Page 1183 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 183683108311331173118111821183118411851193 ... LastLast
Results 11,821 to 11,830 of 12023

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Played 18 holes today. Definitely a round of two halves. Both equally bad.
    Ping SF Tech Driver 10.5 deg
    Ping i 3 Wood 14.5 deg
    Ping i Hybrid 19 deg
    Ping i Irons (4-PW)
    Ping Glide Wedge 50 deg
    Ping Glide Wedge 54 deg
    Ping Glide Wedge 60 deg
    Ping Scottsdale Anser2 Putter
    Balls: ProV1X (or Srixon AD333 over water).
    Handicap 8.1

7.7 has a certain ring to it........

That is all..
    Epic 9°
    Fusion 3w 15°
    Big Bertha 5w 19°
    Big Bertha 4h 22°
    Legacy Black 5-PW
    Apex GW
    MD2 54/14 , 58/14c
    ProType 2-Ball

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Game of two halves today. Front nine was a total struggle and couldn't get anything going.

Cuppa tea and a Snickers (still a Marathon for me) at the halfway hut and BOOM!!!

Played like a god on the back nine starting gross birdie, gross par gross birdie.

Stupidest game in the world, but of course we all know that already.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    7.7 has a certain ring to it........

That is all..
    Oooops

Tour Rookie

Panshanger today....

21 points going out, 12 coming back.. got tired on the last 4 cost me

started Bogey, Birdie, Double, Par

not a terrible start , finished bogey bogey but the 2 blobs before it cost me dearly
    In the bag TM M2 10.5 DriverTM M2 3 woodPing G15 5 woodTM Jetspeed 3 HybridTM Jetspeed 4 HybridTitliest 716 ap1 6-9 SM5 vokey wedges 46, 50, 54 , 58 degreeOdyssey White Hot Rossie Putter

Won the swindle today, 3 over going out with an annoying double on the 9th but came back in 3 under and could have been better. A nice £21 in my winnings pot.
    Handicap:

Played in the pishing rain for the whole round today. Was a bit of a nightmare.

Arrived completely unprepared for it. Had 3 towels hanging off my bag and didn't think to move one into my brolly till the 9th hole. By this stage they were all soaked.

Had 18 points with a silly blank in there on the front. Chipped in for bird on 10 and kept me out grinding as we were the only ones left out like Muppets. Fell apart coming in due to every club being soaked and could barely hold on.

Bagged 3 birdies, a wee 2 and 32 points for the 3rd time this week to scrape buffer every time as Css goes up off the back sticks.

If I had of played in the morning id say I could have troubled the top 3.
    Mizuno mp850 Fujikura vista tour pro x big blue bad boy from GM & Mizuno powers that be! or Titleist 910 (old trusty)
    Titleist 913 F 16* 4 wood
    Titleist 913 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24 hybrid
    Titleist 915 27 hybrid
    Titleist 714ap2 6-gap
    Vokey sm4 56 wedge or winter sm6 14bounce
    Titleist sm5 k grind 60 wedge or old trusty MD 60* 8bounce
    Bullseye putter
    handicap updated to --(2017)8.2---8.4---8.2---8.0---7.8--

Bit of a mad one tonight.

Played with a young lad I used to work with and two of his mates, all around 20 and can all smash it. Me and a 12 h/capper vs a 14 and 15 h/capper.

5 down after 6 holes, with them two being 2 under gross! I was starting to think that this could be a dog licence or even an 8/7.

I managed 2 birdies on 7 and 8, with the 8th being a chip in, but one was only for a half, so was 4 down at the turn.

Then managed to win 11,12 and 13 , one being a birdie on 11. Birdied 14 for a win, shared a few halves then won 16 to go all square.

Lost on 18, to the 15 h/cappers very last shot (SI 8) with him getting a nett birdie to my par. What a rollercoaster of a round.

I had two doubles on the front 9, 4 birdies and apart from not putting out on one hole for a likely bogey would have shot a 1 over. My partner only come in on 2 holes, so backs to the wall, but had a boss laugh throughout.

Couple of games this week.

Played in the doubles on Monday and managed a 5&4 win. My PP (off 10) chunked our first shot of the evening off the 1st into the boondocks - lost ball. Our opponents (off 11 and 22) played steadily for the first few holes and were 1up but then I holed a few nice putts and once we got ahead, we ground it out and they started making mistakes. I drove the ball very well and, as I was sharing tee shots with the 22 h/c, I think he felt under pressure, which led to errors.

Played in the singles last night against a good friend of mine who is off 26. It was his first ever matchplay tie and he was a bit nervous. Again, I hit it really well and was 6up through 7 - was worried it might get a bit embarrassing but he won 8 and 9, should have won 12 and in the end I won 5&4 again.

I was +4 at the time and had missed 3 putts from inside 3 feet. Putting horribly just now. There's a very good score waiting to come out if I can find a way to get the ball in the hole.

I'm playing the same guy in the next round of the doubles and singles, so that'll be interesting...
    Some clubs
    Some baws
    Hunners of broken tees
    and a Snickers that was best before Oct 2011

www.wlgc.co.uk

Tour Winner

First game after my big cut last week, played crap, got soaked but it appears the rain will save me as the comp is being abandoned because of the rain.