Page 1189 of 1256 FirstFirst ... 1896891089113911791187118811891190119111991239 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,890 of 12555
  1. #11881
    Tour Winner Junior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,126

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Club Championship for me this weekend. 36 holes over Saturday and Sunday with the players going out in reverse order on Sunday. I've no chance of winning the main 'scratch' prize, but I enter as its two medal cards and the course is always pristine. My main objective is to try and get a handicap cut , have a chance at the nett prize and not to be out first on the Sunday !!!  

    Didn't play too well on Saturday despite hitting it ok and 3 putted the last to miss buffer by 1 (82 gross) , but, I did end up in the 4th from last group out on Sunday and managed a nice 77 gross for a 0.4 cut. Was 5 over at the turn but played the last 10 holes in 1 over. Could have been a few better as well. I was hoping css would go up yesterday as whilst it was sunny, there was quite a bit of wind and the pins were in some brutal positions. Finished half way in the field but obviously a long way behind the leaders.
    H/cap 6.7,

  2. #11882
    Ryder Cup Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    10,036

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    Rumour has it that you are playing with each other in the morning at NZ, someones gonna get some stick that day.
    Shoot!! Glyn I want that £20 back I sent you, you promised me I wouldn't be playing with no knobs

  3. #11883
    Ryder Cup Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    10,036

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Club Championship for me this weekend. 36 holes over Saturday and Sunday with the players going out in reverse order on Sunday. I've no chance of winning the main 'scratch' prize, but I enter as its two medal cards and the course is always pristine. My main objective is to try and get a handicap cut , have a chance at the nett prize and not to be out first on the Sunday !!!  

    Didn't play too well on Saturday despite hitting it ok and 3 putted the last to miss buffer by 1 (82 gross) , but, I did end up in the 4th from last group out on Sunday and managed a nice 77 gross for a 0.4 cut. Was 5 over at the turn but played the last 10 holes in 1 over. Could have been a few better as well. I was hoping css would go up yesterday as whilst it was sunny, there was quite a bit of wind and the pins were in some brutal positions. Finished half way in the field but obviously a long way behind the leaders.
    Good effort though sir, there's always next year

  4. #11884
    Ryder Cup Winner Liverbirdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    12,755

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    From earlier last week, but I'm in the final of our scratch matchplay after winning 5 and 4 in the semis - first time I've ever been needed as a player on "finals day".

  5. #11885
    Ryder Cup Winner Stuart_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    10,036

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    From earlier last week, but I'm in the final of our scratch matchplay after winning 5 and 4 in the semis - first time I've ever been needed as a player on "finals day".
    Well done mush, who are you playing?

    Do you need a caddy?

  6. #11886
    Tour Winner Lincoln Quaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Woodhall Spa
    Posts
    3,961

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Shoot!! Glyn I want that £20 back I sent you, you promised me I wouldn't be playing with no knobs
    Oh you have a very quiet 3 ball for NZ
    11 hcp and rising.

  7. #11887
    Tour Winner Lincoln Quaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Woodhall Spa
    Posts
    3,961

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    From earlier last week, but I'm in the final of our scratch matchplay after winning 5 and 4 in the semis - first time I've ever been needed as a player on "finals day".
    Have all the proper golfers left Lee Park then
    11 hcp and rising.

  8. #11888
    Money List Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lancs
    Posts
    5,291

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    3 qualifiers for me this weekend. Buffer at my own place on Saturday after dropping 8 shots in the last 4 holes

    A 36 hole open yesterday, 2 steady rounds with shocking putting saw me in a 3 way tie on the lowest score but lost on count back. Still a cut in the morning and 0.1 in the afternoon and back down to 4 so not all bad (other than my putting!!!)

    Was a cracking day for it, nice and warm with a strong wind to make it interesting.
    H'cap = 4.2

  9. #11889
    Ryder Cup Winner Liverbirdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    12,755

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Well done mush, who are you playing?

    Do you need a caddy?
    Still not played the other semi - S Jackson or John Hughes.

    Glens already on the bag mate, but thanks for offering anyway.

  10. #11890
    Ryder Cup Winner Liverbirdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    12,755

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Quaker View Post
    Have all the proper golfers left Lee Park then
    Hey you, Ive won 2 games 5 and 4.

    I also played a Mr. Bye in the first round, and Johnny Disqualified in the quarters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Stop Getting On Rory McIlroy’s Back, We’re Lucky To Have Him

Having seen some recent social media comments, I feel it is time to remember just how good Rory McIlroy is after a season plagued by injury

September 20, 2017

Justin Rose Pledges Support To Save Southwood Golf Course In Hampshire

Southwood Golf Course in Farnborough, Hampshire is under threat from the local council and Olympic gold medallist Justin Rose pledged support to save the course he played as a junior

September 20, 2017

American Golf Deals: The Best Current Offers

We check out the best deal that retailer American Golf currently have on their site

September 20, 2017

Tour Championship Golf Betting Tips

The finale of the 2017 PGA Tour season happens at East Lake Golf Club check out who we think will do well with these Tour Championship Golf Betting Tips

September 19, 2017

Portugal Masters Golf Betting Tips

The European Tour is getting towards the end of the season, check out who the GM Tipster has picked to do well with these Portugal Masters Golf Betting Tips

September 19, 2017