Page 1184 of 1312 FirstFirst ... 18468410841134117411821183118411851186119412341284 ... LastLast
Results 11,831 to 11,840 of 13113

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Not today but played the Sueno Pines course yesterday. 8am tee and the course was pretty much empty bar a few groups of Germans (who kindly let me play through on 12 and 14.)
    Temperature by 9am was pushing 40 (well 39) and so thankful I had a buggy.
    Course is really nice and well kept considering the heat. First tee shot off the whites is tighter than a gnats chuff but mamaged to squeeze a decent drive along the treeline and into the middle of the fairway.
    A respectable +4 front nine, which inluded a lost ball on just the second (watery grave - but salvaged a 5). Back nine I seemed to get a rhythm going and +3 for that stretch.
    For a long course I will happily walk off +7 and not with the bruising that I expected especially with all the water and two island greens on 9 and 18.
    Very hot but enjoyable. And the guy about snakes was right, saw a red and black one in the bushes off the 11th tee but apparently just a type of grass snake and relatively harmless. Luckily was only in the trees once on the par 5 15th with a wayward second.

Only things were the fairways had not a flat bit on them, like Mach dunes, and the big (and I mean huge, four winged, Red and black) hornets buzzing around evrey green. Putted quicker than I would have normally on a few greens.
    Last edited by GreiginFife; 15-Jul-2017 at 15:11.
    A bag full of Mizunos, a Bettinardi and hope. Lots and lots of hope..

www.pitreaviegolfclub.co.uk/

Finally found a swing that resembles a golfer, tried a very narrow stance today and seemed to pay off, must have made 10-11 up & downs so approach play wasn't great,
    40 points and not even in the top 10
    TM Aeroburner TP 8.6 *PX 6.5
    TM Aeroburner TP 14* PX 6.5
    TM Aeroburner TP 18* PX 6.5
    Honma TW 727v 4-pw Nippon Modus 120 x
    Yamamoto Wedges 50,54,58
    Odyssey O works Fang 2 Ball

Cheerfully texted my wife that I'd got 35 points today..(after a run of rubbish) .30 mins later her reply text said she'd got 39 ! Boom!
    A bit Old School, Taylor Made Woods & Ping Irons! Jetspeeds and i25s
    Scotty flat stick
    Somedays they behave, others less so!
    SLDR sitting in the garage to remind the driver, "he can be replaced!"

35 points in today's comp. Just about hanging in there all the way round, but never really threatening to score well. Only 4 bunkers today
    Handicap: 12

President Day today - Course playing tough , level par gross on the 18th tee and took an 8 to play to HC but should get another .2 cut.

Guy I was playing with ( our third pulled out due to injury had his best round ever scoring gross 72 for a net 62- was great to watch

Had to share on here today as I was on such a buzz earlier..

A top 8 finish in my Club Champs bracket (10-18) got me into the following knockout competition. Played my opponent today, off scratch, off the back white markers. This is other lad tonks it an absolute mile past me, as do most people, but especially so in this case.

Straight out the gate I was 2 down through 3 and just plugging away. I have played enough matchplay and got used to people smacking it past me that I didn't panic and just played on. He holed some decent footage for the first hour and after birdie the 6th he went 3 up. Really this should've been enough to see me off but I played some decent golf and through 9 I was only 1 over handicap, albeit 2 down in the match, getting beat by better golf in all fairness.

I kept a decent run going through the back 9. From the 6th to the 16th I was only 2 over gross and had nicely chipped away at the lead. No panic, no major blow-ups from my opponent, just steady golf. All square on 15th tee and I couldn't stop smiling. I was just dead chuffed with myself for getting back into it when I looking like getting a pasting.

Dropped an almighty clanger on short 17th, bunker off the tee, bushes from bunker, back to the apron from bushes....1 down, 1 to play.
    Still didn't feel out of it though as my opponent was pretty much shaken by the last hour of losses, and only went 1 up by me losing the hole, rather than him winning it (or so I chose to believe!).

Kept cool and played a solid 18th, FiR, GiR, 2 putts, par. It was enough to extend the match as Lewis carved his wedge into the greenside bunker from nowhere and made a 5. We shook hands, temporarily, then headed back to the 1st. We waited probably 10 minutes to filter in again and I played 1st and spanked my best drive down a very tough hole, hit it nice and straight and not short either. Lewis then walloped an absolute beast, right over the trees and on the far side of the parallel 9th fairway. I hit one more shot when it was my turn and it was enough.

Buzzing to win and got my name in the next round. Love a bit of matchplay!
    Ping G30 driver // Cobra Amp 3 wood // Hybrids - Amp Cell and Ping G5
    Cobra Amp Cell irons // Trusty Rusty & Vokey wedges // TM Ghost Spider putter
    @merv_swerve - Newark GC

Scored 36 points today, despite two double hit chips....
    Comp Set- Driver-Titleist 909 D2, x3 wood-Mizuno MP001, x5 wood-Cobra S2, xHybrid-Mizuno MX700 20 deg, xx
    Irons- Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-PW, xxMizuno Tour Style 52 & Vokey 56 deg,xxPutter - Odyssey White Steel No 1
    Old School Clubs - Too many to list.
    2017 H'cap - Start 10.8, finish 12.0

Journeyman Pro

Played yesterday at Knaresborough in a society day. 5 events from May to September and have one of the days as the main day when there's trophies, money and a yellow winners shirt to be won.

11 holes in the morning in a betterball event - our team which was expected to be the worst team came joint 1st. Chips and Sandwiches and out for 18. Didn't play that well in the morning but did contribute on a fair few holes.

Started so well and just kept going, scoring at least 2 points on every hole on the front 9 and stood on the 10th with 23 points. Only scored 4 points on the next 4 holes but then picked up again and scored 11 points on the final 5 to finish with 38 points.

Had to rush off after but 4 groups out of 6 had come in a nobody had scored over 33 points by that point. They did the presentation back at the pub and received a text last to say our group were joint 1st in the morning that I won my division (19-27 handicappers), won the individual of the day so won some money, the trophy and the winners yellow polo shirt.

Knaresborough is such a great club - course is fantastic, club very relaxed and friendly and the pro and manager made a big deal of introducing themselves to us and just giving us a run down of the club/course and made us all feel so welcome. 2nd time I've played it and loved it again, if I could I'd join without hesitation but its just too far.
    Ping G15 Driver
    Ping G20 Hybrid
    Ping G10 18 Hybrid
    Cobra Amp 5-SW Irons
    Titliest Vokey 60 degree
    Taylormade Rossa Putter

Handicap 27

Member at Baildon Golf Club

A level par, nett 66 in the first round of our club champs... out with 2x 1 handicappers tomorrow in the last group. Wish me luck!
    HCP 2017: 5.2 -> 3.8
    Selby GC

Quote Originally Posted by ruff-driver View Post
    Finally found a swing that resembles a golfer, tried a very narrow stance today and seemed to pay off, must have made 10-11 up & downs so approach play wasn't great,
    40 points and not even in the top 10
    Where was that Jay?
    10 hcp and rising.