Page 970 of 970 FirstFirst ... 470870920960968969970
Results 9,691 to 9,700 of 9700
    Tour Rookie

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Had a bit of a confidence booster today- shot 2 under handicap in testing conditions... albeit shorter course.

Only took driver out 3 times, 1 good drive, 1 pretty poor but on fairway and another awful which caused me a penalty stroke.

Think I need to bin driver for time being

Money List Winner

Managed to get out for 12 holes today. Hope I can remember how I'm swinging it just now, I've never hit the ball as consistently well as I am at the moment. Might even need to go to the range this week to try to keep it going in the same manner.

Also spoke at length with the pro about finally sorting my putting out when the weather improves.......
    H'cap = 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by NWJocko View Post
    Managed to get out for 12 holes today. Hope I can remember how I'm swinging it just now, I've never hit the ball as consistently well as I am at the moment. Might even need to go to the range this week to try to keep it going in the same manner.

Also spoke at length with the pro about finally sorting my putting out when the weather improves.......
    Our 2nd leg is gonna be a cracker, Iain - same here.

Blob start today, then 41 points for 17 holes.

2 under gross for the back 9, including 4 birdies. The two bogeys were also 2 missed pars from 4-5 foot.

If only my recent scores were qualifiers, I'd be off 4 or 5 by now. 3 over, 4 over 39 points and 41 points.

I'm sure it will come crashing down at RCP and RSG next week, though.
    £20 bet with a Fish with hibernation sickness, for the reds to finish top four.

Played at Westerham yesterday for the third game this year with 0 practice inbetween. Surprised by how ok i hit it, pretty decent course for being on a Groupon and an excellent practice area. Thought the par 3s were a particular good set.
    9.5* Ping i20 Stock Stiff
    15* Taylormade R15 Fujikura FUEL 60 S
    18* Adams Pro DHY Aldila Tour Blue 85 S
    4-PW John Letters Master Model S300
    52*,56*,60* John Letters Tour Black DG Spinner
    34" Odyssey Metal X Milled #1
    2016 Handicap par 73 SSS71 - 10.0 -> 10.1 (NR,95 adj) -> 10.2 (net 79)
    http://www.driftgolfclub.com/golf/

We had a 4 club competition yesterday. Best 2 from 4 scores to count. I gave it a little thought and ended up taking driver, 6i, pw and putter. Hindsight, I should have taken 5i, 9i and putter. Our winter tee's on the par 3's are quite a way behind the normal ones and the wind made 3 out of the 4 of them play at least a club longer. Was good fun trying to manufacture shots and give or take the odd pick up when my partners were already in the hole and the odd gunned birdie putt (dont leave it short!) i was 4 or 5 over for 15 holes. We ended up well down the field with 68 pts (8 under). 82 won which is 22 under par for 15 holes. Fun day though and the weather was great !
    H/cap 7.6, Lymm Golf Club, St Anne's Old Links Golf Club

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    We had a 4 club competition yesterday. Best 2 from 4 scores to count. I gave it a little thought and ended up taking driver, 6i, pw and putter. Hindsight, I should have taken 5i, 9i and putter. Our winter tee's on the par 3's are quite a way behind the normal ones and the wind made 3 out of the 4 of them play at least a club longer. Was good fun trying to manufacture shots and give or take the odd pick up when my partners were already in the hole and the odd gunned birdie putt (dont leave it short!) i was 4 or 5 over for 15 holes. We ended up well down the field with 68 pts (8 under). 82 won which is 22 under par for 15 holes. Fun day though and the weather was great !
    I've seen it said often on here, make sure you have the clubs you need for the par 3's, seems its good advice

Ryder Cup Winner SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

(Saturday) was knocked out of Winter Singles K/O by 71yr old 15 h/capper - so I had to give him 5 shots. He played excellent. I played 1 or 2 under my handicap - and excepting a double on 16 when I was three down - I played pretty well. Just that he played better - average long and straight off the tee - and only dropped about 8 shots.

I was not worried about losing as I actually played well, and my opponent was really pleased as he had played so very well.

Sometimes that happens - that's golf.

I only mention the guys age as I think it is great that our sport is such that 70+ guys can be good and competitive even well into 'late age'.

Great game we have.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

9 holes yesterday afternoon. Only one on the course, lovely. Moved the ball a little forward in my stance for longer hybrid shots, tip from my son, and suddenly I was getting a far better strike and trajectory. Thanks matey. A good practice round, cleared my head, very enjoyable. I was even able to clean my clubs in the stream in front of the 18th, I did the back 9, so that save me a job when I got home. Course is very muddy at the moment.
    Taylormade Burner Driver, Cobra Baffler 5w, Cleveland CG16 Irons , Cleveland Wedges, Ping Cadence Anser W Putter

Quote Originally Posted by huds1475 View Post
    Keep it going mate, good to see the hard work paying off
    Cheers Huds, looking forward to season starting, hope you are getting plenty of games in
    Where I play
    https://www.gaileslinks.co.uk/

2015 Handicap 17.9 - 16.0
    2016 Handicap 16.1 - 18.0

WITB

Taylormade Rocketballz stage 2 driver.
    3 - pw Titleist 714 - AP 1s
    48,52,58 Vokeys.
    Daddy Long Legs putter.

Hacked it around in the wind and rain, at a struggling for the first time this winter Bootle.

3 holes out, I hit upon a new driver swing thought, an I swear this is the one

More importantly, I got me £ back off Scott the ev
    H'cap 17.6