Page 1483 of 1491 FirstFirst ... 48398313831433147314811482148314841485 ... LastLast
Results 14,821 to 14,830 of 14904
    Journeyman Pro Green Bay Hacker's Avatar

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Rocked up at the club at 5.30 tonight to play in the nine hole social and went to hit a couple of balls in the nets before I went out. On the way down there was a seagull hovering around and making a right din so I thought it must have a chick somewhere close. Reached the nets and a magpie and large crow flew out of them which I thought was a bit strange. Inside the nets was a young buzzard that was caught up, the other birds had probably chased it in and were attacking it. I managed to wrap a wind jacket around it, untangle it and then released it. Unfortunately it was chased again by at least half a dozen crows and magpies as soon as it was airborne.

After that the golf was pretty mundane, 19 points and nowhere near the prizes.
    Ping G400 driver, G400 5 wood, G400 2 Hybrid, Ping G20 irons 5-PW, Titleist 52, 60 Vokey wedges, Callaway Sure Out 56 wedge,Odyssey White Hot putter.

Quote Originally Posted by drive4show View Post
    I played a match there last month, the rain started 5 mins before I tee'd off. Needless to say, not the best views that day

We'll need to arrange another game again soon Steve
    Maybe a fourball somewhere if we can find two more players.
    Handicap:

Journeyman Pro

Just got back from a 4 day golf trip to bournemouth

format for the week was best 3 of 4 cards stableford score to win

carded 27 on the first day.. at Isle of purbeck
    35 points followed at meyrick park
    won the 3rd day with a 37 at queens park and got cut
    then scored 34 points today to bring in a total of 106 and win the week by 1 point
    In the bag
    TM M2 10.5 Driver
    TM M2 3 wood
    Ping G15 5 wood
    TM Jetspeed 3 Hybrid
    TM Jetspeed 4 Hybrid
    Titliest 716 ap1 6-PW
    SM5 vokey wedges 50, 54 , 58 degree
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 2 Ball with superstroke mid 2.0 grip

Money List Winner

The weather has proper screwed up my game. Blowing a gale and snapped a tree in half which decided to drop on some electricity lines again. So the nine hole back nine comp was cancelled.
    managed to hit a 242yd pile driver three wood. Me longest ever. And a similar drive distance. Also lost three balls.
    no power to the 19th so no chance of any sherbets in the clubhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashyboy View Post
    The weather has proper screwed up my game. Blowing a gale and snapped a tree in half which decided to drop on some electricity lines again. So the nine hole back nine comp was cancelled.
    managed to hit a 242yd pile driver three wood. Me longest ever. And a similar drive distance. Also lost three balls.
    no power to the 19th so no chance of any sherbets in the clubhouse.
    No real ale from the hand pump? Probably, but no electricity means no till so no service. Technology strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    Rule 1 - Don't birdie the first, it's all downhill from there....
    And it was.
    Some very extraordinary swings that produced visits to parts of the course I normally only see whilst playing different holes...
    Perfect preparation for the qualifier on Friday and Forest Pines on Sunday
    Could be a long weekend.........
    Prefer to think of it as not peaking too soon

Played Formby today in gales. Beat me up but loved every minute of it. However, Hillsides back 9 must have been close to unplayable in that wind, and for that reason, Formby has just jumped it as my 2nd favourite course.

Lights touch paper and retreats

I played today ...................... let's just leave at that.

Money List Winner

Playin a charity team open at Dunham Forest yesterday, best 2 from 4 to count, we scored 91 but didn't come close to the prizes, 104 was the winning score.
    Today we had a stableford, I scored 33 and got another 0.1 back, but played the best I have for quite a while,so hopefully I can kick on.
    Ping Driver
    WS woods
    Orka irons
    Vokey wedges
    Odyssey putter

Handicap 2012 34>19.4, 2013>15.4, 2014>11.9, 2015>10.0, 2016<11.6, 2017>10.8

2018 <11.6>11.0

http://www.ellesmeregolfclub.co.uk/index.php

Knowing we won't be playing this weekend, we decided to squeeze nine holes in last night, at Playgolf in Northwick Park, Harrow. It's a short course (two par 4s, seven par 3s) but all the holes are meant to be replicas of holes from major courses*. Don't know how accurate they are to their real counterparts, but it does mean some of them are quite tricky.

For eight holes I played solid bogey golf - not as many pars as I'd like (one) but only one double bogey so I was +8 after 8. Then it all went tits up on the last as I fatted two tee shots into the lake. I realised afterwards the problem, I think I was just trying to smack the ball too bloody hard to get it there, rather than just trusting the club and hitting it smooth. I was that annoyed that after we holed out I walked back to the tee to hit another one. Cleared it easily that time of course. Oh well, still a nice little round on a lovely evening.

*according the hole names on the scorecard, the holes are: Riviera, Ganton, Oak Hill, Belfry, Royal Birkdale, Royal Troon, August 16th, Walton Heath, Augusta 12th.
    • TaylorMade R11-S (12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood (17°)
    • Benross HTX 3 hybrid (20°)
    • Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-PW
    • Cleveland RTX-3 (50°)
    • Cleveland RTX Rotex 2.0 (56°)
    • Dunlop Wedge (60°)
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • DX2/Optix
    H'cap J F M A M J J A S O N D Review
    2017: 24 24.2 24.4 22.8 22.9 22.9 21.9
    2018: 22.0 21.2 21.6