Page 1203 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 203703110311531193120112021203
Results 12,021 to 12,027 of 12027

Re: I played today and...(Rolling thread)

Lesson at lunchtime. Really good. Nine holes tonight and struggling to take that onto the course. Think the next two days will come too soon (so sorry to my partners). Decent drive down the last was encouraging as was the pitching so who knows

Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    Brokenhurst Manor on a scouting mission for an open with my son, very nice setting, course in good condition, greens (currently) slower than we are used to, also softer but running very true. Quite a few short par 4's but mixed up with a couple of pretty long ones (for the mid handicap mortals not the long hitters) and a very long par 3.

Normal array of ponies on the way and a very belligerent group of donkeys ....

Well worth playing if you are in the area but we did not know the New Forest show was on this week and despite setting off for home at 6.30pm caught a fair amount of traffic !

Anyone know the history on why the village is called Brockenhust and golf club Brokenhurst ?
    I believe it was always called brokenhurst, until the railway company misspelled the name of the village on the sign and it became brock. That's the rumour. Greens will be slower this week they're being protected for club champs at the weekend

Yesterday Birchy, GregBWFC and some of the Woodhall lads played Cuddington with BIM and his mates.

Wow, what a lovely place to play golf, a proper members club if ever I have seen one.

The clubhouse is superb with a fantastic setting looking over the 18th, I wish most clubs could be like that.

As for the course it's very well laid out with some very good holes, lots of variation and very very good greens
    however.......450 yard par 4 uphill and I don't get a shot as it's SI 13 Someone is having a laugh.

Anyway 37 points was enough for me to take our groups money but BIM would have took our money if we let him enter as had a swift 40 points as Rich is ultra steady and boringly straight

Thanks Richard
    For anyone wanting for more info on the Sunningdale mega meet 2017 please e mail Trump2016@hotmail.com

Money List Winner

I played twice today.

1st round at 7.50am in a team open at Prestbury, what a lovely course, I really enjoyed it and need to go back, as a bit of prior knowledge definitely helps, I didnt play too great on the front 9, only contributing twice, but had 6 pars on the back 9 so earn
    ed my share of 2nd prize, we lost 1st on a cpo.

2nd rouns was at 6pm in the medal at Ellesmere, I was disappointing especially around the greens where I threw away at least 6 shots. So a .1 increase for me. but the main story was the girl who I played with, a 9 handicapper, who after starting with 3 bogeies played the remaining 15 holes in just 1 over par for a gross 76, nett 67. She just had one of those days, she played well but also holed a few putts and got the break of bounces. She has cut to 7.

On a rainy day,play was suspended at Ellesmere for a hour, I didn't do too badly, had it for 5 holes in the morning and only 5 minutes in the evening.
    WS DXi Superlight Driver
    WS Fybrid RS 17°
    WS Fybrid RS 23°
    WS Fybrid RS 26°
    Orka GS5 CTi irons 5-SW
    Titliest Vokey 52/8, 56/8
    Odyssey Works 2ball Fang

Handicap 2012 34>19.4, 2013>15.4, 2014>11.9, 2015>10.0, 2016<11.6
    2017 11.6>10.2

My golf blog http://louisesgolfblog.blogspot.co.uk/

http://www.ellesmeregolfclub.co.uk/index.php

Played pairs better ball yesterday and found that I was finally hitting my new 3 wod a lot cleaner after having been topping it woefully. Just required bending knees slightly and strike improved so much.

It never fails to amaze me how the slightest modifications can produce massive differences.

So with that thought in mind when playing later today I'm going to try and stop my right hand 'slipping under' on my grip. I'm convinced this will also help overall ball-striking, however previous attempts to remedy this have seen me slipping back into the habit within a few rounds.

Today's score might suffer though - still, no pain no gain.
    I used to have a signature until it became unfashionable.

More a post about NOT playing today grr. Stuck overnight in Exeter as my flight home yesterday was cancelled after 5 hours waiting in the airport. Bussed to hotel and up at 4.30 but still won't make my tee time at 10.15. Shame, as it's our Professional's Day which is usually good fun. So I don't want to read any moaning today from those of you lucky enough to play!
    North Berwick Golf Club - 2017 Handicap 11.0 ↑ 11.5 ↓11.3

Tour Rookie

Got the unmentionalables yesterday.. only with my irons tho.. wedges and woods fine

Played poor going out but coming back I stuck to hybrids and woods.. then just used wedges scored much better

Least there was a way round..