Page 1174 of 1312 FirstFirst ... 17467410741124116411721173117411751176118412241274 ... LastLast
Results 11,731 to 11,740 of 13113

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Another up and down day on the course....
    Generally decent off the tee - 3 wood going well, up to 272 yards today, driver less so...
    Irons shoddy, no other word for it.
    Chips and putts ok.
    As I said yesterday we are in dire need of rain....hit a 235 yard 5 iron today.... ridiculous!
    A couple of birdies again but many sloppy shots still.
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    Roll up this morning.... peeing it down walked in after the 5th, as there were no sign of it easing off.

well not until we walked into the bar.

stuff soaked for the 2nd day in a row and now drying on the Aga

Send some down here Patrick, the courses are burning to death!
    Cobra Bio Cell 9.5º Project X PXv graphite shaft - Stiff flex.
    TM R11 Hybrid 18º, Aldila RIP Reg Shaft.
    Callaway Big Bertha 4 wood. (Go to club).
    TM R11's 4 - SW Regular steel.
    TM R11 50° Attack Wedge.
    Titleist
    Vokey Spin Milled 60º Lob Wedge.
    Scotty Cameron
    Studio Select Fastback No. 1.5.
    Loads & loads of golf balls.
    15,799 Swing thoughts. Rules book. 7 year old lucky tee peg (Broken).
    Hope............lots of hope.

Head Pro

Snuck out late afternoon, first time in 5 weeks, with the intention of playing 13 holes, (natural break point on the course), but seeing as I'd just missed a good birdie chance to go -3, I thought I'd carry on!

Dropped 3 shots in the last 4 holes, 2 of which were due to careless putting, but finished +1, my best return ever! I just hope I can do something similar in the medal on Sunday.

Club Champion

Played after work with a couple guys at work who I have not played with for about 3 months, when my average would be circa 90 normally.

Suffice to say they were surprised with my improvement, with the good vibes in the group pushing us all to some good golf. Was a lot of fun.

Apart from 3 holes, drove the ball perfect, with a few monsters in there (325 on the 17th and 342 on 18 on to the green according to my GolfShot app. Small tail wind and rock hard fairways obviously)

Ended up shooting my best score ever, 71. With at least 6 putts missed from under 10ft and messing up a couple of holes.

Feel like ive dropped around 15 strokes in the last 2/3 months, from a long time golfer, not a beginner as well. It's crazy how well it is clicking at the moment and it's just making me want to play every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Played for my A-team yesterday away at Maxstoke.

3 down after 4 but turned all square after some essential scrambling thanks to my wedges & putter.

Played the back 9 four under handicap (5 over gross) and lost 3&2 😳

Still struggling off the tee with no degree of consistency which is where I am losing shots, booked an on-course lesson on Friday as it's doing my head in 😡🏌️
    Good luck with lesson on Friday mate. You will get it sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Lump View Post
    Attachment 23055
    Won the same open last year. Playing some good golf atm and it helped us sneak (by 1 point) the win again this year.
    Also got the Mens long drive.

For anyone thats not played The Oaks (just outside Selby), head over. Its in pristine condition atm. Best greens I've played this year, will take a ball even from a long way out and running fast and true. Approaches to greens are like carpets. Its not a short knock either. 6800yrds from the whites.
    Well done James. Well played having played with you at Woodhall this win was no surprise

Played on my old cricket clubs golf day at croham hurst and in all honesty it wouldn't bother me if I never saw my clubs again.

i have somehow developed an aggressive draw/hook with my irons - even my 56 degree wedge went at right angles and I couldn't work out how to hit the bloody ball straight.

my driving was awful - 2 decent shots but the rest were either hit left or right and my 3 wood needs a stint on the naughty step already.

only good thing was that when I finally got on the green my putting was pretty good.
    in my bag; all LH Callaway Epic sub zero driver with fujikura pro green x flex shaft, Epic Sub zero 3 wood with fujikura pro green x flex, Mizuno Tour Proven Original blades (3-PW) Cleveland CG15 wedges (52,56,60), Scotty Cameron Del Mar putter, Callaway Chrome soft balls

Quote Originally Posted by anotherdouble View Post
    Well done James. Well played having played with you at Woodhall this win was no surprise
    Well done James!
    in my bag; all LH Callaway Epic sub zero driver with fujikura pro green x flex shaft, Epic Sub zero 3 wood with fujikura pro green x flex, Mizuno Tour Proven Original blades (3-PW) Cleveland CG15 wedges (52,56,60), Scotty Cameron Del Mar putter, Callaway Chrome soft balls

Quote Originally Posted by Dando View Post
    Played on my old cricket clubs golf day at croham hurst and in all honesty it wouldn't bother me if I never saw my clubs again.

i have somehow developed an aggressive draw/hook with my irons - even my 56 degree wedge went at right angles and I couldn't work out how to hit the bloody ball straight.

my driving was awful - 2 decent shots but the rest were either hit left or right and my 3 wood needs a stint on the naughty step already.

only good thing was that when I finally got on the green my putting was pretty good.
    This will only be temporary mate

Knockout matach last night, receiving 7 strokes. Even most 9 of the way either only going 1 up untill the 11th, two lost balls for me see me conced the hole to go two holes down. Manged to call it back over the next 2 holes. Take the 14th, lose the 15, take the 16, lose the 17. Half the 18th, back up the first a good drive, an average 5 iron, then a lovely little pitch with a 9 iron to about 6 feet. Left it short but put that one in for the hole and the win.

Into the last 8 of the knockout now, hopefully be able to keep the run going.
    In the Bag:

Titleist 910 D3 9.5 degree Grafalloy blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 910F 15 degree Diamana Kai'li 75 mid stiff shaft
    Callaway X Hot pro hybrid 16 degree
    Cobra FLY-Z plus forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 52/9 KBS Tour-V 125
    Nike VR S400 56/10
    Rife 460 Tour Blade

Handicap - 18.7

http://www.mintogolf.co.uk/