Page 1330 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 3308301230128013201328132913301331133213401380 ... LastLast
Results 13,291 to 13,300 of 14166
    Tour Rookie

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Last nights weather forecast was for rain and snow overnight. We certainly had rain but the snow was minimal. The roads were flooded in some places but the course info said that both courses were open at Enville, so off I went.
    Some bunkers had water in them but the greens were superb again. 37 points was pleasing on a cold , windy day.

quite cold this morning so was expecting to be on winter greens, but got to Nairn and it was fine.

had a bit of sleet as we headed down 18. hit the ball quite well again, but lost a ball down 15 which was heading for the green (only 258 yards in winter), no sign of it.

having a day off tomorrow as far to much gardening to do
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Tour Rookie

Headed out on to a brick hard course after all day/night on the drink the day before, not the best idea I've had, 4 holes, home.

Stunning day on the links today - blue skies, sunny and a bit frosty underfoot. 20mph wind was enough to keep us honest in a hard fought 4BBB for boasting rights only. Snatched victory on the 17th

Icing on the cake was when the Seccy in the clubhouse said they've just done the Annual Review and I've been dropped a shot to 9.6.... only one good round from single figures now
    North Berwick Golf Club - 2018 Handicap 9.6 ⇡ 9.7 ⇣ 9.5

Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    Stunning day on the links today - blue skies, sunny and a bit frosty underfoot. 20mph wind was enough to keep us honest in a hard fought 4BBB for boasting rights only. Snatched victory on the 17th

Icing on the cake was when the Seccy in the clubhouse said they've just done the Annual Review and I've been dropped a shot to 9.6.... only one good round from single figures now
    Good news on the cut Ian, single figure inbound

39 points was only good enough for 5th yesterday. kicked down fron 3rd on countback.

course closed today so we nipped to another local course and got on for 8quid as it only had 16 holes open. good fun and honors even in a game of chairman.

Q-School Graduate

Think yesterday was the coldest Iíve ever been on a golf course. Met office said the ďfeels like ď temperature was -5, felt more like -15.

Course was pretty much frozen up, surprised it was open. Suspect if it hadnít been the holiday period, it would have been closed.

Played rubbish, got a pathetic 22 points. Am blaming the cold, a couple of my fingertips are still numb, and itís the morning after!

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    Played with a couple of members
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    😳 I know itís christmas but ffs
    Haha.... your mind,Robin!!!
    2Blue H/cap started on 9.9... 45 Q Comps later I'm on 10.3
    http://www.leedsgolfcentre.com/

Major Champion

Stunning day out on the heathland. A lot of the course was frozen, but sunny and no wind. Just two temps. Nice little par on the last to win the match. 36 points which was not bad at all considering some strange bounces, but the new putter seems to have the same twitches as the old one. 11 greens in regulation and 38 putts.
    www.blackmoorgolf.co.uk

Handicap 11.6

Cooden Beach Centenary Fourball Betterball champion with Smiffy.

www.justgiving.com/GolfMonthlyForumHFH2018

Quote Originally Posted by rudebhoy View Post
    Think yesterday was the coldest Iíve ever been on a golf course. Met office said the ďfeels like ď temperature was -5, felt more like -15.

Course was pretty much frozen up, surprised it was open. Suspect if it hadnít been the holiday period, it would have been closed.

Played rubbish, got a pathetic 22 points. Am blaming the cold, a couple of my fingertips are still numb, and itís the morning after!
    Brave man. No way I'd have gone out in temperatures that cold. Have you the feeling back yet in the fingers?