Page 1186 of 1202 FirstFirst ... 186686108611361176118411851186118711881196 ... LastLast
Results 11,851 to 11,860 of 12013
    Journeyman Pro

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

First medal in a while...level gross front 9 without putting a foot wrong. +5 on the way in, to spoil it! Still, a cut to 5.8, and my lowest exact, feeling like I left 3/4 shots out there!

I turned up. I went out. Enough said

Caldwell Cup, 78 for 66 and beaten on countback. Lost it at 16th when dunking a pitch into the pond at the front of the green trying to get close to a tight pin.

Still, 0.6 cut and down to a lowest-ever 11.3..
    Pumpherston Golf Club

In The Bag

(Driver) Taylormade Aeroburner 12deg
    (3-wood) Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 15deg
    (5-wood) Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 18deg
    (Hybrid) Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21deg
    (Irons) PING Karsten 5-SW Green Dot, PING Tour 58deg
    (Putter) PING Sigma G Tyne
    (Balls) Taylormade RBZ Stage2

12pts better than last week, 31pts, playing in probably the worst weather I've been out in for years. Driving rain, backed by a strong breeze - a (nailed) 6 iron went 105yds. On the 190yd par 3 4th I hit a driver 5yds short. Madness!

Hit some great shots, culminating in a splitting the fairway on 18, putting the second 8ft short of the pin and rolling the putt in.
    Last edited by Hobbit; 15-Jul-2017 at 22:34.
    Give it big humpties

Jackson cup yesterday off the back blue tee. peeing it down and very warm, but no wind... flat calm. played ok apart from two holes where i threw my score away with two 7's, with the SSS off the blue being 74 there was a chance of a nice cut, but with those two just buffer.

The current club champ (+3)shot the lights out and fair few really low players all went out last (afternoon stopped raining) perfect conditions he shot 64 gross and there were a half a dozen scores in the 60 which is unheard of at Nairn
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Tour Rookie

My sorry state of home club rounds continues, even at the new club. Only one cut in pretty much the whole of 2016 to date. I just can't get any round going in a home club comp. Give me an away day or golf day and i'll shoot single figures easily. I've had 4 rounds with 40 or more points this year away from home.
    Started well today with a bogey, par, then boom straight in with a 7 on the third, followed by a par 4, then double bogey 5 on an easy par 3, followed by another 7! Ended up 48 whacks on the front 9, but finished with a lovely birdie 3 on the 9th to give me some hope for the back.
    Lip out bogey on the par 3 10th, then a 40 yard topped drive on the 11th. Managed to find some form going in and finished with a 40. 88 in all, net 77 0.1 added.
    My issue is the driving, if I can get on off the tee well I will score well. Looking back at the round from 13 holes with drier or 5w, only 6 were in play or not in the trees so I have to improve this. Quick half hour on the range this morning, stableford Saturday, then club chaps the end of the month. So I could be 10.9 by August.
    Handicap 2014-2017 yo yo'in between 10.2 & 11

it was actually quite cold and wet for an hour and a half yesterday (11-12.30) before turning dry and humid. 30 points = another 0.1, but didn't really expect anything different. But signs of a few nicely struck shots and the best 3 wood i have ever hit - not sure where it came from - crap drive off 11 off the trees landing just infront of ladies' tee! 3 wood absolutely nutted high, straight and long and 270 yards further up hill!! No idea what i did or how to repeat but shots like that are what i dream of when playing more so than the overall score. Together with 3 or 4 nice irons and a couple of decnt drives and that is certainly a step in the right direction. Just need to keep that up and cut out the 3-5 blobs and we might have the start of progress. Still not played to handicap this year but i am hoping it is close

29pts in our 15 hole roll up. Got dusted by the worlds deadliest 80 year old 20 hc who used his chipper and putter to great effect (35 Pts).... hit it well, greens as slick as I've played on at Lymm. Got out club scratch 36 hole comp this weekend, so they have been well and truly ironed!
    Missed quite a few putts after racing some 6/8ft passed!

Journeyman Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    I turned up. I went out. Enough said
    Not another .1 Martin

Arse fell out, within thanks to 2 shanks. Gross 80. Came 8th overall.
    Always next year.
    HCP 2017: 4.3(4)
    Selby GC