Page 1472 of 1491 FirstFirst ... 472972137214221462147014711472147314741482 ... LastLast
Results 14,711 to 14,720 of 14901

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

First round for the club champs today, glorious conditions if a little foggy at times, but warm and no wind. Birdies on 1 and 2 put me in uncharted territory, and a third birdie on the 5th was surreal. Played pretty well for the rest of the round to card an 80 nett 70 3 under CSS.

The resulting 0.6 cut sees me cut to 9.0 and the first time I can call myself a single figure golfer woop woop. I'm chuffed as that has been a goal for the last few years now but it took longer than I expected to get there.

Beer is open :-)

Second round of the champs qualifying tomorrow so I probably won't break 100 !
    North Berwick Golf Club - 2018 Handicap 9.6 ⇡ 9.7 ⇣ 9.5 ⇡ 9.6 ⇣ 9.0 ⇡ 9.1

Saturday roll up today. Started like a proper golfer and level par gross through five. That poxy sixth hole derailed me and lost a ball at nine was annoying. Bad start to the back nine but finished nice and strongly for a reasonable 33 points. Enough good stuff in there to give me some encouragement for the competition tomorrow and a good round and handicap cut feels likes it's on the horizon. Playing decent but still those annoying one or two silly holes to get rid of

Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    First round for the club champs today, glorious conditions if a little foggy at times, but warm and no wind. Birdies on 1 and 2 put me in uncharted territory, and a third birdie on the 5th was surreal. Played pretty well for the rest of the round to card an 80 nett 70 3 under CSS.

The resulting 0.6 cut sees me cut to 9.0 and the first time I can call myself a single figure golfer woop woop. I'm chuffed as that has been a goal for the last few years now but it took longer than I expected to get there.

Well played sir!

(And signature handicap updated already, getting to single figures is one of golf's landmark achievements. )
    Clubs - Various wooden woods. xVarious bladed irons. xVarious strange old putters. xxxIt's not all about the score. xx
    Handicap - 12.4
    2018 HFH Handicap Challenge vs Richart & Bigfoot

Money List Winner

I played today with a couple of chaps from a Blackpool footy forum, to even things up I played of the yellows.
    I was rather pleased with how I played, the yellow course is 700yds longer than the red and I went round in 87 which included wasting 4 shots leaving the ball in bunkers. I reckon that it would be a par 75 based on ladies yardages.
    Ping Driver
    WS woods
    Orka irons
    Vokey wedges
    Odyssey putter

Handicap 2012 34>19.4, 2013>15.4, 2014>11.9, 2015>10.0, 2016<11.6, 2017>10.8

2018 <11.2

http://www.ellesmeregolfclub.co.uk/index.php

Good day at the office for me today. Summer medal and shot a 77 nett 61 for comfortably my best round ever off the whites. Good enough to win 90%of competitions though not today. My PP shot a 3 under 67 off his 6 h/c.

Happy enough to get pipped by such a score and just chuffed to be getting a decent cut of 1.8 strokes.

Been trending this way all week after shooting 78 on weds in a non qualifier (including a 5-putt!!!) and shooting 41 points in a work golf/drinking session at West Lothian GC yesterday.

All while the weather has been glorious (aside from the odd thunderstorm).

Excellent. Proper milestone for any golfer.
    Titleist 915 D3 7.5*
    Titleist 915 15*
    Titleist 913 19* 5 wood
    Titleist 915 24* hybrid ( or ping I25 3 iron)
    Titleist 915 27* hybrid
    Mizuno Fli Hi JPX (2012) 6 & 7 (or ap2 6&7 iron)
    Titleist 714ap2 8-gap
    Vokey SM 6 56* 14*bounce
    Vokey SM 5 k grind 60* 11*bounce
    Odyssey prototype 2ball black series putter
    handicap updated to --(2017)8.2---8.4---8.2---8.0---7.8--(2018)8.2...7.6...8.2....7.2..... 6.8

Tour Winner

Superb Ian and good luck for today
    Handicap Challenge: chellie 22.7 v BrianM 23.1Handicap Challenge: chellie 22.7 v GG26 24.4

Congrats Ian , about time
    10 hcp and rising.

Played yesterday at Stanton on the Wolds in a pairs open.

Best green I have putted on this year, quick and true.

£25 each to play and it was a really nice course.

Betterball medal, Went out in 29 shots and we was on fire (Dan had 4 birdies, I did help honestly ) picked up a few more on the back 9 then dropped 2 shots on the closing 4 holes, ended up 5th place but managed to sneak the best gross prize and won a mizuno cart bag.
    10 hcp and rising.

Tour Winner

played half decent, 38 points
    IN THE BAG
    Orka GS5 10* Driver, 3 wood, GS5 19*, 22* & 25* hybrid,
    Orka RS5 4-6 irons, Orka RS3 7-PW irons
    Orka J29v 52* 56* wedges, Taylormade Rossa Monte Carlo putter

H/C
    2018 start 18.6, >18.7