Page 1246 of 1311 FirstFirst ... 2467461146119612361244124512461247124812561296 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,460 of 13106

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Quote Originally Posted by davemc1 View Post
    Was on the tee at 7.15 this morning at Frodsham. Raining throughout, greens flooded, called it a day after 7 holes. Home for 10oclock. Hardly the ideal start to the day.

played mainly bogey golf, so not too bad. Hoping for better tomorrow at Sandmoor.
    Frodsham doesn’t do well with rain anyway mate. The greens are like swamps after a downfall.
    TM M2 - Rogue Black stiff shaft
    TM M2 3 Wood
    TM RBZ 18* Hybrid
    Srixon z u45 3 Iron
    Titleist 714 AP2 irons
    Vokey wedges
    Odyssey Fang Tank

Head Pro

Yesterday but I had a lovely day out with my pals, course was superb #Walmley in Sutton Coldfield, had 3 birdies always nice :-) made a 2 happening more often than my 1 in 2016. and maybe got the longest drive with the trusty old 909 D3 back the bag and going long again.

High hopes for the medal Sunday at Kings Norton
    Handicap 2015: Restarted August :-) 3 cards 12.0
    2016: 12.0 > 8.1
    2017: 8.1 > 5.9 (winter series still to play #qualifyers)

Money List Winner

Played at Holyoke yesterday with Junior, Birchy and MikeH.

Weather was horrendous initially blowing a gale and absolutely lashing down, thankfully the monsoon stopped after a few holes and just the wind to contend with!!

What an absolutely superb course Holyoke is, every hole is very challenging off the tee and into the greens, I absolutely loved it.

Had a good close match between us, MikeH and I pipping Junior and Birchy 2&1, well at least I'm pretty sure MikeH contributed somewhere along the line.....

The view from the restaurant across the course was the perfect setting for the outstanding lunch and a glass of red. A top day all round
    H'cap = 4.5

Batted it round in 34 points in today's comp despite a trip on the railway line on the 16th. Once again stupid mistakes preventing any realistic chance of challenging.
    Handicap: 12

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by NWJocko View Post

Weather was horrendous initially blowing a gale and absolutely lashing down, thankfully the monsoon stopped after a few holes and just the wind to contend with!!

What an absolutely superb course Holyoke is, every hole is very challenging off the tee and into the greens, I absolutely loved it.

Had a good close match between us, MikeH and I pipping Junior and Birchy 2&1, well at least I'm pretty sure MikeH contributed somewhere along the line.....

The view from the restaurant across the course was the perfect setting for the outstanding lunch and a glass of red. A top day all round
    My phone obviously autocorrecting Hoylake to "Holyoke" for some
    Reason.....
    H'cap = 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by NWJocko View Post

Sounds like a great day mate.. Not a course that's ever appealed to me but I might have to give it a try next year..
    TM M2 - Rogue Black stiff shaft
    TM M2 3 Wood
    TM RBZ 18* Hybrid
    Srixon z u45 3 Iron
    Titleist 714 AP2 irons
    Vokey wedges
    Odyssey Fang Tank

Assistant Pro

Absolutely horrendous today in our monthly Stableford.

16 points. 12 out, 4 in.

I just can't get off the tee with my driver, despite having numerous lessons on it with my Coach.

I just don't know how I can take how I hit it during my lessons on to the course. It's like night and day.

Massively fed up. Argh.

At what point do I bin my driver and just buy a 5 wood??? (Which I also can't hit, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
    Absolutely horrendous today in our monthly Stableford.

16 points. 12 out, 4 in.

I just can't get off the tee with my driver, despite having numerous lessons on it with my Coach.

I just don't know how I can take how I hit it during my lessons on to the course. It's like night and day.

Massively fed up. Argh.

At what point do I bin my driver and just buy a 5 wood??? (Which I also can't hit, lol)
    Didn't keep score but a practice round for my 36 hole comp tomorrow and it was shocking bad off the tee, into the green and the short game. Dreading it tomorrow. Can't find any sign of form or consistency

Medal at home course - net 76 with dumb double bogey on 18 the difference between first buffer (all increases) since joining.

Had some really good holes today, some bad luck and as ever some pretty poor shots - but best medal since joining and getting close !

Team for 2nd team today.

Never down in the match. We were 2 up three times and always were brought back to level.

2 up on 16th tee. Level going in to 18.

Hit a weak drawing drive and left myself about 190 in (hole is 420 ish)

Sweet 5 iron in to about 30 foot after an unlucky bounce.

Drained the putt for a birdie to win the match!
    Cobra King F6 Driver
    Cobra Fly-Z 3 Wood
    (This Gap Needs Filling)
    Titleist 714 AP1 4-GW
    Mizuno MP T5 56 & 60
    Taylormade OS Spider

Handicap 14.6
    Target for 2017 - Cat 2

http://www.crewegolfclub.co.uk/