Page 1247 of 1256 FirstFirst ... 24774711471197123712451246124712481249 ... LastLast
Results 12,461 to 12,470 of 12558

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Spring Lamb Medal final today against a handy 11hcp'er. Giving 7 shots, but that didn't matter. Played super steady to stuff him 6&5 with ease.
    Waiting on him or another guy I've beaten this year in the Tigers Knockout final. Got 2 other semis to play with 1 real tough one against another 4hcp.
    I've noticed a massive change in my mental attitude this year and it's helping no end. I use to get really angry at myself for playing poor shots. Now it just water off a ducks back. Its not something I've tried to alter either. Natural progression of my game maybe?
    HCP 2017: 3.9(4)
    Selby GC

I played the September medal and played front nine 6 over par (including an 8 on our Par 5 8th) and then did the back 9 in 1 over par to give me 77 less 12 h/c for nett 65. I also played 9 to 14 with 5 pars and a birdie. Just one of those days when everything worked.
    After winning one of finals last Sunday, it's been a good week for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Robster59 View Post
    I played the September medal and played front nine 6 over par (including an 8 on our Par 5 8th) and then did the back 9 in 1 over par to give me 77 less 12 h/c for nett 65. I also played 9 to 14 with 5 pars and a birdie. Just one of those days when everything worked.
    After winning one of finals last Sunday, it's been a good week for me.
    Slight update. Handicap drop from 11.9 to 10.7, my lowest ever! And I forgot we had a trophy for the combined best net scores over the August & September medals which I also one with 138. As I say. A good week.

.... was the usual crepe.
    Stableford, 8 points out, 16 back for 24 total.
    Comp Set- Driver-Titleist 909 D2, x3 wood-Mizuno MP001, x5 wood-Cobra S2, xHybrid-Mizuno MX700 20 deg, xx
    Irons- Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-PW, xxMizuno Tour Style 52 & Vokey 56 deg,xxPutter - Odyssey White Steel No 1
    Old School Clubs - Too many to list.
    2017 H4H H'cap Challenge vs Richart & chrisd - Start 10.8, current 12.0

Assistant Pro

Cocked the last 3 holes up for overall win 😖 #StellaPlease #WifeBeater
    Handicap 2015: Restarted August :-) 3 cards 12.0
    2016: 12.0 > 8.1
    2017: 8.1 > 7.?

Played Clitheroe in a team open today. Course was a tad moist, but in general, there were as many dry spells as squalls. I thought we got away with the weather as the forecast was a lot worse when I checked last night and this morning. I love the course but never play really well around it. Eight pars, a birdie 2 (got 4 prov's) , a couple of doubles and lots of bogies. We finished with 77 which is outside the prizes. 82 was leading when we left.
    H/cap 6.7,

Turned up at Sandmoor in Leeds with Stu, hit a great drive down 1 then preceded to have the rest of the afternoon off the bleeding game infuriates!

weather wasn't too great and got a bit wet but, well worth it too see the course. My ideal place to play golf. They are a bit spoilt them Yorkies in that area.

We got to see them pxg's in the flesh as one of our oppos had them. Unfortunately not for long as he wasn't keen in showing them off. Still, a decent pair of fellas to spend 4.5hrs hacking round a lovely course with
    H'cap 14.8

Me and Davemac played today at Sand Moor GC in Leeds in a pairs open.

Played pretty well on the whole and we were doing ok until the torrential rain came around the 12th then the wheels fell off. Ended up with 38pts only 6 off winning it. 21 pts out and 17pts in. Lovely course in cracking nick.

Saturday was my birthday, we went down to Richings Park for a friendly round (never played there before). It took us forever to get round, as we were a four ball and our tee time was immediately before a whole bunch of single matchplays so we literally had to let all of them play through - eventually stopping for a pint after the 9th to allow the last couple of groups past. Overall I played pretty poorly, especially on the front nine - finished on a very disappointing 100. Back nine was decent actually but a 9 on the par 5 17th ruined it.

The only real plus was that my new 5 wood (first outing) was probably the best club in the bag, so that was encouraging at least. It's a nice enough course, quite tricky in parts with plenty of water on the back nine. We had a couple of downpours as well which dampened proceedings. Still a good day though with good company.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Callaway Supersoft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9

End of year "Masters" yesterday for competition winners only in the qualifying period (October until the last comp before the event) and first time in three years I'd made it into the event. Medal and had a miserable net 84 (+14) in the morning when I was totally rubbish. Out in the afternoon, in very, very strong winds (a twenty yard pitch blown ten yards offline!!!). Swinging the club terribly and lost what distance I use to have so clearly something wrong in my game but came back in the much harder conditions in a net 76. With CSS up at 73 that was buffer.

Worried about my game for H4H but having a quick lesson tomorrow and hoping it's a simple fix. I have a few set up issues that tend to come back again and again and hoping it'll be that and not anything more drastic. Out on the course from the lesson for 9 holes to play with the changes