Page 962 of 1495 FirstFirst ... 462862912952960961962963964972101210621462 ... LastLast
Results 9,611 to 9,620 of 14946
  1. #9611

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Played a quick 9, opened eagle birdie and still only managed 2 over par.

    Son shot level par but I was 3 up when we decided to call it a day (back 9 looked so slow.....) key thing is was a rare victory for once !

  2. #9612
    Club Champion
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    83

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Played 11 holes today with the friend who inspired me to learn golf. He's been playing nearly fifty years, off 14. I've been on course since June last year - no handicap yet so pretending to be a 36. (Being a girl and all!). Aim was to enjoy it, have fun and get some good advice and experience. Achieved all that. Not so thrilled with the 14 on the par 5 though but it was worth taking the strokes for the lessons learned on how to get out of all the trouble I put myself in. Hey ho.

    . But then, I took a closer look at the card and worked out ...handicaps applied, stroke play he beat me by just 6 strokes, on match play basis we halved one hole, I took four and he took six. Stableford basis he beat me by a single point. I am thrilled!!!!
    Especially as I played off the men's winter tees with him 😀

    Well, thrilled and now severely ****'d off about that 14😩😩
    Last edited by Copernicus; 16-Feb-2017 at 23:16.

  3. #9613
    Club Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    69

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Doesnt really count, i know but just been on the range for the first time in 4 months after a broken ankle. Very excited, but took it reasonably easy as still cant do much turning etc. Only took wedges, 9&7 but was hitting it reasonably well considering.

    So happy to be back out there but a still a way to go recovery wise.

  4. #9614
    Journeyman Pro Odvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,012

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Played S&A yesterday - first time I'd held a club since Boxing Day.

    Tidy 36 points, 2 blobs, 3 birdies.

  5. #9615
    Tour Winner Junior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,474

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Odvan View Post
    Played S&A yesterday - first time I'd held a club since Boxing Day.

    Tidy 36 points, 2 blobs, 3 birdies.
    Good shooting sir !

    Did you ride away on a donkey wearing a sombrero ?
    H/cap 6.7,

  6. #9616
    Tour Winner upsidedown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    4,200

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Level par today with an eagle , two birdies and four bogies. First day out with the new grips on my irons and very impressed with them , https://www.golfpride.com/grips/mccplus4/

  7. #9617
    Journeyman Pro Odvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,012

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Good shooting sir !

    Did you ride away on a donkey wearing a sombrero ?
    No, but the £25 pot I walked away with will pay for both

  8. #9618
    Tour Winner Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
    Played 11 holes today with the friend who inspired me to learn golf. He's been playing nearly fifty years, off 14. I've been on course since June last year - no handicap yet so pretending to be a 36. (Being a girl and all!). Aim was to enjoy it, have fun and get some good advice and experience. Achieved all that. Not so thrilled with the 14 on the par 5 though but it was worth taking the strokes for the lessons learned on how to get out of all the trouble I put myself in. Hey ho.

    . But then, I took a closer look at the card and worked out ...handicaps applied, stroke play he beat me by just 6 strokes, on match play basis we halved one hole, I took four and he took six. Stableford basis he beat me by a single point. I am thrilled!!!!
    Especially as I played off the men's winter tees with him 😀

    Well, thrilled and now severely ****'d off about that 14😩😩
    Well played, maybe time to look at bringing that imaginary handicap down.
    Clubs - Various wooden woods. xVarious bladed irons. xVarious strange old putters. xxxIt's not all about the score. xx
    Handicap - 12.4
    2018 HFH Handicap Challenge vs Richart & Bigfoot

  9. #9619
    Grand Slam Winner Imurg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aylesbury Bucks
    Posts
    23,440

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Knobbed it around, played like a knob so that's fair...
    Struggled to find the middle of any club except the driver which, perversely, I hit quite well.....
    The Golfing Gods have me a birdie on the last - good driver, good 4 wood, good chip to 3 feet and one putt.
    Only time I strung more than a couple of decent shots together....
    Fragger only played nine as he had a slight altercation with a Mercedes in the lane leading up to the club..
    One tyre gone, the other set to go, bit of bodywork but suspension and anti-roll bar knackered and drive shaft misaligned...
    But I'll let him fill in the details..😙
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

    Handicap 8.0 at Whipsnade Park

    H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

    You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

  10. #9620
    Assistant Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    bracknell
    Posts
    102

    Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

    Had a quick fire 13 holes round swinley forest not bad as we teed off at 4 played quite well struck the ball well looking forward to our first comp this year on Sunday
    Ping g driver 10.5 regular flex, R15 3 wood R15 5 wood Ping g hybrid 22 and 26 degrees taylormade Speed blade irons 5-pw Cleveland 588 rtx wedges 52/56 and 60, Odyssey 9 metal x putter. one lucky golfer playing at swinley forest

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Latest Golf News

Bryson DeChambeau Compass Use Being Investigated

The Golfing Scientist was seen using a compass at the Travelers Championship

June 25, 2018

Hosung Choi: The Man With The Viral Golf Swing

Hosung Choi sent social media wild this weekend whilst in contention at the Korean Open

June 25, 2018

Matt Wallace What’s In The Bag?

What clubs did Matt Wallace use to win his third European Tour title in Germany?

June 25, 2018

Bubba Watson What’s In The Bag?

Here we take a look at the Ping gear used by Bubba Watson to win his 12th PGA Tour title at the Travelers Championship

June 25, 2018

Bubba Watson wins Travelers Championship

Bubba Watson fired a closing round of 63 to come from six shots behind and win the Travelers Championship at TPC River Highlands for a third time.

June 25, 2018