Page 963 of 972 FirstFirst ... 463863913953961962963964965 ... LastLast
Results 9,621 to 9,630 of 9719
    Club Champion

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Had a quick fire 13 holes round swinley forest not bad as we teed off at 4 played quite well struck the ball well looking forward to our first comp this year on Sunday
    Ping g driver 10.5 regular flex, R15 3 wood R15 5 wood Ping g hybrid 22 and 26 degrees taylormade Speed blade irons 5-pw Cleveland 588 rtx wedges 52/56 and 60, Odyssey 9 metal x putter. one lucky golfer playing at swinley forest

Money List Winner

I played again today and went round in 11 over, I was only 6 over after 15, but finished with 2 doubles and a bogey. Again I mostly played well, even holed a couple of putts which made a refreshing change and on the two occasions I 3 putted it wasn't down to missing a short putt more misjudging the speed on drying green.
    WS DXi Superlight Driver
    WS Fybrid RS 17°
    WS Fybrid RS 23°
    WS Fybrid RS 26°
    Orka GS5 CTi irons 5-SW
    Titliest Vokey 52/8, 56/8
    Odyssey Divine Rossie putter

Handicap 2012 34>19.4, 2013>15.4, 2014>11.9, 2015>10.0, 2016<11.6

My golf blog http://louisesgolfblog.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.ellesmeregolfclub.co.uk/index.php

..Realised I need to swing a bit quicker with my driver and I hate srixon ad333 tour balls!

I really enjoyed Kings Hill GC
    in my bag; all LH Callaway 1.5 mini - 12 degree Neutral Adams Tight Lies 3 wood - 16 degree Adams Tight Lies 5 wood - 19 degree Mizuno Tour Proven Original blades 3-PW Mizuno MPT 53, 56 and 60 wedges Scotty Cameron Del Mar putter Srixon Z stars ADD333 Tours

Finally got out for 18 holes today. Course very wet and soft in places. Played pretty good considering how long since i last played, had 3 birdies 1 double and 1 treble and a handful of pars and bogies. Some very good and some quite ordinary.

Signs for the new driver were optimistic too Need to address what i carry between the driver and 3 iron, the Adams hybrid on the light side.
    In the bag:
    TM M1 9.5 degree
    Adams Red 17 degree hybrid
    Orka RS1/RS3 Irons 3-PW
    Orka RS10 Wedges 52,56,60
    Ping Ketsch

Handicap: 6

After a recent hospital stay, my first round in over two weeks. I rocked up without knowing it was a midweek stableford. 2 points after 4 holes and panicking big time. Felt very tired and the swing was totally mis-firing. Somehow got out in 15 points and 16 back for 31. Was actually scaring the buffer until one pointers on 15 and 17. Once I got into it played ok apart from the putter. Absolutely hanging by the 12th but got round and despite 0.1 its onwards and downwards

Went and played 9 holes after a recent back muscle problem and decided to take my old Snake eyes 2 iron out for a spin, hit it like a missile. Starting to think about dropping my 58* wedge and either bagging the 2 or making up a new 3i and using that.

Overall I'm happy with the way I'm striking my irons.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson View Post
    After a recent hospital stay, my first round in over two weeks. I rocked up without knowing it was a midweek stableford. 2 points after 4 holes and panicking big time. Felt very tired and the swing was totally mis-firing. Somehow got out in 15 points and 16 back for 31. Was actually scaring the buffer until one pointers on 15 and 17. Once I got into it played ok apart from the putter. Absolutely hanging by the 12th but got round and despite 0.1 its onwards and downwards
    So less than 12 days ago you were in hospital with what was described as Severe Influenza and you've been on the range last week and now on the golf course in the cold and wet winter conditions! I'm sorry but I can't see any logic in that, you've mentioned an illness you've carried relentlessly in every post for over a year, then had to call the emergency services out but then had this very recent episode of hospitalisation and you're straight back out in the cold & damp obviously not strong enough which can't be doing you any good IMO!

I will sympathise with anyone who becomes ill and especially gets hospitalised and moreso with anyone who has 3 episodes of ill health in less than 6 weeks, but I think that in this case that sympathy is replaced with stupidity and if you fall ill again your woes will fall on deafened ears!

The sympathy card has been overplayed now...
    Member of http://www.coventrygolf.co.uk/

14 months without an Infraction!!!

Qualifying stableford off the yellows today - scored on every hole through 17 and had 37 pts playing 18.

Sliced the tee shot out of bounds, made a 7 and no points grrr......

CSS has been coming in at up to 38 pts several times recently so at least I will buffer and move on to the next comp - March midweek medal back off the whites

Saturday roll up, 5 over par for 42 points, came second. Played some horrid golf today. Total garbage, but the putter was hot. Its a silly game.

Tour Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    So less than 12 days ago you were in hospital with what was described as Severe Influenza and you've been on the range last week and now on the golf course in the cold and wet winter conditions! I'm sorry but I can't see any logic in that, you've mentioned an illness you've carried relentlessly in every post for over a year, then had to call the emergency services out but then had this very recent episode of hospitalisation and you're straight back out in the cold & damp obviously not strong enough which can't be doing you any good IMO!

I will sympathise with anyone who becomes ill and especially gets hospitalised and moreso with anyone who has 3 episodes of ill health in less than 6 weeks, but I think that in this case that sympathy is replaced with stupidity and if you fall ill again your woes will fall on deafened ears!

The sympathy card has been overplayed now...
    come on fish, just say what you think 😀