Page 1477 of 1491 FirstFirst ... 477977137714271467147514761477147814791487 ... LastLast
Results 14,761 to 14,770 of 14903
    Medal Winner

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Frustrating yesterday as I managed to sneak out after work for 9 for the 2nd day on the bounce. Wednesdays 9 was lovely Millionaires golf and 9 holes completed just over the hour and finished at 8.30pm. Hit a lovely wedge on the 3rd hole to tap in for my first ever birdie and no one to witness it. There are always witnesses when I duff though.

Last night was a nightmare went o<script id="gpt-impl-0.9464280960427716" src="https://securepubads.g.doubleclick.net/gpt/pubads_impl_213.js"></script>ut around 7.10pm to the tail end of a comp went to 1st there was a 4 ball teeing off and a 4 ball teeing off from the 3rd went to the 10th 2 ball in front but a 3 and 4 ball in front of them, played the 10th extremely slowly so gave up and decided to go back to the 1st as the 4 ball who were teeing off had just cleared the second hole as I cleared the 10th.

Tempo ruined I hacked my way around holes 1-5 then went home

Relatively disappointed with 33 points today.
    2 blobs, both directly caused my complete inability to play from sand. Almost everything else was respectable but I made it hard for myself, probably losing 3-4 shots to very poor bunker shots.
    Still, normality has resumed as Fragger was, once again, put to the sword..
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.9 at Whipsnade Park

H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Imurg View Post
    Relatively disappointed with 33 points today.
    2 blobs, both directly caused my complete inability to play from sand. Almost everything else was respectable but I made it hard for myself, probably losing 3-4 shots to very poor bunker shots.
    Still, normality has resumed as Fragger was, once again, put to the sword..
    Tough school you play in, poor guy was on death's door a couple of weeks back and you are claiming a scalp

Quote Originally Posted by saving_par View Post
    Tough school you play in, poor guy was on death's door a couple of weeks back and you are claiming a scalp
    Damn right!
    Callaway clubs in a Callaway bag.

Handicap 7.9 at Whipsnade Park

H4H Handicap challenge Vs r0wly86

You might be a King or a Little Street Sweeper but sooner or later you dance with The Reaper...

off to play Royal Dornoch. hope the greens are better than they were for our club match against them.

Challenge Tour Pro

Quote Originally Posted by patricks148 View Post
    off to play Royal Dornoch. hope the greens are better than they were for our club match against them.
    Play well Patrick, fine night for it.
    Cheers Brian

Head Pro

Last night #ScratchTeam @Ullesthorpe

3 holes in 3 down, extremely embarrassed at that stage and ready to end my first team experience, then shot level par for 14 holes including an eagle 3 on 14th and took it 2-1. just shows how things change especially when your hitting it well you just need time to bed in and let the good golf arrive.

Team won 5.5 v 2.5
    2018: 5.8 > current 5.3 (year best 4.8)
    2017: 8.1 > 5.8
    2016: 12.0 > 8.1
    Handicap 2015: Restarted August :-)

Money List Winner

I played my Titliest matchplay first round this afternoon, I played well and after 8 holes was under my handicap and 3 down!! and never recovered ending up losing 3&2.
    In fairness although the guy I up against played well, he also had the rub of the green on his side, he chipped in for a two, I had two putts lip out, 3 times he drove into trees and every time the ball came back out onto the fairway.
    Ping Driver
    WS woods
    Orka irons
    Vokey wedges
    Odyssey putter

Handicap 2012 34>19.4, 2013>15.4, 2014>11.9, 2015>10.0, 2016<11.6, 2017>10.8

2018 <11.2

http://www.ellesmeregolfclub.co.uk/index.php

Seniors QEll Cup today and our greens were slicker than a slick thing. 19 going out but only 13 back. Scoring was brutal in the comp as at least 4 pins were almost impossible.

In the end came 3rd with my 32 and 33 won it. Lowest winning score I’ve ever seen at ours and still editing to see what the CSS is going to be.

Gutted as I left an absolute cart-load out there. Just started to slip away from me after halfway hut (despise stopping when playing well) and I couldn’t get it back.

Mixed feelings as I should have got a cut that would have seen me down to 11, but now might just be a buffer although not even sure of that. Might even be a .1. Bah!!!
    Last edited by JohnnyDee; 08-Jun-2018 at 21:09.

Stableford yesterday. Another .1 sees me back to 3.5. I’m like a yo-yo between 3 and 4.