Page 1238 of 1311 FirstFirst ... 2387381138118812281236123712381239124012481288 ... LastLast
Results 12,371 to 12,380 of 13103
    Journeyman Pro Green Bay Hacker's Avatar

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Cracking Captain's outing to Porthmadog golf club today. Forty very happy golfers had an excellent day out even though the golf was not of a high standard. Winner (cat 1) came in with 33 points whereas 40+ points normally wins. Course had had quite a lot of rain the day before but stood up well. Front nine is mainly parkland while the harder back nine is links. Was going well until fourteen when I somehow managed to blob the last five holes. Had a free day though as I backed the winner at 7/1.
    G20, Cobra S9.1 3 wood, TaylorMade RBZ 5 wood, Cobra Amp Cell 2-3 Hybrid, Ping G20 irons 6-PW, Titleist 52,56 and 60 Vokey wedges, Scotty Futura X..

Slightly traumatised. 20 points after 9 holes. 34 after 16. Scramble a point on 17 and walk to the last, a par 4. I hit my drive down the middle. I have a strong 7 iron to the green, a little tight between bunkers but doable. I choke, pull the shot and find my ball against the lip of a bunker. Two shots to get out I end up blobbing.

A chance to get a cut, outside chance to get top 3 in the comp. Blown 😵.

3 man team Russian stableford this morning. slow would be an understatement.!! stuck behind a group of two 3 balls and a four ball of members and guests. took 4 hours and hour longer than we usually take. waited on every shot. they all kept waiting for the green to clear before teeing off on most of the par 4's. played off the whites as well none of them hit the ball further than 200 yards max and hardly hit a fairway between them. stood on half a dozen tee's with them all looking for balls 150 yards in front of us.

hit the ball well and it was a lovely day, just don't enjoy standing around.
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Level gross in todays medal.

Should see me down to 3.9 (first time EVER into the 3's). So close now I can smell 3. Just need to keep things rolling for a couple more rounds to try and get 3 before the seasons out.
    HCP 2017: 5.2 -> 3.8
    Selby GC

Second comp round at Houghwood. 28pts which is an improvement on last week but still so bad. Did birdie si2 which was nice, a few really good shots, but loads not worthy of a 28 capper

lovely day tho, couple of decent pps. Not sure if I can make next week.

if Stu unblocks me from his phone, maybe I can sort out dates 😂
    H'cap 14.8

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Trying hard to not be too disappointed with a double on the last - when I actully still ended 3 under h/cap with a nett 69 - gross 78 in first round of club championship. Which means I make the cut and can have another go tomorrow.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done

First game for a couple of weeks. Absolutely, wretched with the driver today big slices all day. Somehow kept the same ball all the way round (lost 3 provisionals).

Need to find some time to get down the range before next weekend.
    Handicap: 12

wonder of wonders .i played today.it was a charity day and was given a h/cap of 17 to play with as i havent played since the cooden day run by smiffy.
    anyway i ended up scoring 38pts and won the longest drive .so all in all not a bad day.
    common sense is so rare it should be classed as a super power.

7th round in the Daily Mail foursomes today. Lucky to get a home tie at this stage but were giving 13 shots. Challenging giving so many in 4somes but we got our noses in front early on and managed to stay there for a 4&2 win.

Next stop - the grand finals in exotic Walesland!
    Callaway X2 Hot Driver
    Callaway X2 Hot 3/5 Woods
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Hybrid
    TaylorMade R11 Irons 4-SW
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

Handicap: 2.5

There is a reason why the Fairway Dodger hits it like a girl!

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FairwayDodger View Post
    7th round in the Daily Mail foursomes today. Lucky to get a home tie at this stage but were giving 13 shots. Challenging giving so many in 4somes but we got our noses in front early on and managed to stay there for a 4&2 win.

Next stop - the grand finals in exotic Walesland!
    Well done @FD! Exotic Walesland has much to offer....
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

And with just the October medal to go - I've got to 8.3

Job done