Page 1182 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 18268210821132117211801181118211831184119212321282 ... LastLast
Results 11,811 to 11,820 of 13060
    Tour Winner

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post

When we got to 12 we spotted 3 Japanses teeing of 14 with a caddy. Stuck behind them was a guy on his own. who we caught up on the 14th tee, so asked him to join us. it turns out he had been stuck behind them from the first hole, with no offer to go through. He had tee'd off almost two hours before us. So played in as a 4 ball with them holding us up for the last 4 holes, but we were still round in three and a half hours, which in my experience is quite quick for the championship course in summer in the afternoon. Would have been under 3 without the hold up. Poor guy on his own though was over 5. He was philosophical as he had worked in the far east and said that's what its like out there on courses.
    Surely that is as much the fault of Royal Dornoch. The caddies should be told to let people through.
    Handicap Challenge: chellie 22.7 v Marshy77 26.5

Played Lancaster yesterday in a best 2 from 4 open. Course was in great condition and the greens were rolling true and very slick. I'd recommend a trip there if you have not played before. It's a great setting.  

The rough was pretty brutal and if you just missed the fairway there were lots of lies with the ball sat right down and it was hard to get the ball out with any control. I think we scored 81 or 82 points but had a great back nine. Personally, I won nearest the pin, had a 2 and got a box of pro v's for my efforts......I also, just missed 2's on 13 and 18 in front of the hall. Lovely evening for it !
    H/cap 6.7,

Net 69 [ including 3 double bogeys ] at Colville Park's senior open , lying in second place when i left , possible cut on the way .
    Last edited by williamalex1; 13-Jul-2017 at 16:41.
    handicap 15.5 sadly now 16.5

Q-School Graduate

So near and yet so far. I played exactly to handicap today with just one 3 putt on the card which gave the only double bogey. I feel as if I am getting there at last. I need to up the birdie count though with just 2 today.

Quote Originally Posted by chellie View Post
    Surely that is as much the fault of Royal Dornoch. Th e caddies should be told to let people through.
    too much money rolling in for them to care, every 4 ball of visitors is worth more than the membership fee paid by one member.

members on the whole ( the ones who caddy anyway) don't mind, getting cash and keeping their fee's artificially low .
    http://www.nairngolfclub.co.uk/

The Nairn Golf Club, Club Champion (handicap) 2017

Money List Winner

I played twice today. This morning at Hillside in a ladies open, sadly I could not stay out of fairway bunkers so didn't score very well but I do love the course so didn't worry too much about my game.
    This evening I played in our medal, I parred the first 2 holes, but then after 3 bogies took 4 from the edge of the 6th for a double. I birdied the 8th which was the start of a good run and I play 9 holes in level par, so I was just 6 over after 16. I hit a good drive and 2nd shot on the 17th and then from nowhere an awful scuffed shot, followed by chip that hit and tree then 3 putts for a triple bogey 8, which I then followed with triple bogey on the last where I left a shot in a bunker then missed a short putt.
    Absolutely gutted with the finish, 6 over for 16 than 6 over for the last 2 alone. It wasn't tiredness I felt great. On the plus side, at least I buffered.
    WS DXi Superlight Driver
    WS Fybrid RS 17
    WS Fybrid RS 23
    WS Fybrid RS 26
    Orka GS5 CTi irons 5-SW
    Titliest Vokey 52/8, 56/8
    Odyssey Works 2ball Fang

Handicap 2012 34>19.4, 2013>15.4, 2014>11.9, 2015>10.0, 2016<11.6, 2017>10.8

My golf blog http://louisesgolfblog.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.ellesmeregolfclub.co.uk/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by williamalex1 View Post
    Net 69 [ including 3 double bogeys ] at Colville Park's senior open , lying in second place when i left , possible cut on the way .
    Update, managed to hold on to 2nd place in the old farts section, 50 and a 0.3 cut
    Last edited by williamalex1; 14-Jul-2017 at 09:07.

Quote Originally Posted by williamalex1 View Post
    Update, managed to hold on to 2nd place in the old farts section, 50 and a 0.3 cut

Well done Old Boy.
    Full set of PXG clubs from putter to Driver. Pro V1 golf ball

Played Sherwood Forest in a pro am yesterday.

Front 9 we was flying but the back 9 we didn't get going.

Ended up finishing 8th and prizes for top 6.
    10 hcp and rising.

Quote Originally Posted by HankMarvin View Post
    Well done Old Boy.
    Thank you kind sir, when are you paying me a visit kiddo ?