Page 1189 of 1312 FirstFirst ... 18968910891139117911871188118911901191119912391289 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,890 of 13113

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Club Championship for me this weekend. 36 holes over Saturday and Sunday with the players going out in reverse order on Sunday. I've no chance of winning the main 'scratch' prize, but I enter as its two medal cards and the course is always pristine. My main objective is to try and get a handicap cut , have a chance at the nett prize and not to be out first on the Sunday !!!  

Didn't play too well on Saturday despite hitting it ok and 3 putted the last to miss buffer by 1 (82 gross) , but, I did end up in the 4th from last group out on Sunday and managed a nice 77 gross for a 0.4 cut. Was 5 over at the turn but played the last 10 holes in 1 over. Could have been a few better as well. I was hoping css would go up yesterday as whilst it was sunny, there was quite a bit of wind and the pins were in some brutal positions. Finished half way in the field but obviously a long way behind the leaders.
    H/cap 6.7,

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    Rumour has it that you are playing with each other in the morning at NZ, someones gonna get some stick that day.
    Shoot!! Glyn I want that £20 back I sent you, you promised me I wouldn't be playing with no knobs

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Club Championship for me this weekend. 36 holes over Saturday and Sunday with the players going out in reverse order on Sunday. I've no chance of winning the main 'scratch' prize, but I enter as its two medal cards and the course is always pristine. My main objective is to try and get a handicap cut , have a chance at the nett prize and not to be out first on the Sunday !!!  

Didn't play too well on Saturday despite hitting it ok and 3 putted the last to miss buffer by 1 (82 gross) , but, I did end up in the 4th from last group out on Sunday and managed a nice 77 gross for a 0.4 cut. Was 5 over at the turn but played the last 10 holes in 1 over. Could have been a few better as well. I was hoping css would go up yesterday as whilst it was sunny, there was quite a bit of wind and the pins were in some brutal positions. Finished half way in the field but obviously a long way behind the leaders.
    Good effort though sir, there's always next year

From earlier last week, but I'm in the final of our scratch matchplay after winning 5 and 4 in the semis - first time I've ever been needed as a player on "finals day".

From earlier last week, but I'm in the final of our scratch matchplay after winning 5 and 4 in the semis - first time I've ever been needed as a player on "finals day".
    Well done mush, who are you playing?

Do you need a caddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Shoot!! Glyn I want that £20 back I sent you, you promised me I wouldn't be playing with no knobs
    Oh you have a very quiet 3 ball for NZ
    10 hcp and rising.

Have all the proper golfers left Lee Park then
    10 hcp and rising.

Money List Winner

3 qualifiers for me this weekend. Buffer at my own place on Saturday after dropping 8 shots in the last 4 holes

A 36 hole open yesterday, 2 steady rounds with shocking putting saw me in a 3 way tie on the lowest score but lost on count back. Still a cut in the morning and 0.1 in the afternoon and back down to 4 so not all bad (other than my putting!!!)

Was a cracking day for it, nice and warm with a strong wind to make it interesting.
    H'cap = 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Well done mush, who are you playing?

Do you need a caddy?
    Still not played the other semi - S Jackson or John Hughes.

Glens already on the bag mate, but thanks for offering anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Quaker View Post
    Have all the proper golfers left Lee Park then
    Hey you, Ive won 2 games 5 and 4.

I also played a Mr. Bye in the first round, and Johnny Disqualified in the quarters.