Page 1188 of 1256 FirstFirst ... 1886881088113811781186118711881189119011981238 ... LastLast
Results 11,871 to 11,880 of 12558

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Back in the groove in time for Sunnngdale ! Well played mate.
    Hope so pal, my personal duel with old "baby fade" fishy has reignited the fire

Quote Originally Posted by davemc1 View Post
    Wasted 20 nicker hacking h&p up with duffers and his mate Phil. Pretty sure I never reached 20 pts. Hooks and thins being the main staple shot of the day.

how and why is what I'm mainly asking myself tonight. Good job I don't have any comps anytime soon to worry about
    Don't worry mate, I waste £1k a year doing what you do around there

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Played my Titliest Matchplay round away at Blundell hill GC and came through it with a 2&1 win, off to West Lancs for the next round.
    Go'ed lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    Hope so pal, my personal duel with old "baby fade" fishy has reignited the fire
    Rumour has it that you are playing with each other in the morning at NZ, someones gonna get some stick that day.

Money List Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbirdie View Post
    Rumour has it that you are playing with each other in the morning at NZ, someones gonna get some stick that day.
    They can share sarnies on the porch after too......
    Handicap Challenge: Papas1982 18.1 Vs Fish 18.0

Montgomerie Maxx Royal this morning, what a place and facility. Course was in decent shape considering the temperatures and the greens were amazingly receptive (compared to Sueno). But... talk about a game of two halves!!
    Front 9 I hit the ball nicely but could not get a score going and hit the turn +8 and feeling a bit bruised.
    Back nine, total opposite. Tee shot on the tenth so far right even the BNP wouldn't touch it. But I managed to dig a scuttler out from under the trees to 3ft and start the back 9 with a birdie. A 6 on the very next hole (long par 5) saw me give it back but then parred my way around the rest without really hitting many good shots. Adequate would sum them up. It's a funny old game.

But the Maxx Royal is some place and the staff were brilliant, free food and drink as well as the Maxx and Voyage where I am staying are affiliated.
    A bag full of Mizunos, a Bettinardi and hope. Lots and lots of hope..

www.pitreaviegolfclub.co.uk/

Had a cracking round on Saturday. Two weeks ago I broke 90 for the first time with an 88, and on Saturday I did it for a second time.

Had a round with two pals at Ruislip - not the best course but fancied something cheap and straightforward this time. Went round in 88, which was 40 Stableford points, and that was with two triple-bogey blobs at the 1st and 10th. Got a birdie and five pars in all, and two of those pars were at the 17th and 18th so it was a nice way to finish. The par is 69 there so I was four under net.

Playing really well at the moment, hope I can carry it on into next Saturday's Stableford competition and get myself another cut.
    Haste Hill Golf Club
    • TaylorMade R11-S (set to 12°)
    • Adams Speedline Fast 12 5 wood, 17°
    • Adams Blue 4 hybrid, 22°
    • Callaway Warbird irons 5-SW
    • Cleveland RTX-3, 50°
    • Odyssey Works 1W putter
    • Callaway Supersoft
    H'cap Jan Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
    2017: 24 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 22.8 22.9

Played 9 last night, i feel as though im in a good grove at the moment +1 gross for the 9. Massively spoiled by the couple who held me up my whole 9. At 2 holes we were actually stood on the tee together and they didn't even acknowledge my existence. I know that in old school terms someone playing on their own "Has no Standing" and doesnt have the right to be let through but when its blatantly obvious someone is behind you and playing quickly you should be letting them through. It really grinds my gears but I have reported to the committee as i knew who the couple were.
    In The Bag & Club:
    • Driver - Titleist 913D2 9.5° - Diamana 62 S+ Blue
    • Fairway Wood - Cobra King F7 15.5° Draw Bias - Fujikura Pro 65S
    • Hybrid - Titleist 816H1 19° - Diamana S+ 70 Silver
    • Irons - Titleist AP2 716 4 - PW - Dynamic Gold XP 115 S300 - Std Length, 1° Upright
    • Wedges - Cleveland RTX-3 50°, 54° & 58° all V-MG
    • Putter - Ping Cadence TR Anser 2
    • Balls - Vice Pro+
    • HCP 2017 - 12.4 > 12.0 > 11.4 > 11.6
    • Sandbach Golf Club
    • www.sandbachgolfclub.co.uk

Major Champion SwingsitlikeHogan's Avatar

Fiddlesticks!! Played in one of our main handicap board comps yesterday afternoon. Playing pretty well at the moment so had hopes (and therein lies...?) - out in 2 over gross and playing well. But bogied 10, and 11, and 12, and...and all the rest until the 18th when I scrambled a par. So played to my handicap. 3 under handicap won the comp. And it was ALL in my chipping. What on earth has happened to it? it's usually one of the strong parts of my game but only got down in two when chipping ONCE out of about 6 attempts, just a waste of all the good shots I played to get in chip and putt country.

But that is golf I suppose - and once you start dropping shots...

Anyway - my 4 or 5 under handicap will have to wait until the August medal.
    to infinity and beyond...

...well from 10.0 to 9.4 this year would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by GreiginFife View Post
    Montgomerie Maxx Royal this morning, what a place and facility. Course was in decent shape considering the temperatures and the greens were amazingly receptive (compared to Sueno). But... talk about a game of two halves!!

I look forward to a full report when you're back as I'm thinking about going out there in Sept/Oct time .
    Cobra Bio Cell 9.5º Project X PXv graphite shaft - Stiff flex.
    TM R11 Hybrid 18º, Aldila RIP Reg Shaft.
    Callaway Big Bertha 4 wood. (Go to club).
    TM R11's 4 - SW Regular steel.
    TM R11 50° Attack Wedge.
    Titleist
    Vokey Spin Milled 60º Lob Wedge.
    Scotty Cameron
    Studio Select Fastback No. 1.5.
    Loads & loads of golf balls.
    15,799 Swing thoughts. Rules book. 7 year old lucky tee peg (Broken).
    Hope............lots of hope.