Page 1259 of 1284 FirstFirst ... 259759115912091249125712581259126012611269 ... LastLast
Results 12,581 to 12,590 of 12840

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Played today, vertigo bad, score bad, but did at least play the full 18
    removed list of clubs as they change too frequently !

Handicap 12.0

couple of first's chalked up today, first final representing the club and first time playing in front of a decent sized crowd.

was asked at start of summer to play for club in the Yeomans Trophy played for by North Kent clubs, three pairs, 4bbb. was enjoying the experience although it started getting a bit serious with oppo bringing a few people with them to ours in the semi final which I wasn't expecting. nothing like today though with oppo bringing a good 25-30 to neutral venue at Shooters Hill GC, we had 5 !.

playing off the competition max hcap of 18, I started great with a tap in birdie on the par 5 first to win the hole, partner really struggled on front nine but real nip and tuck with never more than a hole in it until we lost 17 to go down 2&1. the second pair were halfway down their 20th when they got the news that our third pair had also lost 2&1 and the match was done.

overall I was really pleased with how I handled it although I definitely tensed up over the final few holes as scores from the other games were coming through and realised it was going to the wire. it was certainly an experience and one I guess most off a similar handicap won't face often so will hopefully help my game in future when the pressure's on.
    Member at Hever Castle GC, Kent & Shiskine GC, Isle of Arran
    https://hever.co.uk/club-pictures/
    http://www.shiskinegolf.com

Titleist 915 D2 Driver (10.5 Reg) (Diamana Red 50g)
    Taylormade Aeroburner Mini Driver (14 deg Reg)
    Taylormade M2 Rescue (19 deg Reg)
    Taylormade M2 Rescue (22 deg Reg)
    Srixon Z545 5-PW (NS Pro 980 Shafts)
    Cleveland Rotex 2.0 CB Wedges (50,54,58 deg)
    Rife 2-Bar Hybrid Putter

Handicap - 20.0

Money List Winner

Closing mixed today for us, the season has flown by. A greensome, we didn't play too bad but my partner uncharacteristically missed a couple of short putts, also over flew the green into a hazard with an approach that looked spot on. I hit a couple of iffy chips and we were still only 4 of the win.
    WS DXi Superlight Driver
    WS Fybrid RS 17
    WS Fybrid RS 23
    WS Fybrid RS 26
    Orka GS5 CTi irons 5-SW
    Titliest Vokey 52/8, 56/8
    Odyssey Works 2ball Fang

Handicap 2012 34>19.4, 2013>15.4, 2014>11.9, 2015>10.0, 2016<11.6, 2017>10.8

My golf blog http://louisesgolfblog.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.ellesmeregolfclub.co.uk/index.php

Played club match. Still full of cold and feeling crap. My partner went out in +2 gross (off 6) and I was only one over handicap and we were three down at the turn. I won 11 and 13 (latter with birdie) and partner won 10 to be all square. Nip and tuck then until 17 (218 yard par three) which we lost to a shot (SI 13). Both opponents had shots down the last. One hit his second into the cabbage and was out of the hole. The other played a pitch over water (in front of a packed patio) but left a 25 foot downhill putt. I was two feet away with a par putt. This guy had hit every putt over fifteen feet wither six feet past or left it three feet short so the chance of a three putt and me holing out to win the hole were looking good until for the first time all match he stuck it inches away

Great putt under the pressure of the match situation and those watching eyes and a great game played in a wonderful spirit. Fortunately we did enough to win the match, tie the overall result (home and away) and retain the trophy. On the plus side despite feeling rough, I hit it as well as I have for a while for most of the round and so a lot of good stuff for me to take away.

Quote Originally Posted by chellie View Post
    Finals day today and my partner and I were defending the ladies Foursomes title. We did it
    Well done Anne. Was Simon on the bag?

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Quaker View Post
    Brilliant Anne, well done
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Winning once is great, defending the title is special, well played!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    Well done Anne. Was Simon on the bag?
    Thanks all. No Simon wasn't on the bag but joined the group following us on the back nine. We were three down at the turn but won the next six holes. Our win was 3 and 2 on the 16th
    Handicap Challenge: chellie 22.7 v Marshy77 26.5

Played in Capt V Vice. Match play. New comp thrown in at short notice by me. Great banter from the off. Drinking commenced at 9am with a bottle of Bud. Half way round my opponent produced a hip flask with Brandy and Amaretto mix. OMG Delicious!!!! I won mine. But the other match in my group went to a young lad won hit the ball MILES. On the 10th, where I've heard that some people can clear the river 240 yards away, he teed it up and went for it. BOOM!!!! Cleared it. He was taking 3 wood on some tee shots so not to reach other parts with water, where we were hammering drives and being 30 / 40 yards back from him. He plays off five, but was level par stood on 16, then sliced into the woods. How I've no idea. He then gave up, as his match was already won on the 13th and was only carrying on to see if he could beat par, which he most certainly would have done.
    In My Bag
    Driver - Adams Superspeed 10.5 deg
    Hybrid - Adam Superspeed
    Irons - Cleveland CG16
    Putter - Yes Sandy
    Balls - Nike PD Soft, when using new in comps. Will be Callaway Supersoft next season

Thanks all. No Simon wasn't on the bag but joined the group following us on the back nine. We were three down at the turn but won the next six holes. Our win was 3 and 2 on the 16th
    Wow, great win and shows a good mentality.

Finals day today and my partner and I were defending the ladies Foursomes title. We did it
    Well done Anne, champagne's on you at Turnberry

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Well done Anne, champagne's on you at Turnberry
    That's good for us because you won't be there😱