored 71 points, so don't think we are in the prizes

What a lovely setting and some crazy slopes on the greens, putter was on fire but still had three 3 putts, will have to revisit.

Quote Originally Posted by drewster View Post
    My first ever set of forged clubs which are also my first ever items of Taylor Made equipment. Bought from one of the right honourable gentlemen on this forum. Not sure i've got the game for them but I'll give it a good go !!!
    USed these at the weekend and had my first buffer round after 5 x 0.1s in a row. Still not sure about yardages as i hadn't even been to the range with them before i teed it up on Sunday but they look great, swing nicely and aren't as scary as i thought they might be. Very pleasantly surprised so far !!!!
    2016: 12.7,12.4,11.8,11.6,11.7.11.8,11.8,11.4,11.5,11.5, 11.6,11.7,10.3,10.4,10.5,10.5,9.9
    2017: 9.9,10.0,10.1,10.2,10.3,10.4,9.6,9.4,9.5,9.6,9.7,9 .8,9.9.9.9,10.0,10.0