Page 1071 of 1071 FirstFirst ... 7157197110211061106910701071
Results 10,701 to 10,706 of 10706

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Played Odvan and Scouser (once of this parish), with Scouser's missus being my partner.

2 down after 10 and Scouser chirupping incessantly, throwing in all sorts of daft voices to boot.

Nic (my partner) was having a meltdown, but I told her to keep at it, as I was only level par gross. Odvan was using his shots very well. Well Nic got on the card a lot on the back 9 to see us win 3 and 2........the daft voices became a distant memory as we shook hands on the 16th.

4 over gross overall with another daft double, need to convert my winter form into qualifier form.
    £20 bet with a Fish with hibernation sickness, for the reds to finish top four.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Quaker View Post
    its in good condition for the time of year, haven't seen the greens as good for April.

did you stay dry?
    Yup got lucky, just had the wind to contend with . Consensus was if we lived around here we'd definitely be members there, can't praise it enough on so many fronts 😀
    Handicap : 5.2

Great score round that majestic track. Hope the food was up to its usual high standard afterwards
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpoolphil View Post
    Played Ashridge in our club day - went round in level gross , shame was only good enough for 4th 😢
    Club: Gog Magog GC www.gogmagog.co.uk
    Handicap 4.7 (5c)
    Driver: Cobra King F7 10.5° (Project X HZRDUS Red 65 - 6.0)
    3 Wood: Cobra King F7 14.5° (King F7 Fairway - Stiff)
    Hybrid: Callaway XHot 18° (Project X 6.0)
    Hybrid: Cobra King F7 19.5° (Project X HZRDUS Black Hybrid - 6.0)
    Irons: Cobra King Forged TEC - 5 to GW (KBS C-Taper Lite - S)
    Wedges: Cobra King Versatile - 52°, 60° (S200)
    Putter: ItsyBitsy Monza Spider
    Ball: Pro V1x

Squeezed a Lombard PGA Qualifying Medal in on Sat before heading off to Wembley in the afternoon, teeing off in the rain at 7.06 with a great lad off 7 who hit the ball miles. Both 3 over after two we came back in the sun shooting 37 & 38 respectively. Sitting on the veranda at Gog Magog with coffees in hand at 10.10 watching the guys teeing off the 1st with slightly smug looks on our face

My 38 was good enough for 4th & Colin's 37 with two blobs got him 7th. Typical Medal round, start poor & finish like a train. Shame about the result later in the day. Took the gloss off the day 1st Tee.jpgClock.jpgPutting Green.jpgScorecard.jpg
    Club: Gog Magog GC www.gogmagog.co.uk
    Handicap 4.7 (5c)
    Driver: Cobra King F7 10.5° (Project X HZRDUS Red 65 - 6.0)
    3 Wood: Cobra King F7 14.5° (King F7 Fairway - Stiff)
    Hybrid: Callaway XHot 18° (Project X 6.0)
    Hybrid: Cobra King F7 19.5° (Project X HZRDUS Black Hybrid - 6.0)
    Irons: Cobra King Forged TEC - 5 to GW (KBS C-Taper Lite - S)
    Wedges: Cobra King Versatile - 52°, 60° (S200)
    Putter: ItsyBitsy Monza Spider
    Ball: Pro V1x

Quote Originally Posted by Radbourne2010 View Post
    Great score round that majestic track. Hope the food was up to its usual high standard afterwards
    I wouldn't call it majestic anymore - lovely setting and great clubhouse and food but found the course in not the best nick , fairways were nice but greens were poor

I played in a mixed KO on Tuesday. My partner a dear old lady so desperately wanted to beat our opponents. We were 3 up after 3, they got them back, but we fought on, getting to 2 up with two to play. Then, down came the hail, we cowered under brollies and our momentum was lost. We lost it on the first extra hole. A shocking display of golf by both teams. An easy par four. I set us up with a stonking drive which my partner only had to scoot the ball on. She duffed it. They then put their third into a bunker. I under hit my safety shot 7 iron scoot along the ground, to just short, I was only 30 meters out, doh. We putted on. They chipped out. I missed the 2 meter putt but left her with a tiddler to draw the hole. She missed it. I felt so sorry for her. She'd played really well (off 36) up to the 17th hole, and when the pressure was on, she lost it. Ahh well.
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season