Page 962 of 1284 FirstFirst ... 46286291295296096196296396497210121062 ... LastLast
Results 9,611 to 9,620 of 12831

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Played a quick 9, opened eagle birdie and still only managed 2 over par.

Son shot level par but I was 3 up when we decided to call it a day (back 9 looked so slow.....) key thing is was a rare victory for once !

Club Champion

Played 11 holes today with the friend who inspired me to learn golf. He's been playing nearly fifty years, off 14. I've been on course since June last year - no handicap yet so pretending to be a 36. (Being a girl and all!). Aim was to enjoy it, have fun and get some good advice and experience. Achieved all that. Not so thrilled with the 14 on the par 5 though but it was worth taking the strokes for the lessons learned on how to get out of all the trouble I put myself in. Hey ho.

. But then, I took a closer look at the card and worked out ...handicaps applied, stroke play he beat me by just 6 strokes, on match play basis we halved one hole, I took four and he took six. Stableford basis he beat me by a single point. I am thrilled!!!!
    Especially as I played off the men's winter tees with him 😀

Well, thrilled and now severely ****'d off about that 14😩😩
    Last edited by Copernicus; 16-Feb-2017 at 23:16.

Club Champion

Doesnt really count, i know but just been on the range for the first time in 4 months after a broken ankle. Very excited, but took it reasonably easy as still cant do much turning etc. Only took wedges, 9&7 but was hitting it reasonably well considering.

So happy to be back out there but a still a way to go recovery wise.

Played S&A yesterday - first time I'd held a club since Boxing Day.

Tidy 36 points, 2 blobs, 3 birdies.

Quote Originally Posted by Odvan View Post
    Played S&A yesterday - first time I'd held a club since Boxing Day.

Tidy 36 points, 2 blobs, 3 birdies.
    Good shooting sir !

Did you ride away on a donkey wearing a sombrero ?
    H/cap 6.7,

Level par today with an eagle , two birdies and four bogies. First day out with the new grips on my irons and very impressed with them , https://www.golfpride.com/grips/mccplus4/
    Handicap : 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Good shooting sir !

Did you ride away on a donkey wearing a sombrero ?
    No, but the £25 pot I walked away with will pay for both

Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
    Played 11 holes today with the friend who inspired me to learn golf. He's been playing nearly fifty years, off 14. I've been on course since June last year - no handicap yet so pretending to be a 36. (Being a girl and all!). Aim was to enjoy it, have fun and get some good advice and experience. Achieved all that. Not so thrilled with the 14 on the par 5 though but it was worth taking the strokes for the lessons learned on how to get out of all the trouble I put myself in. Hey ho.

. But then, I took a closer look at the card and worked out ...handicaps applied, stroke play he beat me by just 6 strokes, on match play basis we halved one hole, I took four and he took six. Stableford basis he beat me by a single point. I am thrilled!!!!
    Especially as I played off the men's winter tees with him 😀

Well, thrilled and now severely ****'d off about that 14😩😩
    Well played, maybe time to look at bringing that imaginary handicap down.
    Comp Set- Driver-Titleist 909 D2, x3 wood-Mizuno MP001, x5 wood-Cobra S2, xHybrid-Mizuno MX700 20 deg, xx
    Irons- Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-PW, xxMizuno Tour Style 52 & Vokey 56 deg,xxPutter - Odyssey White Steel No 1
    Old School Clubs - Too many to list.
    2017 H4H H'cap Challenge vs Richart & chrisd - Start 10.8, current 11.8

Knobbed it around, played like a knob so that's fair...
    Struggled to find the middle of any club except the driver which, perversely, I hit quite well.....
    The Golfing Gods have me a birdie on the last - good driver, good 4 wood, good chip to 3 feet and one putt.
    Only time I strung more than a couple of decent shots together....
    Fragger only played nine as he had a slight altercation with a Mercedes in the lane leading up to the club..
    One tyre gone, the other set to go, bit of bodywork but suspension and anti-roll bar knackered and drive shaft misaligned...
    But I'll let him fill in the details..😙
    Epic 10°
    Big Bertha 3w 15°
    Big Bertha 5w 19°
    Big Bertha 4h 22°
    Launcher 5h 26°
    Legacy Black V 6-PW
    X 50/12
    MD2 54/14 , 58/14c
    ProType 2-Ball/TT3

Handicap 7.7 at Whipsnade Park

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Club Champion

Had a quick fire 13 holes round swinley forest not bad as we teed off at 4 played quite well struck the ball well looking forward to our first comp this year on Sunday
    Ping g driver 10.5 regular flex, R15 3 wood R15 5 wood Ping g hybrid 22 and 26 degrees taylormade Speed blade irons 5-pw Cleveland 588 rtx wedges 52/56 and 60, Odyssey 9 metal x putter. one lucky golfer playing at swinley forest